4.4 KitKat 7.6%
5.0 Lollipop 3.5%
5.1 14.4%
6.0 Marshmallow 21.3%
7.0 Nougat 18.1%
7.1 10.1%
8.0 Oreo 14.0%
8.1 7.5%

Attached: 1533847977092.png (254x257, 16K)

Not really within normie's control given how software updates depend on carriers and manufacturers who abandon devices at will.
I'd still be on KitKat without Lineage 15.1.

Attached: 1543792705289.jpg (750x1000, 123K)

>distribution of Gingerbread is still higher than Pie.
btw is this december 2018?

October

KitKat is the last good version though :(

'Kat master race reporting in!

tfw Pie

How come wangblows works on a whole range of hardware types (with drivers) but Android needs to be specifically tweaked for each model phone?

>Pie
More like Pai...
Those fucking streetshitters, amirite bois?

This bugs me as well. Why can't we have a generic image for every device, with drivers for every sensors/socs in the kernel?

Fuck lollipoplets. Such a fucking pain in the ass to develop an app for both pre and post lollipop devices.

Attached: 345.png (182x24, 920)

Blame OEMs with their shitty OS customizations that doesn't work on newer versions of android so they have to rewrite that shit manually for new versions and that's why they don't do that.

Everything after 5.0 is the same shit, who cares.

I really like 8.1; looks and feels sleek and fast.
Being able to swipe down anywhere on the homescreen for notifications and up for apps is comfy too.
I also like how Lineage removes the bloody Google bar on the homescreen, it used to drive me insane.

blame ARM

Marshmallow was peak Android

>streetshitting OS
found your problem

more like jewcomm

>Being able to swipe down anywhere on the homescreen for notifications and up for apps is comfy too.
I might be wrong but didn't samsung do this first with some homescreen option?

target API 23, who gives a shit about broke pajeets

Not sure, I'm allergic to TouchWiz so I've never used it

targetSdkVersion is a different thing, user. You always want to target the latest version of the sdk.

Because of planned obsolescence. Ask yourself: Where would the industry be if normies stopped buying new devices every year or so?

>Buying non-Google devices
kys gookfuckers

In a perfect, where you can download any android version and easily (for normies) install it on your phone, large spread of the userbase between versions would just mean that the previous versions are so good that it isn't worth the effort to go through the upgrade process.
But this is not a perfect world.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 10K)

>Dalvik
>constant crashes
>apps with inconsistent UI that ranged from 2.x whatever it was called to holo
>terrible RAM management, constant app killing even on S3
lmao, no it wasn't.

On Oreo 8.1 now, latest security patch is november. Feels good
Miss KK thou, so fast, so simple

usually updating android means buying a new phone

Most launchers have that feature and a lot of default skins dont (LG for example).
You know you can just disable Google and get rid of that bar, the assistant and gain some performance/battery life, dont you?

I literally had none of those issues on 4.4 when running it on a S3.
Guessing you were running TouchJizz?

>even on S3
What do you mean by "even", Samsung phones has always had atrocious memory management that STILL hasn't been fixed.

this and probably nougat or marshmallow - last good versions.

i actually liked it when there were custom uis. now its all same ugly boring shit.

Is LineageOS possible on Huawei Mediapad M2 10 Premium Edition? I bought that a long time ago but Android stopped updating a while ago as well. It's a perfect device otherwise, I don't need a newer one. I don't REALLY need a newer Android either but apps might start requiring newer in the future. It has Android 5.1.1.

There is no real standard architecture for arm phones as there is a PC
Even before getting into windows the entire industry decided that a certain IBM PC would be the standard architecture to develop software for and so everyone made PCs with an x86 CPU with various peripherals in certain places as to replicate the IBM PC
Over time more and more different hardware became available so Microsoft started to make device drivers a thing as to make sure Windows could work with all available hardware and allowed software developers to not have to write software for every piece of hardware they intend to support

DELET

Attached: 6E8EAF17-BDCE-4624-AB36-35098F25D812.jpg (2048x2048, 394K)