Alternative to Evernote

Anyone got a good alternative to this obscene bloatware?

Attached: evernote.gif (1600x901, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

joplin.cozic.net/
pcloud.com/
bookstackapp.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

emacs + org mode + git

tiddlywiki + git

A notebook.

I use Google Keep, deal with it.
I don't really store much important info, mostly my song lyrics, some messages I wanted to save, and apartment numbers, along with some movie/song titles, temporary phone numbers etc.

>apartment numbers
>temporary phone numbers
drug mule detected

Joplin is probably the most developed. There's also Turtl

Cross platform and natively AES encrypted.
Joplin Notes with any free cloud storage account is cash senpai.

I use Joplin for my math & cs classes and I use my windows tablet with one note for just random other shit that eventually is copied into Joplin.

joplin.cozic.net/
pcloud.com/

Attached: 1545556045432.jpg (839x853, 77K)

>no pin notes
C'mon man

On top of this I have keepass for my desktop and laptop and keypassxc on my phone. They all sync the password database with my computers so I always have all my passwords secured but with me.

Combine keepass with a onlykey (directly purchased from the makers site) and you have a way to have all your passwords be plausible deniable.

Joplin works, is FOSS, cross-platform, has great extensions, and built in math formulas scripting.

Attached: 1545512346216.png (314x392, 165K)

Attached: img_eggsif_3856835469295802920.jpg (1080x2280, 256K)

>no pin feature in Joblin
that's what i meant

>joplin.cozic.net/

>dat 1+6T

Attached: waa.jpg (2048x1133, 301K)

Standard Notes - cross platform, free and open sores.

no

Since I switched from windows to linux i am on the lookout, for years now

1. if you are on windows use OneNote, there is literally nothing better for just generic notes
2. if you are looking for something like documentation and knowledge center, then I recommend selfhosting Bookstack. Check out demosite they have. bookstackapp.com/
3. if you want just daily stuff, like reminders, planning, short notes, mostly on the phone then google keep is great.
4. then there qownnotes for linux that is pretty ok
5. then theres also jolpin electron based one
6. turtl if you want security
7. you can check standard notes and trilium too

I am in process or learning docker to have confidence in deploying bookstack at home and at work
its scary that I literally download docker-compose file run docker-compose up and whole fucking bookstack just works
on android I use keep

but yeah, if I was on windows I would be on onenote, and since I am on linux I am just keep looking for something as good.

Attached: bookstack-hero-screenshot.png (2952x1692, 204K)

Yes there are. They are called tags. You tag anything for reference index to pull up anything related to the subject.

It isn't a Oneplus 6T with no headphone jack. Die hard OP6 user. I'm getting a Librem 5 soon enough. Since I use linux on my desktop with a windows kvm it might integrate better with my other desktop storftware then KDE connect currently can.

for graphic design work - brainstorming, planning things and stealing and comparing shit in form of screenshots/images from others theres nothing better than OneNote. infinite amount of infinitely large workspaces where to throw shit together in generally nonlinear manner. you can get an older version (2010 and maybe 2013) sort of work fine on Wine too i guess.

Attached: 1538269153284.png (365x241, 5K)

I fucking want a specific note to first on the folder whatever the situation ???????

>OneNote
Go back
Standard Notes Master Race

markdown+git

Then make a specific tag. It seems index tagging is to much a novel concept for some.

You do know you can run standard notes on your own system right? You are just paying for the storage and support.

Use Joplin and a proper cloud storage client.

Simplenote

ageru

This, except use Dropbox for syncing,
then you can use Orgzly for mobile.

I don't care much about encryption at this point.

How would I do this?

For work i use paper and one note cause idgaf.

For personal use Standard Notes.

I could never find a good self-hosted option with encryption so I'm just using TickTick for the sheer usability

google wave!

I've been using Notion and it's completely changed my workflow for the better. No native Linux client is annoying but there's a community electron wrapper that makes is tolerable. API support supposed to be coming soon so it'll be fun to mess around with that, and there's an export to HTML function. It's not for everyone, for sure, but I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

vi and ftp

what are you, retarded or something?

> emacs + org mode + Dropbox

/thread

How set up

Laverna is pretty good

>Joblin still doesnt have PIN note feature
Sorry but NO

All my personal documentation, notes, recipes, etc, are done on Google Spreadsheets. Wanna fight about it?

nextcloud

Never heard of bookstack before, will check out for sure.

That having been said, if you want something for cross-platform system I recommend self-hosting Standard Notes. You can get all the features of premium without spending a dime.

onenote (desktop, 2016 version) simply outmatches everything. I can't find another notetaking tool that doesn't rely on a browser or electron to work

you're missing versioning. Not used Dropbox for a while is it 30 days?

This.
Fast, simple, botnet free.
Sucks if you need to attach images to your notes though.

Attached: miniguide.png (700x1000, 209K)

I just used it to store webclips, invoices, screenshots for references on the go, and some simple rich text notes. How anyone can suggest a shitty markdown editor is a good replacement for this sort of functionality is beyond me.

Attached: 1330853797298.jpg (450x450, 77K)

>This, except use botnet for syncing,

don't ever do this.

I use Zim on the daily. It stores your notes in plain text. Has a built-in web server making your notes accessible via http. It is free software. Highly recommended

Attached: Screenshot_20181221-232418_Firefox.jpg (1080x1920, 688K)

Did you just actually create this gif for this thread?

I want to like Joplin but their android app is trash. Desktop one is on the other hand pretty good.
For now I stay with OneNote. I know it's botnet and all but man, FOSS community just can't give finished product and most of programs are just in development limbo.

OneNoat is GOAT.

A notebook

Attached: 1544409513484.jpg (690x588, 79K)