4:3 screen

why did they completely stop manufacturing 4:3 screens?

Attached: r5vsbaios3211.jpg (3968x2976, 730K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/bg/business/p/dell-e1715s/pd
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because MUH MOVIEEEEES

Because they're awkward and have no target use case.

why not?
lets say 1600x1200 resolution, thats great for programming while 1920x1080 is worse for the same purpose

flip your 16:10 screen sideways

Text is displayed horizontally, not vertically. With 4:3 I always have to make unnecessary newlines. Plus on 16:10, there's lots of space for widgets like file explorer and perf monitor.

usually when technology improves, the old crap ceases manufacturing.

>Text is displayed horizontally, not vertically.
>With 4:3 I always have to make unnecessary newlines.
ah, so YOU are the one who writes all this shitty code with 120+ characters on a single line
i would tell you to neck yourself but its christmas

No, I'm the one who uses size 23 text and needs all the space.

sorry for suggesting you to self-terminate your process then user, but what in the god-forsaken fuck do you need 23 font for?

4:3 is limited to 480p and 30fps resolutions while modern viewers demand much much more.

To balance out the information on the screen. Text is my main focus and everything else fits around it.
Plus, I enjoy smoother fonts.

im not really sure what you mean
is it like an ide thing?
i havent used one in years so im not sure what they have been doing with them

i mean, this is how my work computer is set up (pic)
im not at it right now for a screenshot, but i made a mockup here
its a custom linux install without x included
not sure if your a windows or unix-like guy, but basically that means i dont have a gui - text mode only

1280x1024 resolution with 8x16 character cells, so the screen fits 160x64 characters
the left half of the multiplexer has an effective character resolution of 80x63, which is good because most code format standards usually specify a maximum line width of 79 or 80 characters
the two programs in the right side of the multiplexer have a character resolution of 79x62, which is already more than enough for what they are used for

i could afford to reduce the width of the right half of the multiplexer, but i honestly dont feel the need to
so long as code follows a proper format specification, any width greater than 80 characters is generally excessive

Attached: workspace.png (1280x1024, 39K)

Attached: 6.png (780x428, 132K)

??

Attached: 41BCD484-E728-4138-A173-08C549140762.jpg (750x718, 396K)

3:2 is the best overall

its because of dumb DVD aspect ratio that crossed over to bluray.

16:9 is a fucking shit aspect ratio it should be wider or more square. thankfully it finally seems to go that way and hopefully in the future we will get 4:3 screens again in laptops which makes sense and the only wide screens you can get will be like cinema ratio not stupid dvd ratio trash.

that's what the 4 and the 3 in 4:3 stand for.

1/8 bait

4:3 makes no sense on a laptop. look at your keyboard and how long it is.

I'm using a 4:3 sAMOLED screen with a resolution of 2048x1536 right now. :)

pic
model & brand
price

Blu-Ray tier video is enough, really. Anything higher is a meme to sell hardware.

It's a Galaxy Tab S3. It was about 650 EUR.

I can’t even use 16:9 laptops. Just look disgusting.

they didn't, you can still buy them for thousands because they are designed for medical use

Attached: MDRC_2221 front landscape onwhite jpg.jpg (800x550, 48K)

Fuck off

they make mini 4:3 monitors for point of sale use.

they still make cheap ones for PoS/industrial applications and office drones
dell make them too
dell.com/bg/business/p/dell-e1715s/pd

Attached: hot-sale-high-resolution-1024-768-with.jpg (800x800, 53K)

True facts

Because with a wider screen they can thruthfully sell the screen as a bigger "classic" inch size while it actually has a smaller surface area.

No one knows. I'm proud to say I have NEVER owned a 16:9 monitor.

4:3 is just 16:9 but with more vertical space

reminder that the maximum extents of the human field of vision have roughly a 4:3 ratio. if you are for some reason shilling against 4:3 you are a silly retard and have no excuse

>reminder that the maximum extents of the human field of vision have roughly a 4:3 ratio
Maybe if you were born with a single eye and are very near-sighted

Yeah it's unfortunate my eyes are locked in the socket, can't move and my head has to sit in a brace to remove head movement while I use my PC. I'd love to be able scan a wider FOV.

4:3 is just so good, I mean if I can't move my head or eyes and everything must be held inside a box in the center of my vision it should at least be 30% wasted to UI elements!

maybe you can't see past your caveman brow and jewish nose. the average person with two healthy eyes sees about 4:3 but it's in no way square.

Widescreen doesn't add screen space, it chops it away. It should be called lowscreen.

It doesn't matter what your solid perceptive vision is. There are things on screen you want to see but not all the time in focus, secondary shit, UIs, etc. To have all that squished into 4:3 you're losing the primary target you're looking at, or tabbing through other windows.

it's not fucking squished though is it -- it's expanded. a game filling your entire effective vision is good.

i see 21.9

>Widescreen doesn't add screen space, it chops it away

Fucking retarded argument, you're just creating an endless resolution arms race.

>Bro just make your 16:10 taller so it's 4:3, it's just a cut off aspect anyway!
>Man that new super tall 4:3 you made could also just be wider for even more monitor
>Wow nice IMAX monitor bro but if you add some more on top to make it 4:3 you get even more space!

It is absolutely cramped up, even a relatively smaller UI software I use regularly like MODO is going to give me a smaller viewport due to the UI being pushed toward the center.

16:9 is just 4:3 with more horizontal space

seek the advice of a general practitioner

well we already had a lowscreen arms race

>add some more on top to make it 4:3 you get even more space
as if anything would be wrong with 1:1 monitors

>It is absolutely cramped up
maybe the fucking UI was designed around widescreen though you retarded cunt tosser

1:1 is just 2:2 but with no more or less horizontal or vertical space