Why is privacy important to you, Jow Forums? Be honest

Why is privacy important to you, Jow Forums? Be honest.

Attached: quote-having-two-identities-for-yourself-is-an-example-of-a-lack-of-integrity-mark-zuckerberg-91-66- (850x400, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M3mQu9YQesk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because I don't want anyone to just search my name on google and dig up stuff I'd rather not strangers know about me

because I hate scam calls on my phone that got my number from someone who sold my phone number as data

I don't give a shit about catered ads because 9 out of 10 times I don't see them

So that shithead kikes like the one you just posted can't sell my data to everyone and their fucking mother. Go fuck yourself, glow in the dark CIA nigger.

Attached: 2a3.png (600x544, 155K)

Because I like doing things that aren't socially acceptable.

this train doesn't have any brakes and you're asking me what i think of it

weird how often the marxist technocrats have internalized the great man theory that they supposedly reject

not adapting your personality and habits to accommodate the people you're talking with is a sign of autism and lack of social tact

because
1. i don't want people to profit off of my information.
2. having all of my information on the cloud is a huge risk. it would all be avalable for taking if i ever got hacked.
3. peace of mind. while i don't do illegal shit on the internet, i would still feel safer if i truly knew that i wasn't constantly being spied on. nowadays i wouldn't even trust having a sensitive conversation with a phone in the same room.

i like the concept. i don't want to burden other people with my existence

Because I have this idiotic idea that computers could be a positive thing for humans.
The way things are going, radical people will make terrorism against social media people and I can't even see anything wrong with it.
Like say the zucc had his family brutally murdered and it was shared on Facebook, would anyone even care?

Because people outside of the internet get weird about things like necrozoophilia depicting girls of questionable age. Even if it's only a drawing. Bunch of prudes.

Because detailed information about you can be used for malicious deeds. Facebook is the hackers dream because it's a massive social engineering Honeypot that allows criminals to gain access to fuck loads of information. From address numbers on your house behind your profile picture, regional information, hobbies interests and hang out spots to personal information like who your relatives and family members are. Or when you'll be out of your home etc...

Now take all of that info and imagine it's in the hands of people who undeniable want total control of the population.

Facebook is the true cancer

not only can they look you up, they can fabricate it too. do you want to compete against a google employee's cousin in business or politics? maybe that employee will give his cousin a little help?

ok google, verify this fact for me. im feeling lucky

This. Does anybody remember myyearbook? It was a shitty social media platform a while ago. I was searching my name last year and found a profile under my name with a bunch of furry shit attached and posted to it. Somebody took a single picture of me and then posted a bunch of furry shit and that's how I found out my """identity""" was stolen and in a world where I actually mattered, my reputation sullied.

Social media is a fucking cancer and will ruin career aspects for you forever without life long responsible usage. I feel so bad for some of the kids growing up posting themselves doing stupid shit and saying stupid shit ruining jobs for them.

I do security at a hospital and we've fired 5 employees for social media violations this year. None of them involving HIPAA violations just idiocy.

Any person or organization with information about you has power over you in proportion to how much information they have. Privacy is essential for anything even remotely resembling freedom, autonomy, and individual liberty.

>>I don't give a shit about catered ads because 9 out of 10 times I don't see them
I object to being advertised to, whether or not I actually see the ad. Advertising is an attempt to deceive you into parting with money you otherwise wouldn't. It's a scam, pure and simple, and I don't want to be targeted by scammers even if I happen to not see their attempt at bilking me.

>carrying two passports while traveling from Israel to Iran is an example of a lack of integrity
t. (((zuck)))

Because I don't want my Jewish overlords deciding what integrity is.

>technopuritan: fuck having borders and the rule of law and shit
>technopuritan: do no evil lmao
>technopuritan: did you know all who oppose me are nazi oppressors???
>technopuritan: your data is safe lol we have rules here

I had Facebook briefly more than a decade ago. I used to meet people for the first time and they'd ask me shit like how was your holiday or other such shit someone else had posted. Too many stalker vibes from that shit. I didn't care about the privacy aspect until my Facebook was long gone.

The ability to exercise privacy is a defining part of a robust technological fitness, a fitness that will become increasingly important moving into the future. It can also be a catalyst for creativity and expression.

I don't have any social media accounts or shit. I have a GitHub account for job. One day I searched my name in Google from different computer and my GitHub was the first result with my pictures and all. How bad is it Jow Forums?

>myyearbook

Attached: sweating-man.jpg (415x367, 41K)

Remember when Ross Perot quit the election in 1992 because info harvesting agencies had blackmail against his family?
Now imagine if the successors to those agencies had the power to do that to literally everyone. Did you have a phase where you thought you were gay and looked up programming socks? Did you shitpost about how CIA kikes are niggers that glow in the dark on Jow Forums? It probably won't come back to haunt you if you live a boring life, but if you ever come into power, Faceberg and Alphabet will come knocking asking for their influence over your life in exchange for not publicly humiliating you. Even something harmless like having a bondage fetish could be mercilessly pushed by data giants until you're destroyed. Howard Dean lost his race because he fucking laughed in a weird way once.

it's not about privacy, it's about ownership, I own me, it's not for someone else to sell

(You) see no money from the data that Google, Facebook, and all other botnet leaders sell. This data is then used to try and swindle you into spending money you otherwise would not have.

Information is power.
By giving people information about yourself, it doesn't matter what it is, you are giving them power over you.

Fucking cancer, right? I checked it out and it was the worst piece of shit I've ever seen with no consistency or coherence in design. Straight out of like 2006. Even Myspace looked better than that shitpile.

I only knew about it because I googled myself and I was truly horrified that not only would that shit be associated with me but that anybody would believe I would use that horsepile on principle alone.

Attached: 1543883784410.jpg (1024x768, 442K)

People act and think differently depending on whether or not they're aware that they're being watched and recorded

Because I don’t want my insurance claims denied out of the blue because they bought my shopping data off of info kikes.
Because I don’t want a future shift in the standards of decency affecting me in ways such as “he downloaded Linux 40 years ago which is now illegal” or “he used the N word 40 years ago” suddenly affecting my ability to seek pension or jobs.
Because I don’t want the glow in the darks from getting false positives and “accidentally” shooting me after breaking and entering my house chasing after some mass killer.
Because I don’t want slavniggers from falsifying my identity by mimicking my digital movement patterns and profiteering off of my credit cards.
And that’s not even the half of it.

>the n word
Nigger? Nazi? Negro? Narc? Help me out here.

>implying every normalshit doesn't do precisely that IRL

youtube.com/watch?v=M3mQu9YQesk
Fuck off (((data merchant)))

Attached: d.jpg (576x415, 40K)

Because they don't want me to have it.

>Nancy Pelosi

>Rubs Hands
>Sells your data
>Keeps his safe
Profit

Attached: rare merchant.gif (130x180, 27K)

Zuckerberg not having a bullet through his face is an example of Americans being wusses in this day and age. Remember when you faggots were willing to fight for your rights? Yeah, me neither.

White americans haven't done this in hundreds of years what do you expect. Minorities are still too busy being oppressed daily to care

Minorities are privileged, not oppressed, you leftist cuck.

>using the c-word
yikes

fuck off ya yikesy cunt

>Because I don’t want my insurance claims denied out of the blue because they bought my shopping data off of info kikes.
of all the right answers posted in this thread, this one terrifies me the most

I don't like it when some company I've never interacted with gets hacked and loses a bunch of my personal information they collected without my consent. Like Equifax, for example.

Same reason i close the curtains when i bust on a thots face