Friendly reminder that if your opensource commit/issue activity doesn't look at least like this...

Friendly reminder that if your opensource commit/issue activity doesn't look at least like this, then you don't really care about open source technologies and wouldn't even spot a difference if you were using proprietary software.

Attached: file.png (847x152, 7K)

>open source

Attached: file.png (240x259, 79K)

>you don't really care about open source technologies
With all the shit that's going on with Shitnux I'd rather just stick with Windows Server 2019 and use open source dotnet tools instead.

Open sores.

>green commit activity
>github fag
Use gitlab you backwards scum

open sauce.

>Not using GitHub Gardener to automate daily commits.

Attached: 1543987346066.jpg (500x375, 43K)

my company account looks like that
I'm not employed to work on piece of open-source software, would be happy to do so but it would require moving to different town where OSS companies have have their headquarters.
8 hours work, 8 hours sleep, 2 hours food and transportation, 4 hours studying, 2 hours of kino or non-technical books. Unless I happen to connect the OSS contributions to the work or studying, I have no motivation to work on it.
>inb4 wageslave
I like my job and it's well payed

>payed

>use open source
>never contribute
anyone else

Attached: 1531972996909.png (499x499, 19K)

>he uses just 1 git service
Imagine being this new to software development

but user i installed gentoo

Attached: 1542804714688s.jpg (86x125, 2K)

>1 liner commit everyday
wow now I really care about open source now!

Yes I don't care about open source.
I respect the spirit of the guy in that pucture, therefore i care about FREEsoftware. Because freedom matters.

That's 360 commit lines more than you'd do yearly

and you pull that comment out off your ass

I wouldn't hire the mono-hobby floss supporter over the one with none to sparse commits on kikehub.
Exactly like a soldier without family is worthless, it's a better bet to hire to healthy dude with hobbies not computer related.
The experience part is more important than the personal projects one, don't waste your time with open source projects if you have nothing to gain career-wise.
Only web trashes cares about online activity

>using free software
>working for free on software
there is a difference, and only suckers don't know what it is

why would you commit every single day instead of just friday? get some discipline faggot

friday is read-only.
old habbit from sysadmin days because I know if I break something and have to call sysadmins, I will disturb them in their read and I absolutly hated that myself.

>never seeded a torrent in lifetime

Attached: pepi.jpg (500x483, 33K)

I think you meant "push" instead of "commit", it's ok, beginner mistake.
You might want to read up on software development models.
Also for open source projects specifically, you'd strive to keep the dev branch as up to date as possible with small incremental PRs that everyone fetch every day. This way you can actually work in collaboration, instead of spending 39 hours a week resolving conflicting merges from retards who "push on friday".

Noice

Open Source leaves you open to infiltration.

The real red pill is that you need smart people running closed source projects. Like Foobar.

reminder that if you don't have at least one popular github repo that does something actually useful and technical (not some link compilation repo or some retarded easy js lib), you don't deserve to be employed

>implying my github project has more than one dev

I remember when github had a streak feature that counted days since you last stopped working and it lead to some really unhealthy numbers including some overworked poo who started kicking and screaming because no employer would be able to see his 774 day streak or some shit like that.

>living in parents' basement
no thanks

bro if you seed it makes it easier for the cops to find you

there are gray boxes?

It said
>at least like this
That's the minimum

Attached: f.png (936x253, 21K)

>working for free
Sorry, my time is precious.

>every single person on the planet needs to contribute to foss.
Do you contribute to surgery?

Literally me

>An effort used to exist.

Attached: Screenshot_20181223-191502.png (1920x1080, 97K)

Nah man I prefer playing dcss when I have time instead of programming
Peace!

WTF is this real?

>and use open source botnet tools instead
fixed

Quad gold!

Doesn't matter, you don't have to be a developer or contribute back to use open source software, enjoy

Just encourages confusing git logs because people won't squash the broken and stupid intermediate commits before a buildable version. Automatic code metrics are cancer

fuck github

i work hard and i'm not giving my code away for free, i have bills to pay and food to buy

you can use scripts to embed images into the graph. you basically make a bunch of fake commits to a single repo with a false date and then push it. github goes based off of the dates of your commits, not when they get a push to their own platform.

think of the children

>soldier without family is worthless,
???

Meh. Between real job and other hobbies I'm fine with this.

Attached: git.png (954x420, 14K)