Fav torrent client?

what is the Jow Forumsentlemans torrent client?

Attached: 1470779074190.png (615x535, 206K)

Top left

none of them

I use transmission-qt

Transmission

Attached: 1516331309469.png (256x256, 26K)

i have my brown boyservant bring me quality, curated data bits inside a virgin USB storage device, on a silver tray atop a small velvet cushion

then i have him in my boudoir, orgasming inside his tight, hot anus until i am spent.

I'd buy that for a dollar

i use deludge. transmission is grand as well.

anything but qb and u torrent will be grand.

qBittorrent because it just works on Windows

I use qbittorrent.

Qbitorrent because I just dont fucking know the differences between those

For me it's qbittorrent on Windows transmission on Linux.

Tixati

BiglyBT or Vuze built from sauce [on Gentoo]

Transmission and qBittorrent also are usable, both have less features though.

Is deluge the only one that has proper client (not web shit)?

I think all torrent clients mentioned in this thread so far have desktop clients.

when i limit speeds in transmission it spikes one of my cpu threads to 100%.
Anyone else has that problem? Switched to Deluge for that reason.

Qbittorrent because it just werks

I don't have that, no. [On Gentoo with transmission-2.94 running in Firejail.]

Deluge was actually more problematic with IO and processing power usage when I last tried it.

tixati on my local machine. deluge on my media server.

it only happens if i limit the download and/or upload speed.

Yes, I have it limited. Doesn't happen here.

If you're also on Linux, check glances. Maybe it's detecting a lot of IOWAIT.

Tixati

I mean if torrent daemon is running on server. I know that transmission uses web client to connect to that daemon, desktop client can't connect to that remote daemon.

went back to ut. it's light as fuck. it's a fucking feather.
been using tixati, caching and memory pressure issues, unreasonable cpu load, ugly interface, and it's just bloated. in fact, all of those other clients on your pic, transmission, deluge, qbittorrent, are bloaty non-alternatives on windows. I'm afraid they're like that on linux too.

really? tixati uses like 10mb of ram and no cpu on idle for me, and still isn't heavy with a bunch of torrents running. and it's not adware; unlike ut

qbittorrent is using 0% cpu and 30 mb of ram in the background right now i checked.

You can even connect Vuze to the Transmisison daemon; the Transmisson RPC is implemented in a bunch of desktop clients.

I must have a total potato then
I had it around 70 MB with some downloads in it, but besides that it would also map files into memory. i don't get it's caching, it can't disable windows caching like ut does or what? had some issues with that, it's like high memory pressure or something
just staying on dht with nothing on was like a huge, audible deal for it

qbittorrent because yes

Thats not it. Thanks for your time regardless.

Qbittorent on desktop, transmission on my netbook, flud on android

rtorrent because it's fast as fuck

2.2.1 is the most powerful torrent client.

qBittorrent or BiglyBT.

Jow Forums hates qBitTorrent now? What's wrong with it?

S T A L L E D

uTorrent 2.2.1 if you actually torrent.
Anything else will work if you're a pleb. They'll all eventually download from most swarms, and the shitty interfaces don't really matter if you're not really using them.

uTorrent 2.2.1 simply has the best of all worlds for a desktop client. It has top tier performance, stability that ever other program in existence wishes it has, and an interface that every other client tries to copy, but none ever manages to equal.

Attached: Capture.png (1360x260, 16K)

rtorrent for headless use, deluge for everthing else.

Transmission on Linux, Deluge on Windows

Transmission

meme

uTorrent(mostly) & qbt

uTorrent 2.2.1 is able to find seeders and peers more quickly, deliver faster speeds than other clients, uses less ram, less prone to ram leakage than qbt. I know closed source thing but they're still the best

I use all of the above plus rtorrent.
qbitorrent is probably the best for general use though.

after discovering transmisson i don't use another torrent client

uTorrent is banned where I torrent from, but qbittorrent and transmission have been working just fine for me.

>if you actually torrent
if you just use public trackers*

deluge is literally only useful for racing, it sucks pretty hard otherwise

What shit tracker are you on? Nobody bans uTorrent 2.2.1.

I forget which one it was that banned it because I'm on like 10 different trackers. Just didn't want to fuck around with different clients so I just went with qbit which works on all of them.

>Jow Forums hates qBitTorrent now? What's wrong with it?
It crashes consistently if you either have a large amount of torrents open or a torrent with a very large amount of files (say a complete tv series or similar). It's a nice functional client when it works. My problem with it is that I would reach an amount of torrents where it would just crash after 10 or 15 minutes.

Attached: Untitled.png (227x165, 16K)

define large amount
I've never had it crash since I started using it like 2 years ago with around 1000 torrents.

Second one is PTP, last one probably PrivateHD, what are the other ones?

hello Jow Forums! hope you're having a great night.
i use rtorrent.

i still use utorrent 2.2.1

Why do I need any reason to ever upgrade? I only ever use magnet links and once I'm done downloading I don't seed, so I could care less about any other features.

qbittorrent master race

Post torrent stats.

>using a GUI Torrent client

qbittorrent

>hurr durr CLI

Attached: (You).png (403x448, 53K)

Deluge

What's the best CLI torrent client for linux?

Just type the file into the CLI manually.
Linux can run binary right from the command line, right?

wat?
transmission-daemon. Comfy lil background daemon with multiple frontends to control it.

rtoorent.

Why is transmission daemon so fucking slow

Attached: febc85f4.png (1392x1636, 547K)

anything qt fucks up when i use i3

Why are both of yours so slow?
uTorrent maxes my connection on the same torrent.

Attached: Untitled.png (1508x133, 14K)

rtorrent

Anyone not using transmission-gtk/qt is a bloatnigger

limewire

rtorrent

KTorrent

KYourself

My internet is 11mb/s max, that's what qb gets occasionally, transmission can't get over 1.5

qbittorrent. anyway, is transmission for windows still good?

*gets banned from private trackers*

also, it refuses to close when shutting down for some reason.

Well your average for qB was only 668kB/s. That's not exactly what I would call "working". Your average for Transmission was actually higher.
Mine averaged 16.8MB's on a 30MB/s connection, and being that was a small torrent and it takes a few seconds to get well and truly connected to the swarm, it's top-tier performance.
Both of your clients perform like shit.

Attached: Capture.png (1352x345, 23K)

I thought uTorrent had massive security vulnerabilities

If you're using 1.6.0. You can use 1.6.1 just fine, though.

transmission-daemon, because it's the only client with low memory use and a usable interface when seeding 50k+ torrents

Same here, but with 2.0.

transmission is the only good one in that pic

/thread

I genuinely wanted to like qBittorrent, but this is the sad truth. The only feature I miss while using uTorrent is sequential download. For everything else, no client I've tried even comes close.

Also, fuck private trackers. Little dictatorships locking up content and telling you what client you must use. Also, they tend to spawn the worst kind of smug elitists.

>I don't seed
>I could care less

Typical dumb person.

You can do sequential download on uTorrent. It's in a hidden menu.

Steps:

1) Goto Options > Preferences in uTorrent

2) Select Advanced Tab and set the value of bt.prio_first_last_piece to be 'true'

3) Set the value of bt.compact_allocation to be 'false'. In my uTorrent 2.2.1 this was 'false' by default.

4) Press okay to save changes

5) While holding shift+F2, click the Preferences button. (or while holding shift-F2, go to Options>Preferences without releasing shift+F2. Release shift+F2 after the preferences menu opens up. [if this doesn't work use ctrl+F2].

6) Set the value of bt.sequential_download and bt.sequential_files as 'true'. They are false by default.

Attached: Untitled.png (667x496, 19K)

Perv... I use a Oppai Loli like all respectable torrent pirates

Good to know. Thanks, user. You're a gentleman and a scholar.

uTorrent 2.2.1 seems to be the best for me
operations, stability, interface it's like the DC-3 of torrent clients old but the best

You may be legitimately retarded

Tried it all on the list.

>Transmission
Slightly bloated file size for very minimal features.

>Deluge
Crashes too often.

>qBtorrent
Current standard now for me.

>uTorrent
>2.2.1
Defacto standard for last few years but qTorrent has made it obsolete.
>anything over 2.2.1
NIGGA WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

killurself

Why does qBitTorrent keep stalling and refusing to try new trackers that I have added to the list?

Never had this problem with uTorrent for the exact same magnet links + tracker lists.

And yes I did remove the Ameripoor settings that are default in qBitTorrent

poor zoomers winfags needs validate their outdated software in every thread because they can't stand an new UI

Exactly the reason why I set up rtorrent.

I've tried running transmission, deluge and qbittorrent on my odroid (debian).
Transmission got 1.5 mb/s max;
Deluge got 2.5 mb/s max;
I've thought that there is something wrong with my odroid because I was getting max speeds my internet connection is capable of on my desktop with qbittorrent but have tried running qbittorrent on odroid anyway and... it works as expected.
I don't get why, are transmission and deluge defaults bad or is there something else, anyone else encountered something like this?

Attached: Screenshot 2018-12-22 at 18.34.37.png (1392x820, 297K)

Say the truth user
You know that qbitorrent is just werks