i can;t even properluy tupe while looking at it

Same but at 21.
>120-140 WPM when staring at the keyboard and spastically mashing keys
>down to 50-80 WPM when using it properly
Damn vidya gaymes.

Attached: f11.gif (500x281, 706K)

as a programmer fewer mistakes > higher typing speed anyway

>missclick if I look at the monitor
>STILL missclick if I look at the keyboard (anticipate letters)
>don't missclick if I look at other things as I type
Is it some form of dyslexia? It's like if I don't focus on it it's completely fine

>damn vidya gaymes
This makes no fucking sense, video games teach you to never look at the keyboard as you'll die

Eh, I'm still not proficient at it, I've been typing for 20 years.

Sure but people who type without looking at the keyboard type so much faster, that even when they are constantly backspacing and rewriting the code they are still more efficient than if you are constantly looking at the keyboard

measure twice cut once
if you write it the right way the first time its better than having to go back and fix it and possibly fuck that up too

Maybe I'm just way too slow, but when I look at those twitch streamers I just can't do it at their pace even when I'm making fewer mistakes than them.

its not about pace
even ignoring the benefits of doing it right the first time, its also good to slow down and think

sure, you chart out the general structure and interface of a program before diving into it (or at least you should)
but if it were just as easy as making a structural diagram and punching it directly into a computer, the whole industry would be automated by now

a programmer/developer/software engineer/whatever title has to make implementation decisions as they go
what would be more resource efficient here?
how can i write this part to be easily maintainable?
etc etc

if you just sit there and punch out a program in an hour and compare it to the guy who wrote the same program in 2 hours, given on equal skill and intelligence level, who do you think has the better program?

You can't move while typing anyways chucklefuck, you just get the message out as fast as humanly possible.

Just get a keyboard with blank keycaps

I learned it at school. GL

I didn't until I chose Workman layout at 23

>not holding W before starting to type
>not getting the message out with 9 fingers and no W's

Same. Workman is really great. In my opinion there is no point learning to touchtype qwerty because it's just shit. I can lazy type qwerty in a pinch but I touchtype 40wpm faster on workman.

Same here, but younger. I'm doing it with Dvorak though. I'm at 40wpm after 3-4 weeks of practice.

How much time did you spend on the computer up to this point?

who cares except autists ?