VA panels for gaming with a claimed 4ms

yaee or naee

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

skinflint.co.uk/?cat=monlcd19wide&xf=11955_TN~11963_144~11992_Adaptive Sync/AMD FreeSync~13263_25601440
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We also have IPS panels with actual 5ms latency.
Plus a 144Hz IPS panel is still going to be better than a 60Hz VA.

>We also have IPS panels with actual 5ms latency.
I don't want to start a flame war but I just returned my first ever IPS panel after having TN panels for about 15 years. BLB, glow, shit colour consistency across the screen, yellowish tint, literally no blacks. Especially the glow hurt my eyes bad. So it's either back to TN or I will venture into VAs. I'm thinking a cheap one like the benq ew277hdr to get a taste.

So, anyone have VA gaming experiences ? Is the ghosting on the more recent panels an exaggeration ?

don't exist the best ones are like 8-9ms at the top of the screen at 10-15ms at the crosshair and they are like the very very very best.

they all claim "1ms" thou but thats a fake test.

LCD will never get faster than like 10ms in center of screen. might reach 7ms at top with a 500-1000hz panel or some thing.

>buying monitors

Attached: Reaction image.png (1920x1077, 3.84M)

VA is the only good modern panel type, i also fucking despise the backlight bleed and glow that every ips panel exhibits. I am currently using a va panel and I have no complaints.

>have a phillips 27inch 144hz monitor with ulmb. the ulmb is crazy awesome.

microled > oled > va > ips > crt > shit > tn

Man I really want BenQ to release the EW277 without the bullshit HDR and 144hz Freesync

>VA monitors
>modern
They're almost all based on 2012 tech. Nothing at all like TVs, which actually use modern VA

what?
you rent one?

Overwatch looks glorious on a VA. The colors are jaw dropping.

Isn't there tearing? I'd prefer G-Sync.

>VA
>good
Yeah nah. They all suffer from black crush, gamma shift, and smearing to one degree or another. Maybe you don't mind that, but let's not pretend VA is any better. You're just trading one set of image quality defects for another.

>LCD in 2018
Yikes!

dumpster diving

micro burn in > burn in
based, enjoy changing your monitor every 2 years

fuck you faggots, i have a crt i paid $50 for that will shit on any lcd you have.

sony trinitron g520 suck my balls gaymer fags.

Attached: c0bwmo.jpg (480x480, 15K)

Response times do not matter. Don't fall into the pcmasterrace myths.

Response time is measured as how long a single pixel takes to change from one shade of grey to another shade of grey. In practical applications, when pixels aren't always changing just shades, the response time is much, much longer.

Also, manufacturers don't bother to measure response times correctly because they know the same people who think response times defines whether a good monitor or not also think that manufacturers actually take the time and precisely measure the number of milliseconds it takes for one pixel to change from one shade of grey to another shade of grey.

Thoughts? Is the 125% srgb just gay oversaturated shit or is it actually a good monitor?

Attached: CFG73.jpg (1500x1500, 149K)

>i like old tech for no reason, even if its worse than new tech!
really tired of this Jow Forums episode

its an awful monitor with loads of problems

I've only heard of the purple artifacting that most people have said was fixed with this newer model. What else?

subpixel position is shit on it, purple and/or green overshoot, has dead pixel issues so if you dont buy from a store you have to play the long waiting game for monitor lottery

Pretty sure subpixel positioning is garbo on all VA, am I wrong?

>VA Panels

Just another way to sell slightly upgraded TN panels for top dollar

its only partially shitty on VA monitors, but its really shitty on curved VA monitors (source, have owned 2 curved VA monitors) and sadly the flat version of that monitor is TN, but the subpixel position might not bother you

If you hate yourself sure get VA
If not then avoid it.
As simple as that.

It's a monitor for media / gaymen. I'll order one and if it's shit I'll just refund it and find something else

Explain what's so bad about VA, nigger.

Someone has already done it instead And those are much worse than defects IPS has. Heck I would even chose TN over VA, at least TN is actually fast.

But none of those are true.

So you don't actually know what the fuck you're talking about. Nice.

I understand apple shilling, but what is the point in shilling VA? Who pays for it?

Philips mainly

Ips is renowned for shit blacks I have to up the brightness in every game even with a 300nit panel at Max to grt anything
Had tn before it Tbqh panel tech is shit I'm waiting for oled

I have a Samsung 4K VA panel.
Never noticed the ghosting in games that was claimed or the high latency (Also claimed 4ms but I'm aware that this is not grey to grey or whatever)

Just get in unless you are a turbo esports gamer. I do pretty well in fps games still with it.

I got this one

What is the best panel type if all I play is single player RPGs, some MMOs, RTS, and Skyrim at 1440p?
I like colors and want good blacks

OLED looks the best

I'd go VA. The blacks are exquisite. It makes the colors just pop.

I had the Ew277HDR, absolutely fantastic but I moved and it became "too big", so I switched to a 24 inch IPS, but miss that VA a lot

here's the thing. normally I wouldn't really care, the IPS i have and I returned had a 6ms response time and it was fine. the problem is that VA supposedly have a particular weakness to changing dark/grey shades, and I really want to go through my annual Bloodborne walkthrough. It's a dark game, so it's going to be fucking amazing due to the VA blacks or shit due to the response time in dark shades.

>its only partially shitty on VA monitors,
I thought it's fine on non curved ones, am I wrong ? will I see text display worse than on TN ?

>I had the Ew277HDR,
how was text on it ?

Attached: e16205f6b73d1df3d518052ebd3d3cad34ec5286v2_hq.jpg (553x1024, 60K)

fucking where? No grocery store is going to be throwing away monitors, or at least one above 480p

CRT's are factually better for gaming than any modern display.

So what should I get if I want nice 144hz without ghosting?
Mostly for CS:GO

TN -> working perfectly for that but shit color at slight angles
IPS -> too slow
VA -> probably too slow too

I currently have an Asus PA238Q with an IPS panel as main monitor and I want a second one for faster gaming.
A good TN panel with144hz (maybe WQHD) and freesync would be my choice since I still have my IPS panel as main monitor.

It's "burn out" actually

A friend just ordered that one for 280 EUR
How fucked is he ???

VA is shit for high framerates. horrific ghosting smears to shit.

IPS is the best compromise, but you'll have to return half a dozen before finding a good panel.

It was great really, it's a patrician monitor, 0 flaws. (I now gave it to my father actually, and bought a 4k monitor)

Just noticed the pic. I can tell you that getting to the Nightmare and seeing the brain light up at the top of the tower was absolutely fantastic on the EW277HDR, the blacks are insane

>144hz without ghosting
TN. There is just no alternative yet.

Yeah that's what I thought after some intense research.
Since I sit right in front of the monitor a TN panel shouldn't be an issue.

thanks

So right now I at:
WQHD
144hz
FreeSync
TN panel
most likely in 24"

here a list of monitors (uk version so it is in english)
skinflint.co.uk/?cat=monlcd19wide&xf=11955_TN~11963_144~11992_Adaptive Sync/AMD FreeSync~13263_25601440

Does anyone have a recommendation?

>WQHD
>most likely in 24"
Kinda small for WQHD

My issue is, that I don't have the place for 27" at my current desk
I don't want to sit so close to the screen.
24" is already very close.

I bought it 2 months ago, cheap and REALLY REALLY good, the purple artifact is fixed in the newer ones, I don't have the problem. The curvature is nice.
I really recommend it.
The shitter that is telling you it's bad just had a really bad luck. The only problem I heard about it was that the yellow colors don't look good but I actually can't see the problem. It was my best friend who told me that.

Dont listen to the high res needs big size crowd. I have a 4k 24 inch monitor and it's great (24ud58-p)

less anti-aliasing needed and smoother corner.
I am not sure how the OS will handle it though.

>I have a 4k 24 inch monitor and it's great
With 200% scaling?

Attached: Smile.jpg (600x600, 94K)

I use 100% except when reading, during which I use 150%, I'm not an eyelet

fuaaaark, I seriously had settled on buying a TN and now you made me reconsider.

Attached: ede8b396ea48dc5c6d3e752a909d456f.jpg (771x1080, 182K)

I remember when I got the monitor, I had just arrived at the Forbidden Woods, and my friend who lent me Bloodborne came over to see the monitor. I still hadn't messed with it and he asked why everything was so damn bright. Turns out the game was with brightness at 9 for some reason. I adjusted and everything changed. The darkness became full and the lamps spread around the woods became warm. I miss that monitor. Certain zones in Destiny 2 are surreal, and arriving at the Boreal Valley in DS3 was a great experience. Also, the HDR might now be ""real"" HDR, but on Horizon Zero Dawn I spent 10min moving the camera near a lake, watching the sun shining and setting. The monitor does PS4 HDR really well. PC HDR I could live without it

I meant "not" real HDR, not "now"