The time for a yearly reinstall has come, what do I go with this time?

The time for a yearly reinstall has come, what do I go with this time?
Windows 10 shills fuck off

Attached: main-qimg-a78053cf94d0dc6bf67ec46352ec3346.jpg (420x280, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ghacks.net/2018/09/06/extended-security-updates-for-windows-7-and-longer-windows-10-servicing/
youtu.be/83zHoqsWax8
youtu.be/0mQxkGB30JI
mega.nz/#!MFYAFIxB!8sYaIJKX3ZnLY0kaXbSZE5LU_7lwGFeVkxt07HGULck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

XP 64-bit

7. Turn off SMB1, turn off updates, have fun.

TempleOS

stop rolling distros, start rolling file systems

>yearly reinstall
Get a handle on your OCD user :)

I've actually been thinking about reinstalling windows 7 now on my OLD ass 2012 PC.

Shit's starting to bog down heavy. I haven't really used it much since 2015 but the past two weeks It's been the daily machine.

8.1, Best Korea's choice

it's not OCD, it's just Windows being garbage

Oh wow, you like to do it around this time too. Normally I would install Win 8.1 Pro because it's faster than win 7 in games (20-40+ fps) and it's more stable/less annoying than Windows 10.

However now that I've been on Jow Forums since the summer, learned lots of things, I'm thinking about dual booting Artix GNU/Linux and Windows 10 LTSC. One for default use, and the other solely for stuff that won't run well in GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1514100360277.jpg (1280x693, 173K)

but why use win 10 if 8.1 just werks for you

SEBEN FOREBER

It's because I heard that Win 10 ((LTSC)) is stable and debloated, and I think it might be faster than 8.1. I'm willing to give it a try.

8.1 embedded. Better *nix interop and lighter

>yearly reinstall

Attached: 1541560577406.png (1044x720, 380K)

I don't know, it still runs like shit for me and still has the anti malware scan garbage that locks my disk to 100% oftentimes. I wish it was as pain-free as advertised on here

>GNU/Linux
Its just Linux.

On Win 8.1 personally. Works great.

Attached: specs.png (963x243, 10K)

how did they do it?

Attached: canvasb.jpg (1920x1080, 156K)

8 and 8.1 had to run on trash hardware so they actually optimised the system, and Embedded was designed for XP-era POS machines, so it makes sense

This is on LTSC? On a laptop or desktop? HDD or SSD? Gee, if it's SSD/Desktop and it has 100% disk usage, then there's really no point in using win 10, at all.

My best friend's core2quad desktop with win 8.1 Pro runs circles around his core i5 4th gen laptop running Windows 10. No ssd's involved though.

It has GNU software, pic related

Attached: 1492729432474.png (233x251, 8K)

currently im using wes7 and posready 2009, the former for browsing and later for goldsrc gamin (old intel based board)
go with 8.1 embedded like others have said

nice
any major known problems or unavailable things on 8.1 embedded one should know about?
it was on HDD. Ofcourse, mileage may vary so it might and probably will work for you, I was just wondering why even bother if 8.1 works for you.
I, for example, always have some sort of problem on 8.1 after certain time, it's like it just breaks one day and starts introducing more and more problems as time goes on .
Gonna try embedded 8.1 this time tho

>any major known problems or unavailable things on 8.1 embedded one should know about?
Been using it for about 3 years, still haven't found any such issues.

as opposed to weekly reinstall linux users go through after running a shady script copypasted from degenerate weeb forums

>yearly reinstall
Maybe spend the time, do a little searching to learn how to computer instead of reinstalling. Its understandable that you can't, most vocal people on Jow Forums seem to be just as competent with windows as you.

Not them but as opposed to someone who has never reinstalled because they can maintain it.

-Install windows 10
-Get a real job

Attached: g.jpg (753x618, 225K)

If you do real work, you use Linux. Don't waste your time with an operating system that treats you like cattle.
So you're saying your incompetence is the OS's fault?

Attached: 50647386_p0.jpg (370x445, 148K)

>If you do real work, you use Linux
Nice joke. Employed people use Windows. NEETs use Linux.

employed people use both
t. employed person

The only joke here is you. Linux is a real OS, having a real dev environment and being widely used on servers (over a third of Microsofts own run Linux) as well as super computers. Linux is also present on most phones and embeded. Compare that to a gaming OS that is Windows and you'll see the light. If you equate employment with 'making the logo in photoshop', you are an idiot.

I've had the same windows seven install for 5 years.

>calling linux android
I wonder who's the real idiot

Attached: 1406418116054.gif (240x256, 2.11M)

Linux is a kernel.

GNU/linux

How do i get Windows 8/8.1/10 for free?

Windows 7 is almost dead

install windows 7 ultimate
activate with daz loader
use media creation tool
enjoy free windows 10 pro

You go with the rope :)

rude

>7
>lags like hell on my x61t
>tried win 8
>works pretty damn good
Shame they fucked pen tablet users on it in favor of sausage fingers faggots, so I had to go back to 7

>your incompetence is the OS's fault?
I dont use linux. linux users use linux.

>yearly reinstall
I'm literally posting from a Windows 7 that I installed when RTM was released. When I upgraded to SSD I cloned the system partition over. Stop memeing.

Attached: 1485127765992.jpg (352x468, 81K)

xp sp3 32bit

win 10 enterprise ltsc n

If you're not going 10 for whatever religious reasons, nowt wrong with 8.1.

I'd like to switch from 7 to 8.1. is that still possible? I can't find new legit 8 or 8.1 for sale.

Embedded option is p cool as long as it can run normal software.

>yearly
>mfw reinstalled at least 10 times this year

Attached: Bolso_guns.gif (480x264, 3.69M)

>8.1 vs 7
What the fuck does 8.1 have that 7 doesn't? 10 vs 7 I get, but 8.1?

If you install Windows 7 Enterprise and you might be able to get updates until 2023.
ghacks.net/2018/09/06/extended-security-updates-for-windows-7-and-longer-windows-10-servicing/

Some minor things, like native usb 3 drivers.

Install gentoo

8.1. No scientific proof but it feel faster than 7 and 10 on both my laptop and shitty tablet.

>yearly reinstall
Heh

can't you read?
>windows 10 shills fuck off

looks like it's you who can't read, buddy
i never mentioned w10

where did you get your iso for embeded?

8.1 doesn't get support anymore from amd and nvida

>Win 8.1 Pro because it's faster than win 7 in games (20-40+ fps)
Bull shit.
youtu.be/83zHoqsWax8
youtu.be/0mQxkGB30JI

Oh, well I don't play any of those games. Bf4 definitely gets a performance boost though, you can see videos for that

I didn't see it, but you're seeing what you want to.

windows 8.1 with updates up to yesterday, then promptly disable them, applying important patches manually.

Right now Windows 7 is better than 8 for system security.
Maybe consider 8 once 7 isn't supported anymore.

>He doesn't know a digital license method

>lags like hell on my x61t
you're doing something wrong

8.1 with classic shell

Win 7 no doubt
Here's an ultimate iso working on nvme and usb 3.0
mega.nz/#!MFYAFIxB!8sYaIJKX3ZnLY0kaXbSZE5LU_7lwGFeVkxt07HGULck