VINYLFAGS, I KNOW YOU’RE HERE

VINYLFAGS, I KNOW YOU’RE HERE

POST YOUR RECORD PLAYERS AND TELL ME WHETHER OR NOT YOU CONSIDER IT A GOOD PURCHASE

Attached: 3D97B4CA-C69A-4E17-AEE6-3493DD8144F9.jpg (500x500, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GNowLvmIPoo
youtube.com/watch?v=lzRvSWPZQYk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get on my level.

Attached: technics_sl-v5.jpg (300x417, 28K)

I have a At-50 or something. It’s adequate but I’d like to upgrade it.

Attached: B160C6B4-70B7-472A-A48F-30B68A44D371.jpg (4032x3024, 2.85M)

youtube.com/watch?v=GNowLvmIPoo

>he has the fake fireplace
get a real fireplace faggot

this. god damn phony

I've got this player, it's quite great. My only gripe is that it doesn't spin at a perfect speed, so it's slightly off. I barely notice it though.

Attached: download.jpg (326x154, 8K)

Not mine, but I have a Pioneer Pl 115d. It was definitely worth the money.

Attached: psdzhw0mm4grsxoar8aj.jpg (620x465, 85K)

I have a Pioneer PL-400. Going to call my local repair shop and ask for a quote on fixing its speed fluctuation. I can't figure out how to open it up and I'm afraid of fucking it up worse.

Why don't you faggots just buy CDs? At least they don't get worn out from repeated playback.

Attached: HeroJojoshII.jpg (101x93, 12K)

It's a basic piece of equipment but it's great for what it is. I love it.

Attached: Technics SL-Q350.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

OP here, i am a CDfag with over $1,000 worth of mint condition CDs. I’ve tackled that department, for now at least. I’d like to do the same with vinyl, and I own some records, yet own no record player

There's nothing wrong with enjoying a different format of media. CD and Vinyl both have their advantages and disadvantages, and both can be enjoyed together.

>I pay shittons of money for vinyls and players when I can get better quality by running Spotify

Attached: 1544817030881.png (590x529, 144K)

>streaming
>better quality
Why do you waste your time posting such untrue, stupid things

>spotify
>not lossless CD rips
Come on user.

Bet you're one of those poofters who think FLAC files make a difference.

Attached: 1533909290956.jpg (427x507, 44K)

>user finds out he's deaf after 30 years of living

In all truth FLAC is a bit of a meme when 320kps MP3s are just fine.

I really don’t take kindly to you coming in this thread and posting such horrible bait, so horrible that I just have to respond to point out how...stupid it is. You win user. Good job

Ok Ok I'll be honest that I just love to bait audiofags.
But on a serious note: The other day I ripped all my CDs to FLAC for archiving and then converted them to variable bitrate MP3s (they usually got around 270kbps max), but I couldn't notice any difference at all.

Attached: JoJosh_H1GB.jpg (103x103, 5K)

Sorry for shitty formatting. I couldn't notice a difference between the variable bitrate MP3 files and the FLACs.

How is the quality of vinyl compared to CDs? Seriously curious because I always kinda wanted vinyls

Grundig PS 4000 / Rebranded Philips AF-887.
Hell yes it was a good purchase. I got it together with its original preamp in exchange for turning some active speakers into passive ones.

Attached: PS 4000 2.jpg (4592x3056, 2.74M)

you won't notice if you're not paying attention clearly, but that's really just a cop out excuse. I can hear the difference between variable, 192kbps, 320kbs, and FLAC if I pay close attention to detail. besides, CDs shelf at 20,000Hz because that's the CD spec. FLAC or WAV is simply the highest quality you can rip CDs at.
As far as quality difference between CD and vinyl, CD is objectively better. CD is digital, and vinyl is analog. Vinyl has limitations by design.
>distortion as you get towards the center due to less material near the runout to add music to
>dust magnet, but can be mitigated by taking care of them
>prone to scratching easily
>mistakes in pressing can cause skipping or distortion
>mastering as harder compared to CDs, but both are easy to fuck up
>they're huge
>has I think between 50-70dB SNR

Went to a Technics SL-1210GR after seeing the other modern turntables were garbage in terms of build quality with any improvement mods included.

Was using a Onkyo CP-1050 black turntable previously.

As for cartridge I am using an Ortofon 2M Silver (very similar to the Red).

Attached: sl1210gr.jpg (1000x643, 90K)

fpbp

Found a Technics SL1200 MK2 in good condition at a thrift shop for $225. Built like a tank and sounds great to me.

It's more about the whole experience. Browsing records in the shop, pulling it from it's sleeve, setting it down onto the player, and giving it a quick dust. Then laying back to enjoy.

Meanwhile CDfags just slap it in and gobble up their sterile sound, skipping tracks they dislike. Full digital fags are even worse, lining up their favourite hits of coke to consume one after the other, completely disregarding an album as a whole.

Got lucky with that. There is a lot of modding potential there too.

>Replace old RCA cables with gold plate neutrik cables.
>Change out prone to break bulbs with LEDs (ideally blue) that are unlikely to fail for the different lighting features.

If the rest of the turntable is good than no further mods are likely needed.

Only obvious part to play with is the headshell and cartridge you want to use.

got a Fluance RT81 few weeks ago, The counterweight a bit finicky other then that its ok

Attached: 20181225_174220.jpg (2016x980, 493K)

>Change out prone to break bulbs with LEDs (ideally blue)

Cable management/10

Are you the guy who asked for turntable recommendations on /mu/, by any chance?

Retard

>TBP
Based

I have had it for 7 years or so and haven't changed out anything. I did have to fix the power switch though.

here we go again

what kind of output system do you use, ie speakers versus headphones, dac or no dac

youtube.com/watch?v=lzRvSWPZQYk

eBay an older model. You may want one that has USB out so you can record your albums. Audiophiles claim after you listen to an album once, the needle has altered the record so it will never sound 100% the same again. Its insane but probably worth it to record your albums anyway

Why dont I fill a usb stick up with opus tracks and flac backups and jam it into my ass so I can physically enjoy my music

$80 :)

Attached: file.png (400x250, 111K)

i bought a technics sl-23 for $5~
it was a decade ago but yeah i think it was a good purchase
i've bought/hoarded/sold probably 50~ or so turntables since then
kept the sl-23 (along with a few others i liked), have upgraded cart to an AT-440MLb

i can't tell what model that is, but you might want to blast pitch/speed controls with some contact cleaner, replace the belt and look for any internal pitch/speed pots under the plinth. test vinyl is a bitch to find secondhand, but if you can find an LP with a test tone on it it's ideal for calibrating with.

i've heard this goofy shit before and on some level it's correct (physical wear/deformation is occuring) but it's also dumb as fuck. if you're buying anything on an analog medium in 2018 with the intention of playing it once to digitize (and it's already available digitally) you're a bona fide jackass. old obscure shit or vinyl-only releases are different i guess, but goddamn

On the note of recording, I made a recording of my favorite album but left the equipment out when I went to bed so I could continue the next day. Apartment fire alarm went off at 4am. Its incredibly loud and jarring. I fucking stepped on and destroyed the player and record in the dark in a half-awake stupor.

the model is a sony ps-5550. I hit the speed and pitch controls already with contact cleaner, so my current suspicion is with the belt.

had to re-read this to understand that the turntable/adc/whatever weren't aflame
lmao why were you doing it on the floor, that's a damn shame

step up

Attached: SDC11777.jpg (768x1024, 382K)

maybe your dumb as fuck for buying digital music

some folks say belts only last around 5 years before you can expect pitch fluctuation etc, but hey I've got some JVC tt around with a 35+ year old belt and it seems fine so idk.

what is the problem though, does it run at the wrong speed or is it an issue of wow/flutter?

belt replacements can be a little imprecise, so that's why i was suggesting looking for pots under the plinth. dirty internal pots could be to blame for wow/flutter, or could help to adjust to the correct speed if the top/front controls aren't getting you there.

another thing you could try is disassembling the motor, cleaning old oil/gunk (turpentine works for me) and then lightly oiling with whatever approved lubes are out there (i usually use general purpose/sewing machine oil desu)

I have a u-turn. I am no expert but it has served me well for several years.

Sanyo TP-825DU direct drive. sounds awesome, hard to find and cost me $30. one of the best turntables I've ever owned.

very nice.

Attached: 5483938f4999bf7cf87fc086d4b3ac28[1].jpg (1000x750, 102K)

>Jow Forums

go back to mu retard

Crosley Stereo Turntable Sound System Cr66-pa Rochester

I would consider it a good purchase because I didn't buy it.

>actually wanting hiss, clicks, skips etc in your music
>actually paying more for it
vinylcucks are the worst. Even worse when they upload their shitty rips and don't label it correctly as a crappy distorted LP rip

AT-LP120
Good purchaze

>$1,000 worth of CDs
So... fifty CDs. Wow.

SL-1400Mk2
$50

Attached: JPEG_20181225_214628.jpg (2016x1134, 363K)

You either weren’t paying attention or not using good enough speakers/headphones.

To be fair, some albums seems to receive better mastering for their vinyl format. Sometimes you have to choose between vinyl pops and a shittier version of the album.

Rega RP1 and Gold-Ring 2100 cart
Mies i100 amp
Pioneer 22LR speakers
D-Box 300 sub

Attached: Current setup.jpg (2560x1440, 1.57M)

very comfy