Samsung NP-N210

Samsung NP-N210
- Intel Atom N450 @ 1667 MHz
- 2 GB DDR2 @ 533 MHz
Thoughts? Best distro?

Attached: SfhPChvPLJp1oCj.jpg (800x600, 39K)

if it is below $200 buy it and install debian

Looks cute. I’d put void on it

Tinycore

Actually you can dual-boot it with Windows XP or 7 and some linux distro.

Jow Forums doesn't even know its operating systems
windows 8.1 is better than windows 7, you just need to install a start menu

>dUDE WINDOWS LAMO
No thanks pajheet

>$200 for those shitty specs
no thanks

Yeah I know it's better but looking at the specs, it's better to put an old Windows to better performance, am I right?

I've got an worse one and installed lubuntu. Works flawlessly.

Nope. Loonix can be just as lightweight and far more secure simultaneously.

maybe one of the windows server editions

I have almost the same specs
just install debian + i3
works great with only 1 Gb of ram

>lubuntu
>Works flawlessly
wew lad

Peppermint os, basically a much better lubuntu

C A N C E R
A
N
C
E
R

What kind of retard would pay more than $60 for that?

Seconded. With that Atom CPU (equivalent to a 2004 Pentium 4 running at 3.0 GHz) you shouldn't even think about putting Windows 7+ on it.

What's wrong with it?

>be me
>be a chad
>at starbucks
>using an atom-top
>that nerdy twink can't stop looking at me

These.
Also very important: use pale moon as a web browser, it's way less resource intensive than firefox and chrome

Chad would never have the patience to use one of these. Quit larping

>>that nerdy twink can't stop looking at me
>thinking: oh so it's true that chads are brainlets after all

You want something with a stable release cycle on it like Debian or Devuan or something.
Those poor-tier CPUs hate a ton of time to unpack the packages while updating so you really want the distro with the least updates as possible.
And you probably want to use a WM like awesome or openbox or use XFCE since it's the only decent desktop DE.

Forget Wangblows, forget KDE/Gnome and using a web browser is a pain on it though it's usable if you are patient.
Maybe if you get an SSD on it you can speed up the swap time because with 2GB of ram it will be swapping a lot

Alright, I will take these into consideration. Thanks for your time.

put a stable distro on it like centos or debian

Atoms are almost unusable, so whatever distro can run on an extremely weak CPU.

You can install android x86 to unlock its full potential

youd really be far cheaper off if you used a raspi 2b with display, keyboard and powerbank and you can do roughly the same on it anyway

That's not practical at all, I'm sure OP wants something that he can carry with one hand and put on his lap when using the toilet
Also, idk about raspi3, but as an owner of both an Atom netbook and a raspi 2 I can tell you the atom is much faster than a raspi2

Aw shit, now I want to take out my Acer netbook and put gentoo on it again.
Also gentoo, with distcc if you're impatient.

>being dependent on other computer to update the OS
Seriously, that computer is the last machine anyone sane would consider installing gentoo on, sure you can use distcc to make it compile faster but then it isn't really a netbook if you have to get back home so you can update the OS or install a program

don't do it
I fell for the netbook meme a while ago with this and the latitude 2120.
it's just too slow to be useful and the screen and keyboard are fucking shit.

just get a x200 or something similar for HP if you want something light and useful, these were bad when they came out and are still just as bad now

Good luck. A lot of those superlight laptops run 32 bit UEFI despite having a 64 bit processor (which Windows will lie to you about having). I got Fedora running on it without too much pain, but make sure to NOT run a large DNF transaction while running a desktop environment, it'll lock the system up.

I recommend the Asus UX305 unless you really want the netbook in the OP.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-07-21 17-40-17.png (1024x600, 49K)

Payed 40 euros 3 years ago, use it every day.

Attached: slisho2.jpg (2000x1868, 549K)

Q4OS with TDE will run great on it. Maybe not for web browsing but it should be just fine for just about everything else. The minimum requirements for this distro are a 300MHz Pentium, 128MB RAM, and 3GB of disk space. I challenge anyone to find a more full featured yet lightweight modern desktop OS.

It's gonna run like absolute dogshit with Windows 8/8.1. You might be able to get away with 7 if you strip it down and turn a lot of shit off. XP would run okay but it's outdated and lacks support for a lot of programs now.

>palememe
Fuck that. Install NetSurf. It's not a fork and it runs beautifully on toasters.

Attached: snapshot1.png (1280x1024, 948K)

Gentoo, with a binhost VM. Ignore any distcc retards, build everything on a fast desktop.

I used to use lubuntu on my np-nf310 but currently it works like a dream with voidlinux(musl).