Is Rust better than Go? I've spent exactly 30 minutes studying each and methinks Rust is better

Is Rust better than Go? I've spent exactly 30 minutes studying each and methinks Rust is better.

Attached: a04c95d9b1578b0b6b2acf3a014916a1.png?e=1545743413&m=xdyVsumJZJGja0SflKrm4Q.png (715x1010, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

astaxie.gitbooks.io/build-web-application-with-golang/en/02.1.html
talks.golang.org/2013/oscon-dl.slide
tvdw.eu/blog/2015/01/24/implementing-a-tor-relay-from-scratch
youtube.com/watch?v=4t1K66dMhWk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The only thing I've found better in Go are builtin profiler and tracer tools

every language has pros and cons. Go is easier to learn, rust is faster and has a better type system, but can be intimidating for beginners

The impression I have is that Go is basically a library that pretends it is a language. Rust is an alternate C++ with no real reason to exist.

rust is just c++ without all the stupid legacy c shit it inherited

Yes

Why do people make these comparisons? Rust and Go have nothing in common.

Depends on whether you prefer a community of trannies or a community of morons.

>shut-in anime fag
>instantly thinks rust is better

but with 'a tons of new stupid shit

Both are trying to become the systems language for the 21th century.

Just use ATS or Ada if you want the meme safety Rust fails to properly deliver, otherwise use C++

Go is new Java/Python, Rust is new Haskell
Or Go is language useful in which things are done, Rust is for internet points and circlejerking

Go has a mandatory GC. It's utterly unsuitable for systems programming.

Trannies are cute, sassy and cool.

And fail catastrophically at it.

They aren't really comparable but no not at all. Rust will never amount to anything.
Go is not a systems language nor is it trying to be. It has garbage collection.

Go is great for backend, it's like python-lite

>I spent 30 minutes studying each and I came to a conclusion already

m8

C + Go + Python
I don't see Rust here

>Go is not a systems language
Yes it is.

astaxie.gitbooks.io/build-web-application-with-golang/en/02.1.html
talks.golang.org/2013/oscon-dl.slide

Go's a systems _administration_ language

Attached: 1520889888752.jpg (573x619, 30K)

webdev ain't systems programming no matter what google tells you.

wtf is your point, I don't see any evidence of a kernel or operating system or drivers or software for embedded systems written in go in any of those links.

tvdw.eu/blog/2015/01/24/implementing-a-tor-relay-from-scratch
>In the end, I concluded that while Go is an amazing language, it’s not that good if there is C code in performance critical loops, if you have to deal with lots of connections, or if you have a lot of data flowing between goroutines. For most projects these restrictions are not an issue at all, but in my case I hit all three.

t. Badoo chink

In my opinion, Rust is much more worth learning. It is lower-level and can do more. People are making OSes with Rust, as far as I know, Go cannot do that.

There is less of a place for Go, as Python and Ruby and Nodejs etc exist. Rust however actually serves a purpose which is to do gnarly low-level stuff with high performance and without the glitches and vulnerabilities that writing gnarly low-level code in C leads to.

It very obviously is.
Rust focuses on type safety, runtime performance, static checks, power macros letting you actually generate tailor-made code for things like json (de)serialization with unparalleled performance while also being abstracted, easy to write and safe. The macro system was so powerful that language features like async and await could be created entirely in them and the only reason they are deciding to implement them in the language as operators is because it looks a bit nicer.

Go? Go focuses on... iunno. Large executables with a garbage collected runtime and losing type safety as soon as an interface or container is part of your program. Also having horrrible containers in general. Arrays and slices are fucking cancerous and even basic operations like deleting an element force you to remember shit like copy(a[i:], a[i+1:])
a[len(a)-1] = nil
a = a[:len(a)-1] or copy(a[i:], a[j:])
for k, n := len(a)-j+i, len(a); k < n; k++ {
a[k] = nil
}
a = a[:len(a)-j+i] every time because nobody thought of just making that part of the standard library.

The rust language itself offers nothing new and is poorly implemented. So what's left besides marketing wank and the community full of shills who harass everyone.

Attached: Go Lang _ Oh No, It's Retarded _ Know Your Meme.png (800x800, 178K)

>The rust language itself offers nothing new
what is fun?

Go is poor as object oriented language
Go is poor as data-driven language
Go is poor as functional language
Go is poor as imperative language
Go is poor as high-level language
Go is poor as low-level language
Go is poor as high performance language
Go is poor as scripting language
I've only heard complains on Go from people actually building serious network servers

I have no idea what area is Go supposed to target

so is dlang but without and you can get its frontend for gcc now.

a buzzword

imagine being so dumb

I think Erlang or Elixir is a better comparison to Go (of which Erlang/Elixir is better), and Rust is better compared to C++, of which I am not sure who wins.

this

C is faster
kys now you dumbfuck monkey nigger

merry christmas

>what is fun?
sex.

They're both different language imo.
Rust is basically like C but with a safety fence.
Go feels like the aborted baby of C and Python.

I hate both of them.

Yes, rust is better than go.
It is faster.
It has generics.
It has no GC.
It has macros.
It is better for writing safe, concurrent code.

I don't know why you Mozilla employees bother making these threads anymore. Rust will die with your shitty company.
>legacy
>old thus bad
Rust is retarded and redundant

What would it looked like in C?

C is only faster if you autistically optimize the fuck out of it, and your code will only be really fast on one architecture. Also you're guaranteed to write memory bugs. Guaranteed.
Rust is plenty fast. Don't be a troglodyte.

Use C for application programming and Go for back end web stuff. Avoid Rust.

rust doesn't even have channels built into the syntax, they took it out

what a joke

why does that need builtin syntax though. why can't that just be a lib

youtube.com/watch?v=4t1K66dMhWk

dont use go
dont use rust

learn c++ while you wait for jai

>Go

Attached: 1535908449861.png (997x315, 37K)