Download an album

>Download an album
>It's MP3
Jesus fucking christ is it 1998 or 2018?

Attached: 1519633966559.png (464x452, 187K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xTfNMgrcnZU
hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,89408.msg919705.html#msg919705
nyaa.si/view/38636
youtube.com/watch?v=evypdgY6KpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wc1nCsa6fL0
youtube.com/watch?v=bMZGo3p4ojs
youtu.be/lk8nsvyEDvY?t=814
youtube.com/watch?v=1gaEQtiq3Mk
angrymetalguy.com/fallujah-the-flesh-prevails-prevails-review-of-the-dr10-master/
youtube.com/watch?v=B-0Hx1PttrI
youtube.com/watch?v=8E13E06LhzA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Upload an album
>It's just upsized mp3s renamed as flac
>mfw people eat it up

Attached: 1544630145415.jpg (320x320, 48K)

>Download FLAC
>Script automatically runs a neural network to analyze the files
>Automatically deletes album for being MP3

Attached: 1538955834952.png (374x374, 137K)

>Upload FLAC
>Script automatically runs a neural network to counter yours
>Automatically install keylogger to sabotage further counter measures

nigga you don't need a neural network for that

>Countering a neural network you don't have access to
Pleb.

You do. There are people who LITERALLY transcode lossy audio to FLAC just to piss people off.

>download mp3
>convert to flac
>upload high quality lossless music
I need to keep the my ratio high guys

Attached: uJJjsJ8.jpg (600x600, 56K)

And they also add noise up to the 20kHz range to make eyeing the spectrograph difficult or impossible without already having a "pure" version to compare it to.

You've just given me a great idea

>download an album.
>it's one big mp3 file.
>download anime with FLAC audio
>it's AAC

Attached: 47155.png (600x600, 353K)

>you don't have access to
Your house has another door

Attached: 1464100550755.jpg (150x150, 5K)

Could be worse, at least the format is patent free now. Better off than M4A

If you idea is anything other than "Training a neural network to detect fake FLACs from real FLACs" then it's a bad idea and you need to stop.

Attached: 1514064277426.png (288x292, 84K)

>look for a vinyl rip of an album because the CD master is a distorted, constantly clipping loudness war casualty
>it's in FLAC
>24/192
>takes goddamn forever to download as free user from a shitty hosting site
>downsample to 16/44.1 and convert to MP3 immediately after download finishes
>zero fucks given
>none

It's [current] year and I simply can't comprehend why some people upload their vinyl rips (which are great, no question about that - thanks to whoever does those!) in any sort of "hi-res" format. Sure, no harm in doing the ripping and editing in hi-res, but for fuck's sake, upload the final files in 16/44.1 FLAC.

Attached: 996.jpg (800x450, 51K)

.m4a is the best format

Attached: image.jpg (800x987, 310K)

>Download random shit without knowing what it is

what a fat fuck

Chubby girls are cute

>look for a vinyl rip of an album because the CD master is a distorted
That's usually not the case though. CDs are more than capable of perfectly reproducing vinyl audio, right down to the pops and clicks.
In some cases albums had to be remastered for the CD, but in many cases the master used to cut the vinyl master was already on tape. Labels do not directly master to a vinyl master, because vinyl masters can only produce so many vinyls.

youtube.com/watch?v=xTfNMgrcnZU

I'm trying to get the Lucky Star music collection without having to get a RED account.

>pirating
>caring about patents

That's why you convert your FLACs (keep them for archival purposes) to Opus, the one true lossy format.
>inb4 48kHz

Attached: animeat.jpg (1920x1080, 253K)

if you can't hear right away if it's lossy or not than what's the point in autistically download lossless audio only if it only makes sense in comparison?

>Download an album
>It's .exe

Adding noise doesn't work unless you listen to music which is noise. It's pretty easy to tell actual music from random noise on a spectrograph.

Attached: spec.jpg (1909x304, 154K)

>download an album
>it's a fucking cue
>have to spend 10 minutes fucking rendering it out to individual flacs on the phone with flacCueSplitter

Because you and you only can tell the difference between mp3 320kbps and flac. fuck off retard

That's not necessairly true.
hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,89408.msg919705.html#msg919705

Unless you already have the FLAC to compare it to, you're not going to be able to eye a difference like pic related just by looking at the bottom image alone.

Attached: 1532151277186.png (642x1210, 945K)

Based AND redpilled

Is it this?

Attached: Capture.png (1117x190, 15K)

Is that Tokyo Tosho?
Thanks for reminding me to check Nyaa though.
nyaa.si/view/38636

>Not wanting to blow obscene amounts of money on music means you can't care about supporting free and open standards

Everyone should care about patents and support free software, pirate or not.

I can't read Chinese.

Attached: Capture.png (937x825, 85K)

>That's usually not the case though
Exactly! There's the occasional pleasant exception to the sadly common habit of record labels basing the CD/digital and vinyl on the exact same masters. And it truly sucks balls if it's one of those cases where the one single released master is a distorted, brickwalled mess. .

Examples of the pleasant exceptions:
White Stripes - Icky Thump
youtube.com/watch?v=evypdgY6KpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wc1nCsa6fL0
Far from optimal sound quality on that second one, but you get the idea. Very different master on the vinyl, done by Steve Hoffmann.

Electric Wizard - Self-Titled
youtube.com/watch?v=bMZGo3p4ojs
youtu.be/lk8nsvyEDvY?t=814
Granted, non-remastered CD(?) seems to be quite okay
youtube.com/watch?v=1gaEQtiq3Mk

Fallujah - The Flesh Prevails
Can't find vinyl rips on Youtube at the moment, but it's significantly less crushed (or least it's smoother and less harsh sounding) than the CD that's sadly crushed down to miserable DR3.
I seriously hope the DR10 master sees a release someday soon.
angrymetalguy.com/fallujah-the-flesh-prevails-prevails-review-of-the-dr10-master/

Black Sabbath - 13
youtube.com/watch?v=B-0Hx1PttrI
youtube.com/watch?v=8E13E06LhzA

And an extra shout-out to Iced Earth for having some of the best bonus material ever on their Plagues Of Babylon album! The bonus DVD on the limited edition has not one, but two alternate, more dynamic masters of the album.

>too blinded by his identity in a ridiculous philosophy to see the hypocrisy
If you really cared you'd only consume public domain content.

Well you're doing everything right then. Sorry for assuming you knew less than you actually do.

Attached: 1538180891772.jpg (344x536, 48K)

I just write python scripts to download and convert youtube videos for the songs

IIRC itunes still doesn't support OGG or FLAC. Leave it to appleplebs to hold everyone back.

AAC and ALAC exist.

>convert flac to mp3
>convert mp3 to flac again
>run aural exciter
>people will blindly eat up

>keep trying to download one album
>it gets deleted every time
>turns out that the artist was the one who used MP3 samples on his song

There are no faces

>not opus

>Buy from Bandcamp
>Download in FLAC
>It's actually just transcoded MP3
>Artist gave Bandcamp his music in MP3
>The only way to get his music without double lossy compression is by listening to the transcoded FLACs

Attached: 1514601891298.jpg (184x184, 19K)

It's 1998; Didn't anyone tell you?

No prob. Yeah, I'm only going after vinyl rips when it's certain there's an actual difference for the better in those. If not, digital is perfectly fine for me, even though I certainly see the appeal of vinyl as a physical format.

I fucking hate this. Especially when the artist sells just the album and you can't pay for single tracks. Makes me feel more burned i paid the price of an album for a track or two

Is there a Source -> FLAC difference?

To produce a spectrogram you must decode, and therefore inevitably decompress the FLAC into a PCM stream, which is what most WAV files contain.

>neural network
stop this meme

>Implying AI isn't the best way to tell fake FLAC from real FLAC

>buying expensive headphones to hear audio compression artifacts
>thinks he can hear difference between 320kb/s and WAV
>buys oxygen free gold cables

I'm betting when quantum mechanics becomes more of a factor in consumer electronics, audiofags will claim that if all the electrons don't have the proper spin they'll be able to tell

So is opus a meme? Should I be getting my music in FLAC and converting it?

That's not about adding noise, and the guys says most of his music has already been lowpassed to 20kHz.

It's super easy to see any freq cutoff below 22.05kHz, and you can't restore it by adding noise.

You should always be getting your music in FLAC regardless of what lossy format is the best.

Should I then convert it opus?

Yes. Use opus in an OGG Vorbis container to play it on your phone.

I do that for my portable hardrive, performance is amazing at 64kbps, but at higher bitrates performance is similar for every codec (it seems).
I use flac to listen at home 64kbps opus for portability

Wait is 64kbps Vorbis really that good? Man I haven't paid attention to converting my music from FLAC and that sounds great

>upload an album
>it's MP3 that I converted to FLAC

Attached: devilish.jpg (470x595, 44K)

check the format before you download it then dumb nigga

no, vorbis and opus are different codecs, opus is really that good, vorbis not really.

There are some noticeable differences of 64kbps opus from flac if I do some serious listening, but not really noticeable under casual listening conditions

*Your millage may vary

That's what I meant, I'll give it a shot

you beat me too it

Attached: 1301558176467.jpg (251x251, 34K)

>train neural network to generate transcodes that get past your neural network to detect transcodes
get fucked

>Training your neural network to counter a neural network you have no access to
lmao the machine running the neural network is airgapped with no mic. Good luck.

Attached: 1524533622634.png (512x512, 292K)

>be turbofag audiophile
>5tb worth of music
>100 or so albums

In my opinion, I think it's because of the uncertainty and margins of error with humans, their brains, and their variations of perception when it comes to senses that the strive for perfection on the hardware and software becomes important so that it's minimized. Not like I'd spend more than $70 on cans. I'm poor. But perfection should be strived for where possible (when there's real science and engineering behind it and not just money-hungry snake oil)

>AI
Uh oh.

Just get what you can in .flac for archive purposes and convert to mp3 320kbps yourself. Ignore what anyone else says, theyre mentally ill

CDs have a size limit of 700MB and they are in uncompressed lossless. Normally 5TBs would be at least 7,000 CDs if uncompressed. Average size of an album converted to flac is two hundred odd MBs though.
Where do you find those hundred disk albums?

iPhones can play FLAC now with the native Files app so it's fucking bizarre that iTunes/Apple Music still doesn't support it. I honestly just think whoever is making the decisions over at iTunes hasn't shown up to work in years and no one's noticed. I'm just listening to a podcast on iTunes while I work and iTunes is using 2.3GB of RAM in the background just because of how fucking bloated it is. How hard can it be to just split it up into individual applications? Music. Podcasts. Movies/TV Shows. They've done it on iOS and it's great. Why not do it on the Mac as well?

> Downloading music

Transcoding from lossless won't introduce artifacts, so it's future proof. That's why most people download lossless.

5tb of FLAC would be like 8000 albums dude, probably more

Sauce

Cue splitter exists on pc you know

Whenever the rare occurrence comes around that I actually buy an album as MP3 or pirate one, the files are usually 320kbps. What's the problem with that?
I prefer to buy CDs, rip them as FLAC and then convert them to MP3's with high variable bitrate though.

Attached: 1542906409640.jpg (240x219, 16K)

>he doesn't check the quantum spin of his power cable

This is like saying "unless you have a photo of your house without all the holes in the walls, you won't know what it looked like before-hand!".

It's not that hard to fill in the gaps as to what something SHOULD be, just think with your brain.

>download a flac album
>convert to mp3
>upload else where

Attached: 1525640641421.png (785x757, 632K)

This is like the 10th time this was posted in this thread

m4a's a container that can contain mp3 audio.

In this thread and in every other flac music thread, it all so tiresome.

Wait this actually happens? Seriously?

>Whenever the rare occurrence comes around that I actually buy an album as MP3 or pirate one, the files are usually 320kbps. What's the problem with that?
/thread

Depends on what you are asking about?

There are tools to check if a FLAC file was upscaled, you know.

Why do people even use fucking MP3 when there's AAC?

>neural network

Attached: 1517287176345.png (213x237, 8K)

>Tried the Philips Golden Ears Challenge with $300, $600 and $900 headphones
>Couldn't hear the difference between a 128kbps .mp3 and anything better

Whatever. Most of my music listening is done during a noisy commute anyway.

Attached: laird.gif (500x500, 223K)

Why would you need a script for that? You can tell youtube-dl directly to extract (and convert) the audio.

All devices play mp3, not all devices play aac

You don't even seem to know the difference between format and bitrate so your opinion is pretty worthless

Nitpick all you want. It doesn't change the fact that it's physically nigh-impossible to notice the difference between lossy-but-reasonable and lossless audio. Especially once you get past your teenage years and the highest pitch you hear starts to go below 20 kHz.

>Most of my music listening is done during a noisy commute anyway.
opus is the same quality as mp3 at around half the file size

>find music on SoundCloud and Youtube
>download via youtube-dl as flacs

Attached: 1530179613544.jpg (419x396, 46K)

>Find music on YouTube
>Download as 192kbps mp3 using online converter
>Convert to 320kbps mp3 to increase quality