Daily reminder that ThinkPads are and will continue to be sub-par devices as long as they'll be equipped with...

Daily reminder that ThinkPads are and will continue to be sub-par devices as long as they'll be equipped with widescreen displays. Even MacBooks have 16:10 panels.

Attached: DSC_2304.jpg (4274x3508, 1.78M)

i'm gay btw if that matters

Fag

I never had a thinkpad but I always thought that model looks so fucking good.

Is it worth it to still get that model as a main machine or is it more like a collectors item by now?

I would say the oldest it's worth going for as a main machine would be an integrated graphics X201, a T510, or a W520 (the latter two you'd want the 1080p screen).
Anything older than that will have a terribly inefficient CPU (or in the case of a W510, no optimus), and the 14" didn't have good screens until later.

You could use something older if you don't do anything heavy and you don't care about battery life, but in general I'd avoid anything before the core-i CPUs.

16:10 (aka 8:5 and brainlets can't do math) is still widescreen.
4:3 or GTFO

>t. mactoddler

lol
left side of the monitor is installation guide
right side is terminal installation
>updating
>updating
>updating

BTFO

Attached: X62.jpg (1839x1143, 1.22M)

i tried using an X60 as my daily laptop for a while
>new battery lasts 4 hours idle, 1-2 hours of moderate load, wrist area runs hot as fuck from the wifi card
>completely underpowered for any media usage

X230 or newer for me. if a laptop can't idle a full day on battery, it's not worth using.

That one is essentially useless by today's standards unless you have autism and don't need GUI programs

the only reason I don't use my chinkpad over my macbook pro is the shit aspect ratio on the chinkpad

i would instantly drop the mac if lenovo released a chinkpad with a 16:10 or 3:2 screen

Surface laptop has a pretty dank 3:2 screen but it just had to have a myriad of different annoying shit.

why can't OEM's get their shit together and make a decent laptop for once.

why does screen resolution matter when all I am doing is looking at a text editor or Jow Forums?

ThinkPads are fucking sexy.

The X1 Tablet has a 3:2 display so who knows why the fuck they don't use them on their regular X2x0 series.

>2018
>Microsoft offering 15" 3:2 machines
>Apple offering 16:10 machines
>legitimate productivity devices with a long heritage of quality are stuck with 16:9
what the fuck is going on?

Just got myself a Surface Go and it's pretty comfy desu. Never tried the laptop but when it comes to 10" devices I wouldn't swap my Go for any Android or iPad thingy.

I still can't believe Microsoft didn't include the USBC port on the Surface Pro 6. Bunch of fucking retards running the division desu.

Yeah. I mean, I got a C port on my Go (which is about the only port I got) and that thing was like 600€. But I guess it's the same like Samsung putting year old CPUs in their newest tablets. Got themselves too many chromosomes.

>Daily reminder that ThinkPads are and will continue to be sub-par devices as long as they'll be equipped with widescreen displays.
My X200s has a 16:10 1440x900 display.
I noticed at an Apple store whatever laptop they had out for display was also 1440x900
kinda sad that Apple's newest laptops have the same resolution as a 10 year old thinkpad

>Anything older than that will have a terribly inefficient CPU
Anything newer than Core2 is botnet
Anything with Nvidia is botnet

They can't because of surface connect port. The 9th gen Intel resolves this with extra Lanes. So next surface will have the usb c.
Pic related is Christmas photo of my SP6

Attached: c109490.jpg (4098x5234, 1.56M)

I wish Lenovo would make an actual ThinkPad instead of that retro bullshit they've been sending out

>Microsoft
>Pajeets
>Expecting the R&D to be competent

I have a T420s but it devours battery power. Dead in 3 hours under normal load. Haven't loaded gentoo yet but planning on it.

youre right, all you need to browse Jow Forums and look at text editors is a TI-83+
Literally wont notice a difference going higher than 128x64 resolution

is that a 200X? I have one, and I cant even get an OS on it. I am considering buying a bunch of floppies to try and install an OS, but I may just sell it

>8:5
I know right. And clearly 16:9 is really 8:4.5

what modlel is that

I own a SL and I can confirm the screen is dank

yeah what a qt
thinking if i should buy a fresh new like x series speciment since i bought a x201t few years ago which was kinda banged up
it won't give me any upgrade in computational power

honestly, you could probably do text-only web browsing alright if it was capable of doing so.
also, the resolution was 96x64, so it's technically a 3:2 screen, making it a Jow Forums approved device

>Anything newer than Core2 is botnet
Not the Nehalems.

You fag, screen ratio is the reason to buy them. Vertical space, have you ever heard about it?

As a person who was forced to go from a 1920x1080 IPS screen to a 1600x900 TN screen I can tell you that you should look for a higher reoslution screen simply because generally speaking the higher the resolution, the more chance you have of a screen of a higher quality. in the past high res screens were reserved for professionals so they had to be high quality. later higher resolutions became more mainstream (just look at phones) and colors and viewing angles improved. You should buy a high res screen not because of the resolution (although having a range of scaling options is fantastic) but because all the other specs are also more likely to be good.

You mean 4:2.25, right?

>as long as they'll be

go away foreign scum

are you the kind of burger that goes overseas and complains that the place they visited was full of foreigners?

Fuck off you eurofag cumskin neanderkike. Stop in awe of the 56% master race.

Attached: W.jpg (261x193, 6K)

Get a huawei matebook x or pro. Wangblows or loonix with a 3:2 display

>yes, i am
haha, i actually chuckled, stay redneck my friend

if you use Xfce or a tiling WM + something minimal like debian net install then its definitely doable

i use a hp with the same processor and its more than capable (install h264ify in firefox and you can even manage smooth 720p youtube playback).

>huawei matebook
that shit looks delicate as fuck

which one is that?

X62

most laptop manufacturers still haven't moved to 16:10 yet though. Only people are ms apple and google

I recently got a pro 2 by selling some shit in my room. Sorta wish I waited a bit longer to get one with a 3:2 screen but it's still decent 16:9 is terrible for manga and doujins though

It's not. It's equally as solid as any MacBook.