Is it really a good alternative for people who want macOS aesthetics with windows power?

is it really a good alternative for people who want macOS aesthetics with windows power?

Attached: hackintosh.jpg (1600x1548, 255K)

Attached: 1528039210112.jpg (1012x1279, 232K)

this fad died 6 years ago. what's your story OP?

>with windows power?
What did he mean by this?

the only excuse for hackintoshing is for the editing programs, final cut & logic pro are literally perfect

>editing programs
>Logic Pro

Wat?

Depends on your use-case for a desktop/laptop. And obviously, on your hardware. If you have a discrete GPU that isn't supported then I think Linux or Windows is a better option. Unless you really want macOS.
You have to ask yourself the following:
1 - Do I really have a need for terminal utilities available on Linux/OSX/BSD?
2 - Can I put up with Wine for most of my games?
3 - Do I have a need for either final cut or logic pro? (both programs that can be easily pirated without viruses and run way smoother than anything adobe/sony's)
4 - Am I willing to learn how the system works?
5 - Am I willing to learn how to tweak the system's retarded defaults to make it actually enjoyable?
6 - Am I willing to fix (and learn how to fix) any issue that will probably come with using a hackintosh?
If you answered yes to at least 4 of these questions then yeah, I think it is worth it.

I've been using a hackintosh for 2 years now and I don't plan on looking back to linux. Everything else that I need to do I do it on my windows 10 drive since I dual boot.

/thread

MacOS is the greatest desktop OS, by far. Hackintoshs are invariably gimped in some way, WiFi won’t work etc, and updates tend to fuck them.

>macOS aesthetics
just use gnome then.

have you ever even tried macos before?

Every. Single. Thread. This meme is older than the universe itself. Wanna know why hackintosh noobs complain about updates? because instead of doing it the right way (a vanilla install) they look for the easy path and use a shitty bootloader from tonymac and his garbage tools (unibeast/multibeast). *beast tools are responsible for a ton of issues on hackintosh machines: basically, they download unnecessary (and outdated kexts - as in, kernel extensions that is, drivers) and sometimes they conflict with each other and people don't even bother to look up for the verbose being displayed to see what's actually happening and fix it themselves. Then they spam communities and everyone just tells them the same: boot with the verbose flag (-v) and try using as few kexts and hacks as possible.
Then they say updating is also a hassle but little they know most people I know who went vanilla actually updated since Sierra and still have a 100% or close working machine.

Attached: 1540694894031.jpg (720x774, 13K)

>Hackintoshs are invariably gimped in some way, WiFi won’t work etc, and updates tend to fuck them.
this. especially on laptops. shit battery, shit wireless support, hotkeys dont work, and so on.

macos is smooth but it's just a crippled version of gnome or kde, has very limited customization options, it's basically retard proof.

>it's a mactoddler manchild thinks he or his manchildOS will ever belong on Jow Forums episode

Attached: 1514254072808.jpg (1087x727, 102K)

>fully posix compliant unix system doesn’t belong on tech board

T. Gaymer winbaby

fuck hackintosh; when will puredarwin be a usable desktop os?

I hackintosh for 3 years honestly waste of time the time you spend fixing and updating it you could work a casual job and pay apple tax easy. Even for 3000$ Mac pro/mini 2019

Just get a skin on windows or Linux if you want it

And if you don't want to get a job for afueonths just buy a 100-200$ second hand macbook it will perform the same in everything beside final cut

>India
>Mac
Shit meme.

Attached: India.png (1001x718, 306K)

>windows power

Attached: 1519433563402.jpg (960x712, 126K)

Most people I know in my wealthy western city that use man are international ethnic minorities like not poor people but people who have left behind 10smillions of ethnic fellows and come to the west bracuse their parents are rich .. Such people gravitate towards luxuary and hipster shit the white kids have all moved on and don't find hipster cool any more and instead try to dress like Russian Slavs

Your point?

Macs are still "luxury and hipster shit" which no one has moved on from.

KDE neon

Attached: 2A1E8D46-E3E1-4BF8-A2C4-99FF28706239.png (478x456, 407K)

kek

last i did a mac install was 4 years ago and the only real way was multibeast. what's changed?

My point is that Mac isn't even popular with real hipsters any more it's now popular with international students and rich people from the 3rd world that some how managed to "live their teens and twenties in the west"

White people got over apple in like 2012

>5 - Am I willing to learn how to tweak the system's retarded defaults to make it actually enjoyable?
Name some besides font rendering

Your point is worthless.

Attached: Students_in_Large_Classroom_with_Laptops.jpg (1250x833, 385K)

>who went vanilla actually updated since Sierra and still have a 100% or close working machine.
can confirm
noob

that's a photo from the late 2000s you retard. look at the clothing.

or not even late 2000s mid 2000s the black macbooks in that photo where discontinued in 2006 or some thing.

for desktops, perfect

things look the same in 2018 college classrooms

Well I am a college student, and I disagree.

The University of Mumbai isn't representative of western colleges, friendo.