Do you prefer Apple or Android, and why?

Do you prefer Apple or Android, and why?

Attached: iphone-7-google-pixel-phone-31.jpg (616x347, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/thread/S68630621#p68630775
youtu.be/omto9Q-eS_Q
youtu.be/emPiTZHdP88
youtu.be/BsHtfLh6azw
youtu.be/co78iXr0toM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Haven't used iOS in a bit so my analysis could be a little dated. Android because of more FOSS options, more flexible software, quicker software and more customization. To me this out weighs the benefits of apple, which was imessages/facetime and better optimized apps. I thought apple was laggy and much less flexible which created annoying limitations.

Android is more functional but Apple will update your phone for more than three years.

Apple, but I have used both and could use either without complaining too much.

Android because I would rather spend my cash on other stuff, my chink phone is nearly a year old and doesn't lag and has good battery life,

Android because i can avoid all the useless google shitware with LineageOS.

Attached: ratto.jpg (486x359, 73K)

I started using Android in 2010 with a ZTE Racer. I switched to iPhone in 2017.
They both have pros and cons, iOS just had more communication pros (iMessage, FaceTime, non-potato snapchats) plus the system just seems more consistent. I do miss certain things like easy sideloading and certain root functions but they’ve not been dealbreakers on iOS.

They're both pretty shit desu

Android. I can download torrents and comfy phoneposting without changing anything significant to the software.

Android

Neither one is perfect OOTB, but at least Android makes it easier for me to get things how I want them. iOS has maybe two advantages over Android that I care about, and everything else is just irrelevant to me.

Once you factor in the hardware faults iPhones have, there's no chance of Apple winning me over.

This. As far as I can tell, all smartphones are closed, undocumented and untrustworthy systems, probably because governments like them that way.

yeah but how? just curious

Android phones:
- last 1.5 years
- cost a few hundred less
Cost every 5 years = 3 phones @ $700 = $2,100

Apple phones:
-Cost a few hundred more
-Last five years
Cost every 5 years = 1 phone @ $1,000 = $1,000

The choice is clear without even getting into superior usability, speed, style, etc.

>using (((smartphones)))
lmao get an old blackberry.

Android phones:
- last 1.5 years
- cost several hundred less
Cost every 5 years = 3 phones @ $300 = $900

Apple phones:
-Cost several more
-Last one year
Cost every 5 years = 1 phone @ $1,000 = $5,000

The choice is clear without even getting into superior usability, speed, style, etc.

Attached: 1539364322492.png (1074x1011, 178K)

Android, because I'm a straight adult male.

Android. Because of syncthing and tasker applications.

android, more phone options

Yeah, no. Still using a Moto G 2013 phone and its rock solid. also fuck you.

iPhone because my needs are simple and I value my privacy immensely

>vox

basedboy libtard cuck confirmed. Only betas like paying more money to chinese botnets instead of supporting American companies like Apple.

Pooinloo

Attached: 57311679-FCFE-46EF-9597-EC629AA443DC.jpg (2312x1156, 853K)

i have a motorola phone

Android, I like being able to plug in my device to transfer files.

my apple iphone 5c lasted me 2 years. my galaxy s7 lasted me 2 years too. my current phone, isn't that good but works fine and is cheap. not going to say what it is.

Android phones are better as long as they aren't made by LG.
Fuck LG.

Or Samsung.

Android 'cuz Im not a manlet

The Apple iPhone XS is my phone of choice. I'm gay btw, if that matters.

Please help me Jow Forumsoys, the iPhone X is unironically looking pretty attractive and I forget why I love Android every time I look at one. I promise I'm not an Applel shill, I feel retarded for thinking an Applel product looks good in any way, shape or form.
The color calibration is fucking perfect and the display has no chin, but I haven't used iOS or Applel's products since owning an iPhone 3GS on 6.1.

Attached: apple-iphone-x-bolt-mobile-sasktel-space-grey-front.png (1020x1200, 379K)

OH NO NO NO NO NO
AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1531354093121.png (929x725, 656K)

>when applel is forced to tell the truth
vs
>when applel hires their street shitters to shill their fruit trash

Apple- to get laid on weekends using facetime and iMessage, and snapchat(for dumb girls that dont want to see green bubbles in texts.)

Android- for weekdays (work,shitposting,and customizing and nerd Lineage bullshit.

they have pros and consbut Android is a bit more laggy than IOS tho , IOS just feels just smooth IMO.

both suck but I prefer iOS just because is more secure and iPhones have the CPU's on the market.
I hope they make a Linux phone that can compete with both Android and iOS.

I DONT GIVE A FUCK THEY ARE BOTH BOT NETS FROM MEGACORPORATIONS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: reeee.gif (680x680, 1.08M)

Just a reminder that Apple buys the press so they can talk wonders about their gadgets.

If a person had the opportunity to build his own desktop PC or get a cheap Thinkpad and put an IPS panel, having the option to upgrade the ram, battery and storage but decided to get a Mac which are expensive, doesn't give you the opportunity to upgrade or build your hardware and they're less powerful I don't think that's smart

Android because
>its 2014 + 4
>you still need a specific program to move transfer files to your windows PC

>s7 lasted 2 years
C'mon man even iphone 5c should lasted more than that

>using windows

Attached: 1537494615963.jpg (720x960, 117K)

Librem 5
Nvm I fixed it
If you have my problem just watch a few Louis Rossmann videos.

iToddler untermensch will defend this.

Attached: 1516007139658.png (667x976, 344K)

iOS for my work phone because I need my apps to work and commercial developers seem to be better at keeping their iOS apps stable and working compared to their Android counterparts.

Android for my personal phone so I can download and play animu all day while phone posting.

>using mac
>EVER
>using GNU/Linux
>you still need a program folk
I should be the one to puke on you

>using macOS

Attached: 1537494615963.png (720x960, 1.07M)

It doesn’t really matter in the long run. Apple will by Android phones out just like Windows bought Nokia a few years back and start installing iPhone OS to other phones like Samsungs automatically.

>using macos

Attached: 1544160766053.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

BlackBerry, better hardware and software.

>why?
Android because I prefer to have basic functionality like a file manager. Apple acts like you're renting the device, not owning it. Its disgusting.

My view on this is likely colored by the fact that I'm European. We're much more used to buying a phone & changing SIM/carrier isn't a big deal. Apple's market share in Europe is really low compared to the US where it's common to get the phone from the "carrier" on some kind of "plan". Americans seem much more willing to rent and lease things.

found the incel

If you buy a locked down Android device that's what you get.

>Android phones:
>last 1.5 years
And then what? They spontaneously turn off? Where are you even pulling this bullshit from? Not to mention this:
>Cost every 5 years = 3 phones @ $700 = $2,100

>iPhone because my needs are simple and I value my privacy immensely
You can't be serious.
warosu.org/g/thread/S68630621#p68630775

>both suck but I prefer iOS just because is more secure
>and iPhones have the CPU's on the market.
youtu.be/omto9Q-eS_Q
youtu.be/emPiTZHdP88

>Apple will by Android phones out just like Windows bought Nokia a few years back and start installing iPhone OS to other phones like Samsungs automatically.

Attached: 1542431395764.png (331x132, 40K)

>I prefer to have basic functionality like a file manager
For a PC maybe, but it's not a basic functionality for a phone, Android doesn't even have a file manager app by default

Android because there's no alternative, and even then installing a custom ROM is pretty much mandatory.

Apple. iMessage and their phones don’t perform like shit after 12 months.

I don't know. I strongly dislike both, though I use an Android phone at the moment. I've often wondered if I should have just gotten an iPhone instead.
Android vs iOS at this point feels like choosing between two evils, and looking at the software it seems like Apple might be the lesser evil, and everyone's copying the shitty parts of Apple's hardware anyway.

I miss using my Lumia 950.

Android because you can install applications that Apple won't greenlight in the App Store.
Self-signing requires a mac and requires you to re-install all applications every 7 days, which is just unusable.
Sure, you can buy a $100 developer license, but that only lasts for a year and updating still has to be done manually through a mac.

Android simply has a killer app for me: YouTube Vanced. Sure, iOS has CerCube, but since that is not in the app store, it's simply not usable.

>Android because you can install applications that Apple won't greenlight in the App Store.
This forever this.

though isn't there an anti-trust lawsuit in the EU about apple not letting you sideload apps happening right now? that whole blackmail of tumblr will probably be the straw to break the camel's back just like internet browsers did it for microsoft's monopoly on software.

I started using iOS like a year and a half ago, don’t think I’m switching anytime soon. I used a Nexus 5 before this. Fuck flashing ROMs because you want the best performance/battery life and fuck Android’s update cycle that only lasts 2 years. Right now I’m using an iPhone X and it’s alright. You can’t really customize your phone without a jailbreak but the phone is smooth as hell with good battery life

The only right answers ITT.
The day I can install a real linux distro without even using default spyloaders on my Pixel 2 will be a good day.

Symbian S60v5

Hopefully I'll be able to get a decent job by the time the Librem5 comes out. Assuming they'll even ship to my country.

Android because it still manages to have more useful stuff after rooting. Android becomes a pretty convenient system to use after that. iOS is for folks who want a no-nonsense system for basic tasks but are willing to pay more.

Android
Haven't used or owned an iPhone because I'm a poor faggot and my existence sucks.

Attached: 1481847432795.jpg (764x1024, 338K)

Symbian OS is best OS. Prove me wrong.

iPhones were better choice indeed
now they cost $1000 and more
fuck that, buy some chink huawei or LG with the same specs as iphone X for 350

>Android doesn't even have a file manager app by default
Are you literally retarded? Every manufacturer has their own implementation of it pre-installed.

>iMessage
>associating with people who care about chat app bubble colors
>and their phones don’t perform like shit after 12 months
Source on Android phones doing so? You don't have one since 32bit SoCs are nowhere to be found on devices released after 2016.

>Android vs iOS at this point feels like choosing between two evils, and looking at the software it seems like Apple might be the lesser evil, and everyone's copying the shitty parts of Apple's hardware anyway
For the thousandth time:
Also, there is no open source iOS, custom ROMs or microG equivalents for iOS. Yeah, it surely is the lesser evil.

>Also, there is no open source iOS, custom ROMs or microG equivalents for iOS. Yeah, it surely is the lesser evil.
This may come as a surprise to you, but not everyone is interested in spending hours upon hours looking for the right ROM and gapps package, and especially not when it 9/10 times comes with the cost of limited functionality.
I went through that phase with my previous Android devices already, and frankly I don't want to rely on a fickle community to do the manufacturer's job anymore.

Yeah great. When even a paid shill and a pseudo tech guru like Linus can do it, everyone can. And only the initial process could take an hour.
youtu.be/BsHtfLh6azw

Can is wildly different from want, user.

>Android doesn't even have a file manager app by default
I think this was true for devices that were 1) old as fug and 2) from chink manufacturers or google
every samsung I've seen has one built in and android GO even bundles one that tries to save space by telling you to delete old shit
not a very good argument considering default file managers exist only so you can install f-droid.apk and then grab ghost commander AKA the only way to manage files on a phone without going insane

>own implementation
That’s not by default then, that’s a Manufacturer/Firmware customisation sweaty. If it doesn’t have a file manager when you compile Android from source, it’s not built in

>If it doesn’t have a file manager when you compile Android from source, it’s not built in
>word games
Yeah because everyone compiles AOSP from source, right? Jesus fuck...

youtu.be/co78iXr0toM
And there are file managers even on Android One devices, which are almost entirely barebones AOSP.

Why are we arguing about whether or not Android stock ROMs have a baked in official google file manager when it takes a fucking minute to put a file manager in there back when it was 1.6?

I legit don't understand this comparison. Do you iOS people understand what opening up the store and installing an app is? Of course you do. It takes nothing nowadays. Hell you can have all sorts of file managers. You can modify system files and do all sorts of crazy shit. It took you generations to have a file manager. A turbo normalfag like my friend with her iToy needs me to check shit on PDF files for her because Safari is a piece of shit that doesn't let her just open a link to one of those. Like fuck me, you're setting standards that you wish your devices ever met.

You mean assuming it ever comes out. The current devkit is a bulky piece of shit that can't even shut down properly. I have no idea how they expect to turn that into a working phone within a year.

Well shit, is there any other alternative on the market/in development

0.05 ILS has been deposited into your Apple wallet

I just recently switched over to Android from Apple. I went from the iPhone 6s to the Pixel 3 and so far the transition has been pretty smooth. I was able to import most of my apps and data from my iPhone. The biggest change for me was getting used to the different notification systems. Overall, I'd say I'm enjoying the Android experience over IOS. My iPhone had terrible battery life and it would drain from about an hour of light browsing. My too biggest peeves about the pixel though are it's lack of audio jack and the fingerprint scanner. The former isn't too big of an issue for me since I plan on getting a pair of Bluetooth earbuds for them. My issue with the fingerprint scanner is that it doesn't always recognize my fingerprints about 50% of the time. I do like swiping down on it to bring up the notification center and the squeeze to bring up the assistant is neat. Overall though, I'm happy with my switch to Android.

Can Sailfish be an option?
also by 2020 or sth idk can Windows 10 Andromeda be an option?

i would switch to android if there was an imessage app

Attached: 759FBAA7-BE35-49D0-91B7-6C9A17B00EE8.jpg (1125x1733, 168K)

Android is an OS, Apple is not.
Go. Away.

i take the bait and reply to a shill thread

> buy any android phone
> install custom rom and custom kernel
> install fdroid instead of gapps
> you now have a fast phone with great battery life and with minimal botnet if any and it just works for years
> you can modify permissions for any app
> you can use lucky patcher to crack any app or just simply google for an apk (inb4 russian botnet)
> you can install a custom recovery

can you do this with your $1000 iShit? don't think so but you can take it to the apple store and pay another few hundred bucks when basic shit like bluetooth stops working at all for no reason. top 10 planned obsolence.

Hindroids on suicide watch

Apple when it comes to phones.
I mainly work with my phone, so the most important part is being able to start and receive calls and access to emails at all times. Camera is a less important but useful function.
Had a bad experience with a Galaxy S2, next time I moved to an iPhone 5s, have it to this day, never had any bad experience and it is a reliable tool for my work.
Recently got a Samsung A7 for my mom, and looking through it would frustrate me to no end. I knew Android as an open platform but the most recent variation is as closed as Win10 and even more annoying. I am staying with iOS, that is for sure.

My Galaxy s9 still has microlag irregular sluggishness thanks to pajeetdroid. After sticking with Android since the HTC desire I think I'll try iPhone next.

>in development
The Neo900, which will literally never be released.
>on the market
If you take a Replicant-supported device and cut all of its microphones off you can start to approach non-botnet territory. Nobody does that, though, and it's hardly an ideal solution.

All of the Android devices, even top models do the same, they work okay the first time then a week after they get an update where they develop various shitty annoying bugs and those will never get fixed. My S2 was a top model at the time and after a month it started doing irregular lags, half a year later it started doing 20-30s hangups when I got a call or started the phone app to start a call.
My uncle's S4 gives random calls from time to time without getting close to the device, not a simple pocket call.
You will love the iPhone after these shitty things, see

android is an operating system, apple is a religion

>iPhones have the CPU's on the market.
What did he mean by this guys

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 39K)

Apple but it's going downhill fast. Android is and has always been garbage though, so I don't know wtf I'm gonna do for my next phone.

Android. It costs 1/5 of the price and does the same things.

Smartphones are built to be addictive, they just waste hours of your life away everyday.
Also muh free software

Android uses Linux kernel

I switched to android in 2012 because it delivered fully on the promise of a computer in my pocket while my iPhone still felt like a toy. Also 1080p screens and amoled YEARS before applel

I've had my android 3 years, two years longer than any of my family have had their longest lasting iphones