Has anyone here ever had an internship or worked at Google?

Has anyone here ever had an internship or worked at Google?

Attached: Google_Interns.jpg (2000x1212, 523K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=93mREHxsV4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I used to until I got banned for saying nigger.

I few years ago I read that Google doesn't have a single black employee working in a purely engineering capacity anywhere in the entire company. Of the very few black employees they do have, there are a few who work doing QA but that's the closest to engineering they get.

It was my idea to remove the search box in Chrome.

they need more white men unironically

Antonio Inoki got an illegitimate kid working at Google.

Claiming the only white girl.

look at all that diversity

/oir pajeet/

thank you :)

I was an intern in their Sydney office for a few months.
Its literally like that meme with the white guy who writes all the code among the diversity hires

I'm white

Which diversity hire were you?

>calling yourself after a colour
>not calling yourself after your ethnolinguistical definition like an educated man

yes Jow Forums is full of proletarians and Americans. and mostly of uneducated proletarian Americans. Didn't you Know I am a violet striped golden guy

Fuck off ethno-nationalist nigger.

>calling anyone ever after a colour instead of using proper words

Go become a citizen of Iran or India and you can legally call yourself Aryan. Sounds better than calling yourself after the most fsggot thing possible which is white.

remember white is a mix of all colours so essentially anyone calling themselves white is worse than negroids or mongols. that's also the reason intellectual jews don't call themselves white.

based

me in the back middle groping the thot's ass

Be my guest; she looks like she's right on the brink of blowing up an extra 300+ lbs. I'll take the cutie Pajeeta in blue instead.
A Googler posted on Jow Forums not long ago and stated more or less the following:
- The vast majority of Google's engineering teams are overwhelmingly Asian (both piss and poo) and they do the majority of the grunt work. The few majority-white teams that exist are usually working on specialized niche products.
- Google's non-engineering staff are overwhelmingly white and pozzed. It's from these people that Google gets its reputation for being a leftshit SJW trannyfarm.
- You have to search hard to find a black person employed in a respectable capacity.

Wanting shitskin children
WEWLAD!

I can't accept having a fat wife, sorry.
>shitskin children
She's Caucasoid enough, our kids will be fine.

Yes.
They have too much money on their hands, which is why they get to spend it all on dumb shit (workplace amenities, retarded projects, etc.), and also why they have the time to dick around with gender issues and dumb social bullshit. They have tons of weird job titles and weird non-tech (but they still count as tech internally) positions.

"AH-HAH!" - you say. "At one point, there's going to be a shitstorm, right? Wall St will skip a beat, there's going to be some weird hack, some bubble will burst, or whatever, and Google will be forced to start terminating employees which will yield a downward spiral where there will be no more free haircuts and ice cream at HQ. Right?"
Wrong. Well, "maybe" would be my answer, because more than 50% of all Google employees are CONTINGENT, meaning they work for Google through other companies and Google can let them go at any time at a moment's notice, or as soon as their project is finished. Yes, 50% of Google's employees are on a time limited, temporary contract.

Attached: 1387845046715.jpg (3000x1688, 895K)

that kid 3rd from the right is literally rich chigga

lmao this is not true at all

I'm starting at google in feb. I can answer any questions about the application process and what happens after getting accepted, but I do not have any experience working there yet.

Kelsey Hightower?

Where and for what did you apply?
Any tips or advice?

I applied for software engineer new grad a few months ago, I interviewed for a position in mountain view.

Best possible advice is to request a chrome book for your onsite, if you already scheduled your interview without requesting one, when you show up just ask your interviewer and they will happily provide you with one.

Bring your laptop just in case the chrome book doesn't work. If the chrome book doesnt work, ask them if it is ok to code in a google doc and share it with them. Very likely they will say yes.

The biggest advantage you can get over other applicants is to not code on a white board. You will finish much faster, and you'll have plenty of time to shoot the shit with all of your interviewers.

The algorithms questions are much easier than you'd think, if you are doing leetcode hard/mediums and reading Cracking the coding interview in the weeks before your on-site you will be able to answer any question they give you easy.

Again, avoid whiteboarding at all costs, you will not lose points for using a laptop/chromebook. Have the balls to ask for it and they will happily provide you with one. You will answer the questions much faster, and you can focus on being "googlie". Your first priority is getting the right and most efficient answer, the second priority is having fun and keeping your interviewer entertained while you do it.

Once you get through the interview review committee or whatever its called, you go through team matching and then through final review. Do not worry about these, almost nobody get rejected at this point. Team matching is literally just filling out a survey about your interests, in the final review you do not do anything at all. Once final review committee approves you will get an offer

Another thing. On-site, you will have 2 real interviews, 1 off-the-record lunch meeting, and then 2 more real interviews.

During your lunch, ask as many questions as possible about google, find out everything and see which questions lead to interesting conversation topics. In your last 2 interviews, when you have time to spare after you finish you algorithms questions early and they ask you if you have any questions, ask them the most interesting questions from your lunch.

They really want to see that you are a cool/ethical guy who is passionate about the field and is very interested in the company, so if you can make really good conversation after you ace your algo problems you will get very very good feedback and very likely get hired

i hired an intern for 2019 summer

Thanks m8.

Attached: 1544013320434.png (1280x800, 583K)

>>code in a google doc
Why wouldn't you just use a regular code editor and sync your work to a repo that only Google has access to?

Coding in a google doc?
Writing code on a whiteboard?

Why do people insist on asking of such bizzare things for interviews, it proves absolutely nothing for your skill...just that you're so adaptable you could write code with ketchup on a napkin if you were asked to.

Are you planning on getting a dark tan just in case?
Or take drastic measures and wear a dress with a wig and calling yourself gender fluid?

Not really worried about this kind of thing

None of you will ever be able to work at google.
They know everything about you, so knowing that you visit this site, they will never let you work for them. Plus the things you google daily like "serial killers" will not help.

Attached: nice cat.jpg (540x540, 31K)

>hurr durr the only thing that matters is writing the code

They do not let you code in an environment that assists you in any way. So your only options are whiteboarding or coding in a plain text editor.

I know it is a realistic environment, but it seems that their focus on on weeding out poor performers rather than revealing good performers.

That just the way things are when you are interviewing at google, my advice is to avoid whiteboarding as its much easier to write code on a computer.

I know it is not a realistic environment*

The grapes sure are sour.

> the second priority is having fun and keeping your interviewer entertained while you do it.

Ah, so it's for chads only
it's over

Attached: pp.jpg (349x550, 23K)

Don't worry too much about this, they try really really hard to make sure you are comfortable and happy. So if you have social problems or whatever, just focus on enjoying the problem. If you want to work at google then you should enjoy doing these kinds of problems already. I know for a fact that at least one genuine diagnosed autistic person works at google.

If they hire you to write code, then yes.

Seems like it would do the opposite to me, reveal poor performers and wean out good performers.

it does both, google's hiring methodology is one that accepts rejecting good performers if that is the cost of rejecting poor performers. Rather than hiring in a way that ensures that they pick up every qualified applicant, their hiring practices lean more towards avoiding hiring unqualified applicants.

They hire you to develop software, not to write code. If you can't understand the difference, then you are a pajeet.

>If you want to work at google then you should enjoy doing these kinds of problems already.
Nigger I already work 60+ hours/week at my job, I'm not going to come home and study Leetcode whiteboard problems into the night like an undergrad incel soicuck. Fuck Google and every SV trans breeding shop for perpetuating these whiteboard style interviews.

I can not help you then. I applied 2 months after finishing my undergrad, and I didn't have a job so I plenty of time to study. Getting upset about the interview format will not help you if you want to work at google, but if you are working 60+ hours a week in a relevant field you're probably getting the experience you need in order to do well in these kinds of interviews so theres no need to worry

>Staff Developer Advocate
Can't get any more AA than that.

Attached: kh.png (463x226, 42K)

What about technical phone interview

The technical phone interview should be easier than any of your onsite interviews, mine was about as hard as an onsite interview though.

My best advice is to prepare for it as if it were an onsite interview.

Your recruiter will ask for your availability. You reply back with what dates/times work for you. Your recruiter will tell you what date/time they will call you. The interviewer will call you, give you a link to a google doc, and give you an algorithm question. Treat it like an on-site, it should be easier than a typical on site question unless you are unlucky

I suggest Cracking the coding interview and leetcode easy/mediums to prepare

>recruiter reached out to me
>super anxious about whiteboard/algo questions

Attached: 1536736254011.jpg (500x416, 20K)

This is Bullshit.

>I'm not going to come home and study Leetcode whiteboard problems into the night like an undergrad incel soicuck.
Avoid companies with a lot of Asians then. The more Asians a company has, the more likely you are to encounter interview questions like that. Asking G-loaded, IQ-test-like questions is an Asian cultural trait that has yet to come back to bite them in the ass because they haven't yet had their Griggs-vs-Power moment which ruled that giving these kinds of interview questions is illegal because it discriminates against black people (for whatever reason, it's a well studied and documented fact that black people do notoriously poorly on these types of tests).

Omg wow I know the girl in the center! We used to be co workers. She's really friendly! When was this picture taken?

>Google's PR department doing damage control on Jow Forums
Just admit the fact that Asians hate black people. No one's buying your muh-diverse-company bullshit.

lmao just go on linkedin and see for yourself dumbass

I'm not interested in looking at a bunch of "Staff Developer Advocate" profiles.

youtube.com/watch?v=93mREHxsV4E

He does front-end development. This is not engineering.

>software engineer
>not engineering
ok u win i give up

Passed the interviews, ended up going to Jane Street because fuck the nigger jews, straight jews are better, also Jane Street is pretty redpilled inside.

How's Jane Street interview and what do you work on?

What got your foot in the door? What does your resume look like?

>front-end
Yeah, I don't fucking think so. But I can understand why Google went out of their way to make an entire video on this guy; they're desperate.
By the way, there was a big scandal not long ago that made the news because the women were complaining that their salaries weren't as high as the men's. This was because the vast majority of female "engineers" are employed to do front-end work and it so happens that Google views front-end work to be less technically rigorous than back-end and hence the lower salaries.

my resume was not very good, I was a recent CS grad from a decent school with gpa above a 3.0

My resume consisted mostly of school projects. Thats all it really takes to get your foot in the door. I had to go through a recruiter screen where you answer an extremely easy online programming question (checked only for correctness, not efficiency), after that I was set for my technical phone interview.

The new grad position has pretty low barrier to entry I guess

It was much more difficult than any of the Google interviews, i worked on automatically generating Coq proofs. Afaik it's still used in their compiler.

Why is such a high level of intelligence necessary to push around other people's money?

its not

The dudes all look like Chernobyl babies.

is it the end of the world if I don't have any internships during college? are you saying that you can get a job with projects alone?

I had one internship before college with very limited relevant experience, and zero internships during my time in college. Do not worry about internships, as long as you get through your technical interviews these things will not matter.

Additionally I had absolutely no work experience whatsoever, google is my first job. Funnily enough I was rejected by almost every other company I applied to because of this, google didn't give a shit though.

God damn, is it a requisite to be ugly as fuck to work there?

I've seen other photos of Google's engineers; they've definitely got their fair share of monsters. It seems that the more difficult it is to pass a tech company's interview, the spergier its workforce appears to be. At least the girls in the photo are passable.

The girls are plain janes at best (the one furthest left)

It's not required to do the job, but fintech is much more competitive than Google's monopoly. Even tiny differences in skill translate to big differences in performance of the company, so they have naturally higher baseline on skill of their employees.
Some clueless feminazi gets lost doing terrible job in Google, getting thrown around their countless teams like a hot potato and nobody even cares about her 6 figure salary, but if you fuck up in Jane Street you'll immediately feel the pressure of getting replaced. People are lining up to get into fintech, and it's very hard these days to get in - you're competing with PhDs for internship for fuck's sake, unlike SV where you just have to be either not retarded, or not straight white guy.

azn girl on far left is a cutie