/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>Previous thread

Attached: yande.re 219293 animal_ears bunny_ears gwave headphones nimura_yuuji seifuku thighhighs.png (1623x1376, 1.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
redscapeaudio.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

gonna pull the trigger on SUTAKUSU tomorrow lads. wish me luck.

Nth for HD58X are almost endgame worthy.

$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

LOL, Stax shitphones are literally audiophool garbage

Attached: 1545454679875[1].jpg (745x480, 42K)

why is this general so useless

Stax incels on suicide watch

because of posters sapphire

OL Switcher arrived, engraving ended up better than expected

Attached: Switcher.jpg (4160x3120, 2.09M)

Another one bites the dust

i wonder what the employee at JDS was thinking as he engraved your gay anime image

He's probably used to seeing weeb shit at this point

QUICK

Name some good songs.

wtf wasn't that the same image for hpg yesterday? and her feet are cut off :(

the shaggs - my pal foot foot

the big toe is too lewd so it had too be censored

>OL
>not an office lady engraved

>Objective Line
>Objectively best girl engraved

Buy speakers for this kind of money.

/ag/ died for a reason

My Superlux headphones died, and instead of buying a soldering kit I just sucked it up and bought a DAC/Amp and a pair of DT990s. Dac/amp is FX-Audio Dac-x6, DT990s aren't here yet. Did I do good for €180?

Attached: file.png (1737x977, 1.84M)

For me, it's the HD600, the world's best headphone, objectively speaking.

>For me, it's nigger dick, the world's biggest cock, objectively speaking.
What did he mean by this?

Objectively mad, kiddo.

>Nigger dick, kiddo.
??? I don't understand.

Think of it like electric motors and generators. Generators are merely electric motors doing the opposite operation. The dynamic coils in headphones and microphones both have the same working principle, only in the opposite operation, microphones are just A LOT more sensitive.

I dont think ive ever been excited to use headphones before. These custom one pro plus’ are amazing.

are you going to put velour earpads on them?

morning yall had a good time lastnight

Attached: JPEG_20181221_230741.jpg (976x2016, 519K)

That is because people who bought speakers usually are content for five-ten years with their purchase so nothing really happening there. No matter how much money you throw into headphones it will not avoid their inherent flaws and never satisfied enough (just look at all these people with shitton of headphones). Throw enough money into speakers and you are satisfied for a long time.

wait till you get actual headphones and not budget-fi crap

REMINDER HEADPHONE CAUSES EAR CANCER AND MAKE YOU LOOK BAD

Maybe. From what i’ve heard, velour pads dont compliment bass.
I just really like the adjustable bass. Its unique and great

first for stax

Attached: Saran_Wrap_02.jpg (1200x800, 112K)

is she /csg/

>adjustable bass
based nigfi shitphones

Meh, user is like 50 bucks away from diminishing returns territory.
After that it will be 500 bucks to hear something somewhat better.

>stax
Objectively garbage

HD660S or DT1990 ?
Topping D50+ Atom chan combo

Mudflat nobass
vs
Treble the headphones

the obvious answer is stax

But stax sound like shit

But wh*te dick tastes like shit

The treble rape is a meme, I'm enjoying mine a lot and you can EQ them into mudcannons if you want to.

nigger dick

How does a series hybrid amp setup work exactly? As I understand it you have to use the tube amp as the pre-amp with the rear output, and then feed it into a solid state amp? Can you use any tube amp's rear output? Can you use any solid state amp's rear input, or are there some that are designed to take pre-amped signals and some that aren't? Is it correct that you'll BTFO your tubes if you do the setup the other way around?

Schiit made a new USB driver for their dacs and it sounds amazeballs.

Attached: 0817FFED-91C4-40E3-BB73-1B06BB9C598C.jpg (1536x1967, 1.63M)

fuck usb and fuck schiit and their backdoored drivers that glow in the dark

Is there anything better than the Superlux HD-681 in the same price range?

I bought my pair after my AKG K240 MKII broke (one of the earcups went dead after a few years) and was pretty impressed by them, but now my Superlux HD-681 have broken as well (exact same problem but in a shorter timespan).

I noticed there's a new, seemingly closed-back model of the HD-681 called the HD-681 Evo BK, sold at about 150% the price of the original model. Are they any good, or can I do better?

Attached: 1542056261334.jpg (905x983, 157K)

big if true desu

Is this some special kind of humor or what? I really don't get it.

Extra info:
My country is the UK.
My budget is preferably no higher than £35 (~$44), though ideally under £30 (~$38).
Don't have an amp or anything and don't want to buy one. They will just be plugged straight into my PC.
Would prefer closed or semi-closed. There's often a lot of noise in my house so fully open wouldn't be a good idea.
Comfort is a priority since I'll be wearing them for long periods of time.

I'm sure schiit's biggest audio fools all believe this without question

Need a headphone amp (no DAC). Ideally something with at least two line inputs. Any recommendations (sorry for posting about this again)?

the feets are cut off and my rage is INFINITE

Attached: ragepep.jpg (665x662, 28K)

Does this work with the Fulla 2? That one doesn't require drivers.

fuck you for making me download the gwave albums

the guy that do laser engravings at jds is probably questioning his life decisions after all your weebs commissions

it looks like she's shitting herself lol

The big toe is the sexiest part.

Alright. So I have settled on Focal Utopia for my headphones, Liquid Platnium for my amp, and Yggdrasil for my DAC.

I am in LOVE with the sound. However, I feel like the AMP is holding things back. What should I try that pairs well with Ygg and Utopia?

lmao I know this is a larp but what's the point of amping the utopia if it clicks

>Yggdrasil for my DAC
why the fuck did you buy a $2000 dac?

help with this?

I think the HD 599 sound stage is smaller than the HD 598. It might be fine for you. You don't need an amp for those. If you hear hissing/distorted sounds from headphones when plugging them in you might need a DAC. I think windows has virtual surround sound in the sounds options and you can test that to see if you like it more or not.

redscapeaudio.com/

No larp, bro.

I'm happy with it but feel it can be better.

post pictures of your setup with a timestamp because it's rare we get someone of your calibre here

Looked around some more to see what sort of options I have and I'm leaning towards just buying the Superlux HD-681 again, or maybe the HD-681B model. Has anyone here used both and care to comment on which they thought was better?

Also, according to reviews, the HD-681 Evo model has crap build quality so I'm not going to bother with those.

Its headphones, its always be "can be better" no matter how much money you throw.

what listen to you on your foneheads anonalona

Attached: e0RfFfx.jpg (3840x2100, 763K)

no larp...

Attached: Utopia_Ygg_LP.jpg (3795x2466, 1.14M)

yipes my dude

holy guacamole
that's worth a lot of guacamole

Buy speakers user.

Attached: 8AB47F92-CD5D-481C-80B5-859BBA414782.jpg (4032x3024, 1.87M)

>tfw considered getting full OL stack but impulsively got Click-chan. Fuck chink 11.11 manipulative consumerism celebrations.

i like my click-chan ;-;
since we're all stamptiming...

Attached: IMG_20181222_145649.jpg (4640x3480, 3.2M)

>dickord
read your messages bimbo.

You're probably right. I'll just use the money towards drinks/pot when I listen to music as it makes everything sound euphoric.

I got a nice setup already. Headphones are my preferred choice when i'm working and/or on my computer.

aye just talkin to someone about a session exploit :P

omg he's really that retarted

just update the firmware dumb nigger

c-can i marry him
he's got enough cash to feed us both for a very long time

if one of you is a qt trap i see no problem

Probably in some regards. Then again, if this is just a tiny fraction of your disposable income, probably not.

literally worse setup than stax while being 5x the price nice job senpai

ok yggy-chan, pls be a qt trap

I posted my stack, whats yours? And how do you better this stack for less (serious question).

>And how do you better this stack for less (serious question).
modded srs-3100 with a bass boost EQ

you could have bettered it just by buying audeze lmao
utopias are just slightly more clear vs the... clears

>you could have bettered it just by buying audeze lmao
ummm not him but what is he supposed to buy? the lcd-4? just get stax it's cheaper and better

yeah stax or lcd, but focals are copycats of lcd so if he likes the signature it's a good option

I did have a pair of the LCD4 but gave them away to my sister. I would say they are great if you crave more bass (which many say the utopia lacks) but vocals and highs on the utopia are amongst the best. Keeps me coming back.

I don't like artificial sounding highs. no thanks.

Make your nice setup even better. Spending more than a few hundred on headphone gear is honestly quite disgusting. Is your Yggy pulling double duty in your stereo system or do you have an even better dac?

aye i noticed that even on the l700, the highs were just a bit too much for me.
then again im so used to a neutral sound that anything higher than that fucks with me

>I don't like artificial sounding highs. no thanks.
LMAO. says the utopia fag

lol my dx3 pro does double duty. why would anyone buy 2 dacs?

utopias are very peaky user and they have elevated treble more than either LCD-4 or stax. also stax is neutral to harman so why are you lying about that L700 audition?

Metrum Pavane. My home office is in a different room than my stereo and I'm not going to drag things back and forth.

sour grapes makes fine haterade, don't it?

I'm not buying any more dac's. I can't hear an improvement at this level and higher. I don't have super ears I guess.

because harman is eq, not signature owo

I don’t understand why someone would willingly spend upwards of 5 figures on headphone gear. Maybe if you already got a high end stereo system that is completely done and finished. And don’t give me >maybe he doesn’t have space for speakers
The man himself said he already has a “nice” speaker system. If he can afford 4 figure headphones and dacs im preeeety sure he can afford better speakers...

what are under 15$ bluetooth headphones that sounds good? (for comparison, i had skull candy ink jamaica earphones before, and they sounded to me really good)