QBittorrent 4.1.5 is out - Celebrate Christmas by dumping uBotnet!!

macOS: Support for Mavericks (10.9) was dropped due to usage of Qt 5.9. qBittorrent v4.1.5 should be able to work if you compile it with Qt 5.8.

>FEATURE: Add checking_mem_usage option to AdvancedSettings (FranciscoPombal)
>FEATURE: Save torrents queue in separate file. Now a new file named 'queue' is created, saving on each line the infohash of each queued torrent in sorted order. (glassez)
>BUGFIX: Fix regression on resuming torrents without metadata (thalieht)
>BUGFIX: Reorder and rename Tracker list context menu option (Thomas Piccirello)
>BUGFIX: Rename Tracker List columns (Thomas Piccirello)
>BUGFIX: Show error message when Session failed to start (glassez)
>BUGFIX: Embedded tracker: Use ip parameter from tracker request if provided (Chocobo1)
>BUGFIX: Fix weekday names translations (Chocobo1)
>BUGFIX: Fix strings not translated (Chocobo1)
>WEBUI: Change qBittorrent exit message to HTML5 (Chocobo1)
>WEBUI: Revise CSP header (Chocobo1)
>WEBUI: Enforce referrer-policy in WebUI (Chocobo1)
>WEBUI: Add torrent name filtering to WebUI (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Send numeric status without translation (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Add WebUI Trackers context menu (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Add DHT, PeX, and LSD to WebUI Tracker list (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Add additional Tracker columns to WebUI (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Bump Web API version
>WEBUI: Fix display bugs in WebUI Files tab. Remove WEBUI: Fix incorrect priority value sent from WebUI (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Set priority for multiple files in one WebAPI request (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Match WebUI Peers table column order to GUI (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Fetch data less frequently when torrents tab isn't visible (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Add Search tab to WebUI (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Add ability to pass urls to the webui download page (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Fix JavaScript error (Tom Piccirello)

qbittorrent.org/news.php

Attached: 1492182953365.png (340x340, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qt_(software)
torrents.fedoraproject.org/
virustotal.com/#/file/da42e4d2b88d5dde8005742e640474bf4e136c85926d65f3690075f4477547a5/detection
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>WEBUI: Disallow setting a blank alternative WebUI location (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Add slow torrent options (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Add "Use alternative Web UI" option (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Add "Apply rate limit to peers on LAN" option (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Add email "From" option (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Set WebUI download options using set preferences (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Show list of categories on WebUI download page (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Hide WebUI text input for custom monitor save locations (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Add "When adding a torrent" options (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Add WebUI Auto TMM options (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Add speed limit icons to WebUI Speed options (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Add WebUI Random port button and proxy unencrypted password notice (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Replace WebUI Options fixed-width labels (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Reorder WebUI options to match GUI (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Allow WebUI sidebar to be collapsed (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Show ellipsis when WebUI sidebar is too narrow (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Fix WebUI bug on override of Start Download option.Closes #9855. (Tom Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Fix missing words in WebUI (Chocobo1)
>WEBUI: Add SameSite attribute to WebUI session cookie (Thomas Piccirello)
>WEBUI: Put WebUI security related options into a groupbox (Chocobo1)
>WEBUI: Add option for WebUI Host header validation (Chocobo1)
>WEBUI: Show icon in WebUI sorted column (Thomas Piccirello)
>RSS: Keep track of REPACK/PROPER downloads. Closes #9898. (Stephen Dawkins)
>SEARCH: Only instantiate SearchPluginManager as needed (Thomas Piccirello)
>MACOS: Make file icon look like other macOS icons (Nick Korotysh)
>MACOS: Save option to start minimized in Mac (thalieht)

I can confirm, the stalled meme is just that, a meme.

STALLED

No it wasn't but it's getting better.

Yeah, six months ago the stalled meme was real but in the recent updates it just a meme

It happened to like less than 10% of users but now it's like 1 or 2%. They are slowly fixing the libtorrent backend to be more aggressive and have less latency.

the true patrician choice is transmission-daemon enabled through your system's init/service manager and controlled through your choice of frontend client

Attached: transmission-torrent.jpg (700x400, 54K)

>the true patrician choice is transmission-daemon enabled through your system's init/service manager and controlled through your choice of frontend client
this is true but most people should just opt for qBit because they will never set up Transmission that way.

But qbt is comfier

>they will never set up Transmission that way.
its easy senpai
>But qbt is comfier
wrong.

qbittorrent-nox

What the fuck is this autistic shit?

Worth noting that qBittorrent actually fixed the "if you start the client with files missing it will just start redownloading everything without prompting you" annoying behavior that was around for a while. Was a few months ago but I didn't realize it until yesterday so figured I'd mention it for anyone else who has been super wary of this accidentally happening like I've been since switching.

Qbotnetorrent is trash

>a piece of software that takes 200MB of ram just to display the message "stalled" on a progress bar
lmao

This is the one thing that annoys me after switching from uT, qBit definitely wastes a lot more RAM, but eh I had a lot to spare anyway and it was a pain to switch to it in the first place when trackers started blocking uT so it'd be a pain to switch back now and then worry about it again. Plus despite the minor inconveniences it is good to be on a client that will be updated occasionally rather than a dead one

>being this retarded

>mostly WEBUI fixes

Attached: wow-its-fucking-nothing-248x300.jpg (248x300, 18K)

I use transmission and qbittorrent and never had a stall on either
I did have a stall on utorrent when I actually used that trash

I used to get a lot of problems seeding before I set disk caching to auto. This was a while ago though not sure if it's been fixed but I've just left it there ever since. Consumes more memory this way but I'm rarely running out of RAM anyway so w/e

Is there still no way to set a subsort/secondary sort for your torrents list?

Bugs me that I can't sort by category and then by name for example. Most apps let you just shift or ctrl click the second column you want to sort on to do this but qBit seems to think that if I'm sorting by category my torrents should be displayed in completely random order within that category which is kind of annoying.

I mean there are other ways to find stuff sure, like using the search bar (that actually works, gotta give that one to them, the useless search bar in uT annoyed me for a long time) or clicking a category in the sidebar and then changing the sort to w/e, but still think it would be nice if I could set multiple sort levels from the start.

>I don't use it therefore nobody else does

>Caught signal: SIGSEGV
What did they mean by this

Attached: qbittorrent-crash.jpg (1697x693, 538K)

>I did have a stall on utorrent when I actually used that trash
himmm

>iToddlers
>compiling something
Heh...

not an argument

I have to say I'm quite surprised by all the hate this gets on /g. I've been using this for years unaware of how much you guys hate it and never had any problems.

well, I have, see
for an example of what typically happens after a while.

I just compiled the fancy new v4.1.5 - perhaps it's better than the 4.1.2 shipped with my distro but I don't have high hopes of it being able to run for very long without crashing. And it does crash for quite a lot of people, that's really apparent from the github's bugtracker: Every time I get a crash and go there to post a backtrace I find that there's already an issue open with 10+ identical backtraces.

Attached: qbittorrent-compiled.jpg (1780x1398, 730K)

The issue I've had with it is that qBittorrent doesn't seem to shut down correctly. Whenever I want to shut down my PC, and I've shut down qBittorrent a few minutes before that, Windows tells me that qBittorrent is still running and it has to wait for qBittorrent to shut down. It's the most annoying shit ever. No other software does this to me.

>he doesn't run transmission on his router

>he doesn't run transmission on his NAS

no

>using qBitstalled
LOL

Attached: 1545059476495.jpg (3264x2448, 415K)

Nice.

Not that I have any plans on switching from uTorrent 2.2.1, but I certainly don't mind seeing qB move towards a feature set that competes.

I was supposedly fixed a few months ago, but I still have this problem as well
It only shuts down properly if I start it with all torrents paused and I don't upload/download anything while it runs

Are you using a proxy as well?

>botnet
retard alert

Fuck, I have 10.9 on my old iMac. It'll run Lion, but it's slow as fuck, and I really do not relish lifting the fucking glass out to get at the spinner to replace it with an SSD.

>It only shuts down properly if I start it with all torrents paused and I don't upload/download anything while it runs
interesting

Didn't qBittorrent used to be able to shut down?
How do you get to version 4.0 in any software and fuck that up?

Attached: 474732133_344f5adb2a.jpg (309x309, 41K)

Look up how to access the HDD on an early 2008 iMac if you'd like to know why I'm bitching.
I legit thought it was a joke at first.

umm, I think you're in the wrong thread

it's still shit
stop makng these threads
go away

based

who is this Stalled? what does he want?

>FIXED: Stalling despite there being multiple trackers in the list with seeds
>FIXED: Rechecking of trackers in tracker list
>FIXED: Dialog closing when torrent changes state because a file was ticked
>FIXED: Popup about another shitty update preventing program from starting in background

Unless these are fixed this garbage piece of shit software will never come close to beating uTorrent.

Yeah, nah. Try using your fucking eyes.

kek

>Didn't qBittorrent used to be able to shut down?
it always had this issue

What version of libtorrent should I compile against?

The latest duh

sex

>he doesn't run TRANSmission on his smartwatch

nice

>I have to say I'm quite surprised by all the hate this gets on /g.
because in every thread there's some retard qbittorrent dev who shits on everyone who thinks this isnt the best client ever

utorrent downloads my video games faster than qstall does

why not utorrent 2.2.1?

Attached: McLovin-Cover-Photo-Now.jpg (710x370, 56K)

This.

>FEATURE: Has everything you need in a torrent client
>FEATURE: Has zero faults.
>FEATURE: Just works.
>BUGFIX: All taken care of seven years ago.

has known vulnerabilities and qbt just works

*zero known vulnerabilities
And qBit can't even shut down properly.

>And qBit can't even shut down properly.
works on my linux machine

Good. So you're, what, torrenting free software with that?
I thought Linux had repos.

anime

NOT USING THAT TRASH UNTIL YOU CAN DISPLAY A SIMPLE AS FUCK FLOATING BAR FOR EACH DOWNLOAD IN YOUR DESKTOP, LIKE UTORRENT.

I haven't updated since v3.3.16

what does q stand for

I switched over when the last big scare happened and trackers started banning it. Not worth the effort to switch hundreds of torrents back now only to worry about such a thing happening again some day.

Why would you want that

>what does q stand for
qt, the framework it's built on

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qt_(software)

ideally the latest which is 1.1.10 but the requirement is just
libtorrent-rasterbar >= 1.0.6
and I compiled it against 1.1.9 just fine. You can likely just use whatever libtorrent devel package's available for your distro.

actually, yes. While it's not primarily what I do with the client I do download distro ISOs as torrents. They are usually really well seeded so torrents.fedoraproject.org/ is also an easy way to check if a torrent client will fill whatever bandwidth limit you have or not.

>let me tell you what you want

WHY THE FUCK WOULD I WANT TO OPEN THE FUCKING PROGRAM WHILE I DO OTHER STUFF WHEN I COULD JUST CHECK IT FAST AT THE CORNER OF THE SCREEN, FUCK YOU ALL WITH YOUR TERMINAL AUTISM

Is there a search-engine-only version of qbit? It's the only feature I like over deluge.

i can't update since last time i updated it wouldn't download from private trackers and i needed my animes. stuck on 4.1.3

Stalled

Excuse me?

Attached: image.png (315x338, 59K)

1.8.5 is usually the recommended 1.8.x version.
I don't recall there being any major issues with any of them, though.

adware

It does do a good job advertising itself, doesn't it? People just won't stop talking about how good it is.

source code?

virustotal.com/#/file/da42e4d2b88d5dde8005742e640474bf4e136c85926d65f3690075f4477547a5/detection

What is this "stalled" meme? Been using qbittorrent for a few years now and have never had any issues with it.

Compare it to a real client some time.

people who's too dumb to configure qbittorrent can't get proper download speeds

Give me 1 (ONE) reason to ever use anything other than 2.2.1 on windows and rtorrent in unix based machines

Nobody needs to convince you

It's what shows when you try to download a torrent with no seeders, people freak out because of the word I guess