Why is Intel / Nvidia build considered a meme build?

Why is Intel / Nvidia build considered a meme build?

Also, post your speccy thread desu.

Attached: spess mareens lul.png (684x548, 43K)

It's considered a meme build since intel is only better at gaming than amd cpus. They also like to hold back the cores of their cpus

Personally I think the i5 4690 is okay since back then(assuming you got a i5 4690 back when it was new), amd still had bulldozer and it wasn't that great.

I also personally have a gtx 970 and i5 4690k and my rtx 2070 is arriving soon. I know it will bottlneck but I also plan to upgrade my cpu in a few months and I know I will see at least some performance gains for now.(it's gonna be ryzen)

Only /v/edditors perpetuate the hardware war bullshit.

Won this 4690 with the ram & mobo at a local competition 4 years ago. They did their job fantastically & will serve me for 1 more year until I just go full retard and drop upwards of 10,000 on a PC.

The GPU is shit, no doubt but at least it offers me the ability to game every now and then. Might also consider a 2070 or 2080. Don't know but might be too much.

I was mainly talking about your generic 9900K/2080 Ti build that triggers people into coming up with a shitload of arguments as to how "bad" this is and so forth. Because for example, if you'd only edit in Premier, 9900K would be a lot better than something like a 9980XE or a 2950X. Speed would be arguably doubled at times.

>I was mainly talking about your generic 9900K/2080 Ti build that triggers people into coming up with a shitload of arguments as to how "bad" this is and so forth. Because for example, if you'd only edit in Premier, 9900K would be a lot better than something like a 9980XE or a 2950X. Speed would be arguably doubled at times.

If someone had a 9900k and 2080 ti i wouldn't care about amd or intel, i would just look at it in awe and ask how much money you have.

also, imo gtx 1050 is not total shit, as imo it can really game even on newer titles(just expect something like high or even medium depending on the game, and not at 60). Probably beats ps4 but not as powerful as ps4 pro

AMD CPUs are better price to performance. Intel is the best for gaming, but AMD is good for gaming while being better at everything else.

NVIDIA is not too great at the $250 and below price range. The RX580 trades blows with the GTX1060 6GB while being cheaper.
The RX570 is better than the 1060 3GB while being cheaper. It also smokes the 1050ti while costing around the same.

thought I had a 7700k
fugg

Attached: Speccy'.png (780x578, 39K)

>Why is Intel / Nvidia build considered a meme build?
Because Jow Forums is backwards world. If it's for poor streetshitters, it's better.

You're on a B150 mobo.
Your DDR4 is also slower and has worse timings than my DDR3.

Attached: Untitled.png (775x570, 44K)

can you recommend a better motherboard for me?

>Home N
I'd rather have Windows 7 or 8 than that shit

I'm using a 2500k @ 4.6ghz and GTX 1060. It's definitely not a meme. This is a very capable machine for gaming without being expensive.

It's perfectly fine for a 7700. You just can't overclock with it so there isn't even a point to a 7700k on it.

Oh noes it doesn't have dual processor support. Whatever will I do on a single processor system?

Is my mother board bottlenecking my RAM?
I'm down to get a new motherboard, just want to make sure I can overclock and be a little future proof

Your motherboard probably has RAM speed adjustments, You may just not be running in XMP mode.

Run CPU-Z and post your RAM SPD tab. (mine's overclocked 1600)

Attached: Untitled.png (403x402, 18K)

wtf, my RAM should be running at 3200MHz

Attached: cpuz.png (402x408, 18K)

thanks for the help btw

should i upgrade my boomer pc or wait another year? i plan on going all out and dropping like $1600

Attached: boomer pc.png (831x466, 20K)

what hardware are you looking at?

It would show up as 1600Mhz in speccy, but yes.
Go into BIOS and enable XMP mode.
See your motherboard manual for more info. I don't really feel like looking it up for you.

thanks

9700k or 9900k
32GB ram @ 3600mhz or higher (dont try to convince me otherwise)
GPU undecided, maybe a 2070 or the next step down
970 pro, maybe 2 in raid
water cooling & fancy looking case

I figure this computer lasted me 6 years so if I upgrade on that basis then I may as well go all out. I want a nice computer after all.

The only thing I am truly proud of this card is the fact that I can play BF1 at above 60 fps with everything cranked down and it doesn't have quirks.

I mean... I barely have 1 or 2 "low fps" moments per game.

I really love this one.

Attached: untitled.jpg (719x554, 51K)

If you're the type who actually keeps his PC for longer than 3 years, then get the 9900K. It's a bit better future proof.

Your ram choice is alright. 3600 is a bit high, you can settle for 3200 just as well (won't see performance difference even in situations where it could play a role).

2070... hmm. I'd say go for a 2080 minimum. Again. Your "6 years plan" requires you get the better or actually best PC parts money can buy. And there's quite a large performance gap between 2070 and 2080. Also, get the one with the biggest warranty period.

>970 pro, maybe 2 in raid

A single 970 pro will do dandy fine. Always upgrade it's firmware to the latest to keep your performance top notch. If you want to raid something get HDDs. WD Blacks are the best choice imo. And in case you want storage that is SSD based & want raid, 860 PROs from Samsung are also a splendid choice. A friend has 4 860 PROs, superb speed.

>water cooling & fancy looking case

Eh. Fancy looking case, totally go for it. Water cooling? Pass. If you really are stuck on the water cooling decision, do yourself a favor and only look at AIOs, don't do it yourself.

Oh boi that's an old PC.

I got a nostalgia kick to the face the instant I laid my eyes upon that P4 & Maxtor storage... or the dreaded 256MB of RAM, holy shit.

The con to a top-tier graphics card is that it runs incredibly fucking hot. That plus I only game occasionally and at 1440p.

My 7970 runs hot as fuck and has graphical glitches all the time. Same with my friends 480. Theres just something about graphics cards being pushed to the limit that make them fuck up, so I figure a notch down or two would do just fine. Also no way in hell am I spending over $500 on a GPU. DESU even that was pushing it. I was thinking $350 beforehand

>raid

Check this out. I was thinking I would get a 1TB SSD, but instead I realized I could just get 2 512GB SSDs and put them in raid and theyd go twice as fast. Only costs a little more and you can get basically instant loads on anything. It would be the icing on the cake to a 'top tier' machine. I want boot to desktop in under 8 seconds

This, high end GPUs run hot, they sag because the card is huge, and it will become a potato as it gets older, my old single slot HD7750 was getting old but it was a slim cool running card.

Attached: IMG_0070.jpg (3024x4032, 2.42M)

Old qt card

Attached: IMG_0215.jpg (4032x3024, 2.31M)

Custom fan curve from day 0.

You aren't voiding warranty by installing afterburner and forcing the card to run it's fans as fast as you need them to run. My 1050 for example has the crappy 0db tech on it that stops the fans.

2 ram chips are covered by the heatsink, 2 hangout in the air. My card now sits at 25% speed permanently and only in games it reaches upwards of 50% fan speed. I want it to last longer. You can do the same so it's no biggie.

Yeah but the chance of failiure grows. And not only that, with how fast the 970 PRO or EVO are... it's kinda pointless. You aren't getting some amazing boost that will aid you in any way. Whatever software you're using will run just as quick so don't bother (take it from someone who had a handful of SSDs on his hand, I mean a lot). I was booting up in 10seconds with some crappy SX6000 and my 4690. Yes. Timed, not guessed. And the instant the desktop would pop, chrome could also work instantly. And the 970 PRO is centuries ahead of the SX6000 in every way possible.

Looks half decent apart from those psu cables.

God that looks so good. (gpu)

The XFX HD7750 is the only one like it in that single slot form, and the next time I clean the machine I'll cable manage it, I just wanted to git er done when I was building it and threw the cables in the case.

Attached: 20181110_204433.jpg (2576x1932, 1.66M)

My 7950 ran at about 70c in a full tower case, it was really a question of the exact card the airflow. I bought a gigabyte windforce simply because it had 3 fans on it.

But the 7900 series, ironically due to AMD sticking with GCN for xbone/ps4, is still a fully relevant card, and probably one of the better cards you could have bought. mini DP ports can be converted to full DP for modern 4k displays, and the 3g of vram that was "overkill" back then makes the card run things OK even today.

Attached: 7950.jpg (1000x725, 128K)

I think people overestimate the power of 1 970 pro. Its sequential read/write is really fast, but random read/write is still lacking for near instant loads. As for the lifespan, brand new NVMe SSDs last a looooong time. Ill replace it before it fails. Lastly, it costs less to by 2x512 instead of 1x1024tb and it only takes a minute to configure raid, so why not? its literally free performance. Its like dual channel vs single channel ram, a complete upgrade.

Attached: murasame 1screen v6.png (1186x801, 255K)

Shit. My buddy still has 2 Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon 7970 6GB variants in xfire. They're definitely still relevant, if not power hungry.
What threadripper? I currently own an R7-1700X and was considering the move up to TR and X399 because I encode a shit load of video. Notice any issues with gaming due to interconnect latency?

>What threadripper?
1950x
>I currently own an R7-1700X and was considering the move up to TR and X399 because I encode a shit load of video. Notice any issues with gaming due to interconnect latency?
the most gaming i do is play csgo, and i havent done that in months. it was smooth then. nowadays, all i play are chinese erotic powerpoints

It's amazing how relevant the 7970 still is, it has a high as fuck tdp but it slots right in between a 1050 and 1050ti and you can get it used cheap.

Yeah. You should wait if you want to jump from the 1700X.

Next gen Ryzen is due next months. Prices will stay competitive & performance will only go up.

The issue is that these chips were pushing 225~250w on stock voltage and frequencies. I tried putting mines in a 450w business i5-2400 refurb, and tripped the power supply safety overclocking the card. The cards can EASILY draw 300w on a light OC, 350w+ on heavy overclocks. And the core AND memory were so damn easy to overclock as well.

Ah OK. Thanks for the heads up.
He's kinda pissed that xfire is barely supported now though lol
Yeah I'm hoping to see the 16c32t threadripper on 7nm. If they can crank out a 32 thread chip with near 5GHz clocks, I'm sold.
I owned 2x R9-290X cards when they first launched. Flashed a LN2 BIOS with the voltage and temp safeties turned off. Managed to get 1400MHz on the cards on custom water cooler to the tune of roughly 460w per card.

At the time I was also running an AMD FX-9370 @ 5.5GHz. all in all the system with cpu and gpus at Max load was in the 1500w range.

I am scared to OC my 7970 with those dual 8 pins because it can go so high, it's impossible to kill a 7750 because it won't let crank the volts and the pcie slot only does 75w with the power level increased to 20%

>FX9000 Overclocked
You madman, my air cooling can't even do 4.6 because the FX 8 cores get super had past 1.44375v

5Ghz? Highly unlikely. I am sure it will hit higher ballpark of 4.5Ghz tho.

And the thing is, IPC improvement will undoubtedly put it ahead of Intel.

1500W max draw? Holy fucking shit. That is insane.

I can believe it, GCN cards can take a shit ton of power and so can the FX chips, the stock vcore of an FX9000 is 1.5375v.

Attached: memebuild.png (1045x792, 205K)

>CX750
>Not getting a lower wattage PSU of better quality

You can still undervolt. A 480 should draw less than a 7970 (I have a 480 in my 2nd PC and my BF has the 7970).

You only need good airflow. In my primary systems I have no problems cooling this beast with max OC. In my small HTPC build I had to undervolt the RX because it would throttle otherwise.
I have two 120mm fans on it, and he only has one casefan. It still stays around 70°. Really nice, because this 50 € card plays every game at least in medium details for him. Its better than a 1050 Ti, at least in terms of performance.

Attached: DSC_0115.jpg (3840x2160, 3.27M)

Nice monitor, but why do you use a 144 Hz monitor at 60 Hz? How does the DPI of a 1440p match the XB321?

Attached: snippy.jpg (2866x1091, 372K)

2950X already hits 4.4 / 4.5GHz

Singlecore, but I guess its possible for Zen 2 to reach 5 GHz. It will be singlethreaded for good bins like the 2700X hits 4.35 GHz now. Around 4.6-4.8 multithread compared to 4.1-4.2 MT for Zen+

Single core only. Set all the cores to that amount and the motherboard will just die.

Until we'll get to a point where efficiency is so god damn good, we'll be able to hit 5GHz on 20+ core configs... it's many years. Probably even 20.

>32gb ram
for what purpose

Only thing i've changed was added some more ram and an SSD

Attached: Capture.png (660x557, 40K)

The reliability of it may be questionable, but mine performs great, it's one 12v rail, it's not spiking the voltage like crazy,and it's well built enough to not kill my stuff if it does fail

Attached: speccy 4930K(1).png (2560x1440, 839K)

Based X79 poster.

Attached: speccy.jpg (660x525, 56K)

Attached: pls_no_bully.jpg (739x510, 76K)

Kill yourself weeb subhuman.

the absolute state of intelfags, blindly spending money not knowing what hardware they're getting

it's actually a little faster than a 1050ti in actual use

way less microstutter

This is part of the reason why I stopped using Speccy. It doesn't understand cards with greater than 4GB of vram and it totally misidentifies AMD temperatures.

All that being said, I am booted into my buntu 18.04 partition at the moment.

There is a reason why the pbg suggests using HWINFO or even cpuz

Attached: haha fuck speccy.png (851x462, 91K)

Attached: speccy.png (660x525, 42K)

Attached: spekih2019.jpg (692x564, 95K)

wait till intel has it's own GPUs. rip novidia

Based flagship GPU from over 6 years ago

Attached: Heres_Logan.jpg (500x780, 118K)

>is only better at gaming
Quicksync alone makes intel superior in production software.

mostly so I can leave a lot of shit open at a time and not have to close it. 20 chrome tabs, android studio, android emulator, and whatever else in the background. Currently pushing 16gb and its barely enough, so the next step up is 32

Waiting for Zen 2 3700X gang, assemble!

Attached: cpuz system.png (2182x559, 275K)

Windows server? Y?

Dreams. Intel aims at workloads anyways. So gaming wise, Nvidia will still wear the crown. However, judging by how much R&D goes into CUDA and Tensor RT... I don't think Intel will do much if at all.

You see... AMD has had a brilliant mind on their hands. Raja. They failed. They made some interesting cards as in, the Vega series but at the end of the day, they weren't fantastic or anything. In games that were optimized for, yeah vega was ok.

AMD's future top end card will at best compete with 1080 Ti. Intel's will most likely be a glorified 1070 in games with 1080 Ti DNA in workloads. By then, I expect next gen from Nvidia to drop.

Rummor has it that Nvidia's future 3070 will be as good as the 2080 Ti and the prices will be identical to the current RTX gen.

That's good. I know the feeling. People judge so fucking hard for no reason and all you want to do is be able to use your PC in the dumbest way possible and still see it work flawlessly with 0 issues.

This is the main reason I'm aiming at 32GB as well. Really really want to have PS/AE/PR opened simultaneously with projects opened on them simultaneously without me having to load & reload over and over chrome pages. Heck, if I'll have the budget, I'll aim directly at 64GB. Don't give shit.

There's that one autistic baby who is "muh morals". Hows your ok CPU with your mediocre GPU with mediocre drivers?

>reddit spacing
off yourself, didn't even bother reading your shit.

>told him off by calling him a morals baby

>hurr durr reddit spacing

I will only reply this way desu.

>DDR3-1333 with the timings of an 1866 kit
God that's painful, ASUS are assholes for not using 1866 at or at least 1600.

>not even the right person
I was the one you sent the giant fucking wall of text with reddit spacing at.

CPU is great, even more so considering I got it way before 8th Gen released for cheap.
GPU is great, got it for cheap as well, drivers are awesome btw, had zero problems.
Seethe and cope harder kike.

Speccy is a complete clusterfuck when it comes to reporting hardware.

Attached: screenshot_17.png (479x486, 361K)

I'm going to run this for at least 3 more years (minimum), how fucked am I?

Attached: 234324234.png (812x434, 35K)

I hope you hate games. Because that PC will not run games next year, much less in another 2 years.

I'm sticking with a chip that has sub core 2 ipc, you'll be fine, also the i7 4770K locked sku is a really nice chip on H81.

Attached: Untitled.png (414x412, 39K)

boring I know, but I am kinda getting in to this anti capitalist thing lately so I will have to settle... (((never settle))) huh

Attached: speccy.png (825x635, 76K)

>4770K locked sku
I mean the i7 4770.

That's actually really nice for a prebuilt.

>sub core 2 ipc

Anyone that bought an FX for single core performance deserves it desu.

I bought it for a budget rendering workstation and I love the thing, Just saying that an H81 board owner can still go for quite a few years.

I think there is a certain charm to good prebuilds, they are often stripped down in terms of aesticccs and unnecessary headroom, which satisfies me.

>If someone had a 9900k and 2080 ti i wouldn't care about amd or intel, i would just look at it in awe and ask how much money you have.

You can do a full nice 9900k and 2080ti build for $3k, and that's assuming you have no components already. If you keep that system for 24 months, the cost only comes out to $125/month, which even for a lower paying job isn't that bad. If you're savvy and already have some components, you could get that closer to $2k.

I'll probably try to build a new PC if things get really bad like says. Hopefully I can bring over the GPU for some time.

Water is not future proof. Requires maintenance. Water evaporates (in 6 years may be noticeable).

>Hopefully I can bring over the GPU for some time.
You got it backwards. It's exactly the GPU that will be obsolete by then, not your CPU.

Ultimate comfy setup.

All those seagate drives, why?

Attached: Seagate.jpg (400x400, 114K)

>tfw seagate drive from 2009 is still going with 37 bad sectors

i have a western digital from 2005 and it's still very fine

speccy can't properly read RAM specs from ASUS boars

>2GB 1050
why even HAVE a dedicated graphics card at this point

This, may as well get a 7970 for less money and has a bigger 384 bit bus.

>Might also consider a 2070 or 2080. Don't know but might be too much.
If you aren't buying a 2080ti just buy AMD

Attached: 1545530085394.png (933x2222, 333K)