This is the end... my only friend, the end

This is the end... my only friend, the end.

Attached: Screenshot_20181221-134431.png (1360x2048, 742K)

AJJAJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJAJAJJAJA

To be fair even though nvidia is down for it's own reasons, so is everybody else for general economic fuckery.

It's just a healthy correction

>nobody wanted to buy an RTX $2080
>basic economics just kicked in yo
High end PC gaming is kind of too dead to justify this kind of pricing. Nobody wants to pay that kind of money for experimental features that may or may not stick around.

nVidia should look for ways to make its AI division more profitable than asking gamers to subsidize them.

Attached: 1475331773963.png (552x543, 358K)

Ahh, memories of 3dfx start to re-surface..

I think you have it turned around. 3dfx died because it kept screwing around on side projects. nvidia is flounding BECAUSE it needs its side projects to succeed. What vidya on the market is justifying the purchase of 2080s? Most PC games chug today due to lazy devs, not bleeding edge pixel pushing.

Attached: 1409980003639.png (123x145, 49K)

Maybe these tech companies will actually start making good products again

3dfx died because they came too late to the T&L party, and their most expensive model (Voodoo 5?) was pounded by the GeForce 256.

But yeah, bloody no-one needs a fucking 2080, it's literally a product for the 1% for whom budget is not a concern. Even most of those who could afford it, don't tend to spend money on some useless piece of tech when a model 1/4 of the price does just as well..

3dfx was also ahead of the curve in other areas. T and W buffers were essentially the basis for what became first gen shader tech. You're right that T&L was a sort point for them. The lack of general fill rate was the other thing that killed them as their VSA-100 chip just didn't scale at the rate they needed and a new design wouldn't be ready in time.

Their motherboard project sucked up a lot of resources. It would have been amazing if they were able to make it work, but the tech they were playing with clearly wasn't ready for prime time.

Matrox had enough sense to find its niche in the medical and professional imaging sectors. Trident went into TVs and never left. PowerVR got its reveng on Microsoft's DirectX antics by taking over mobile video for almost a decade.

Attached: 1429284779965.jpg (328x328, 50K)

Why should I upgrade, Jen-Hsun?
My second hand 1070 does great at 1080p, higher resolutions are a meme. Apart from the Yakuza ports and Doom Eternal there's zero games worth playing next year. It's the age of filthy casuals who play Fortnite and Overwatch.

What did they expect hiking the pricing by more than 50% each gen? These PC gamer fanboys can only afford so much.

Share holders were probably hoping price scaling would work like Apple's phones. What they don't understand is that people are willing to pay that because they ARE the main computing device of many people.

Whoa, it's like no one wants to be locked in by some rent seeking fucks who refuse to meet the cloud requirements people keep asking for.

>it needs its side projects to succeed
Nah, it's still vidya gpu company. All those memelearning gpus accounts for like 5%-10% of sales.

gaming industry is basicly stagnant of innovation cause nvidia pays well to implement gameworks
plus nvidia does all the job for the devs in that area..

that being said the only game currently pushing the graphics in general is star citizen and god knows when its going to get released since in mid 2019 its going to be a beta..

meanwhile nvidia cant even provide a better solution for the datacenter and workstation because their software grid still is based on x87 and uses only 2 cores..

its like amd waited for both intel and nvidia to just shoot themselfs on the foot and just use sneak lvl 100 at the right time

>Trumps increased government spending and less tax income slows the stock market
>LOL NVIDIA IS FINISHED XD
F*cking epic XD

so basicly nvidia lost all the earning they did in 2016-2017
good they overinflated anyways

Inb4 RTX 3000 with 5 more goyrays but thrice more the price.

Look at the chart, it looks worse than Bitcoin

It's just a healthy correction™

True, they did have some success with their Tegra platform. Their professional cards do bring in some money.

>gaming industry is basicly stagnant of innovation cause nvidia pays well to implement gameworks
I would blame Microsoft before nvidia. Sure gameworks locks devs in, but MS pretty much let PC gaming go to shit while they thought they were going to lock devs into their xbox platform. Using DirectX as upgrade bait fragmented the platform too hard. PC gamers aren't going to tolerate a massively Apple-fied service MS wants to push either.

Attached: sys_media_4325.jpg (1920x1280, 1.3M)

lol fucking poor doesn't uprage everytime theres new model

>stock swells because of crypto mania
>falls off a cliff after thats gone
Gee i wonder

>Ngreedia GPP wankery
>Overpriced RTX shit with minor bump over GTX 10x0 series
>Lootbox scandal (Star Wars Battelfront II)
>SJW diversity bullshit and game companies taking the piss out of their customers ('Don't but it then') BFV
>Shit performance (Assassins Creed Ox2, Fallout 76 and other buggy beta code released on buyers)
>Fortnite dominates the gaming landscape and does not need a fucking 1080 Ti in order to run at 60+FPS
People are wising up to Ngreedias shenanigans and the completely shit state of the game development industry.

>everything is blumpft's fault!!!1!!!1