/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>Previous thread

Attached: yande.re 503404 animal_ears bikini christmas girls_frontline headphones nekomimi sobmarine swimsuits (3000x2600, 2.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/qc35 hd600/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for beyers

reminder that stax is the true endgame

$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701

LOL, Stax shitphones are literally audiophool garbage

Attached: 1545721431085[1].jpg (745x480, 42K)

I want to sniff her feet

Stax incels on suicide watch lmao

Based user, doing god's work.

samefagging nostax incel on suicide watch, he will kill himself soon KEK
merry christmas

what did you purchase or receive for christmas, anons?

Attached: yande.re 424378 christmas feet pantyhose yom.jpg (1463x2048, 247K)

>t. triggered stax incel

based and reichpilled

Attached: katzendynamic.jpg (750x726, 38K)

Sony WH-1000XM2 still worth it?

Or should I go for the M3's. The differences don't seem that big to me and XM2 you can get quite cheaply now.

some cute headphone feet to fap to to

>soiny
no
only one japanese headphone brand is worth buying and it's stax

But Stax is a chinese brand lmao (and they sound like shit)

>t. triggered mick incel

How much better are L300LE than L300 with seal mod and padding?

25%

merry christmas!
i want an l300le and a hifimens arya

Attached: july.jpg (2194x1221, 2M)

Still garbage

>chifiman
*chinks*

yeah but theyre anime shills so its okay

Attached: 287aa15dae7f207dddeb4136572afd19.jpg (1811x789, 762K)

>what did you purchase or receive for christmas
mods gave us the gift of purging sapphire, merry staxmas to all!!!

Attached: umu.gif (250x250, 204K)

sapphire btfo

MODS = GODS

Got myself a kinky amp to complement my thx amp

>reporting sapphire's post for spam actually worked
fucking based mods

Modded L300 are arguably more neutral but the LE have much better imaging and soundstage, it really feels "holographic" for lack of a better word

>i want an l300le
do it I DARE you. land the finishing blow to sapphire-kun

I'm on the fence if I want to buy myself L300 limited or custom iems. Leaning towards ciems since I already own normal L300.

Also bless the mods, its truly a christmas miracle.

Attached: 1543532374765.png (500x375, 118K)

Merry fucking christmas

Attached: 1521609521584.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

reminder of law of diminishing returns. most people compare the unsealed L300 to the L700 and say the L700 is amazing. it's unclear how much of a difference there even is between a sealed L300 and L700

holy shit idoltrash is beyond suicide watch's help now
rest in piss

Isnt idol trash in Japan right now? What are you on about?

Stax do sound worse than any decent mid-fi headphones

$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701

Attached: 15456591310290.png (251x242, 114K)

Just a triggered stax incel hallucinating

>sapphire ban evading now

Attached: image.jpg (882x758, 271K)

Yeah, this is why I'm leaning towards ciem right now. I have L700 pads on my L300 right now and I have a good seal.

do not buy a CIEM without being able to audition it's universal variant first otherwise you are being scammed. also for you I still suggest you sell that hd660/lcd3 for the 007 and then sell your fostex amp to pay partially for a CIEM.

007 are even worse than 009, it means they will sound about as good as beats or other low fi headphones lmao

stop ban evading and take your licks like a man

>Budget
100-200 euros
>Location
Eastern Europe
>Source
Preferrably a pair that don't require an extra pre-amp
>Type
Full-sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
As long as it doesn't push so hard my ears hurt from use
>Sound signature
Neutral to warm
>Past headphones
Genius GHP-400A, got them for about $10, pretty good for their price

>t. triggered stax incel

haafee hd1 aliexpress

just get dt 770 and an used essence stx for your hardbass

>Budget
$200~
>Location
USA
>Source
Laptop computer
>Type of headphone
IEM
>Comfort level
Medium
>Sound signature
Neutral or bassy. Need something I can use for loud abrasive music and movies
>Past headphones
Shure SE-215

I need a replacement pair of IEMs for my broken SE-215s. I like them
enough to consider other options from shure. I've previously had
etymotics which I was disappointed in

BGVP DM6 or stax iems

I am doing it it's just a matter of when. I only buy things during ebay coupons/good deals so I don't lose anything if I need to sell them in the future so there isn't even any risk with stax. If I dislike them ill get my money back by selling them.Probably an srs3100 system instead of l300le though.
I hope for 2019, lots of change coming for me this year and I'm nervous but I may end up way better off.
I could get it much sooner if I resign myself to life with a GTX 760 instead of replacing it(my 980ti died). There isn't a single GPU right now worth buying outside of used RX 580s and I have a gsync monitor. was planning to sell my lcd2, hd6xx, and dt990 for a new gpu and keyboard stuff but i havent moved forward because there is no gpu i want. After gpu then comes new headphones/earspeakers

Attached: 1544573436072.jpg (567x567, 128K)

Buy Bose QC35ii now, or wait until next year for QC45 or the Beyerdynamic Lagoon?

>anc trash
don’t

>Beyerdynamic Lagoon
why

Attached: beyerifa18vladsavov6.0[1].jpg (1200x800, 149K)

in response to I want to say that we have given you a lot of shit in the past for erroneous reasons but I don't think anyone here dislikes you. you also got a lot of shit for being confused with sapphire who is also a harman shill
>I hope for 2019, lots of change coming for me this year and I'm nervous but I may end up way better off.
I wish you the best and merry christmas as well :)

I'm probably gonna sell the LCD-3, I just gotta find a big enough box and figure out how to pack this retarded piece of shit pic related.

As for demo I'm lucky enough to live just south of Orlando where Jerry Harvey HQ is. I should be able to go in and demo some universal units and I think I can even get my impressions done there. Plus if I have issues with my custom fit I can take it back in and personally describe what needs to change, all of the orders are built in the Orlando office from what I understand. Might go in this week to take advantage of their holiday sale.

Attached: audeze-universal-travel-case_52966_1.jpg (1500x1500, 175K)

>Beyerdynamic Lagoon
I was excited when you said this but its just another qc35 clone.
If I were you I would buy a set of etymotic IEMs before any of that shit but if you must have over ear bluetooth anc just get the fucking bose qc35. even tyll from innerfidelity uses them

that's why I kept my audeze box rofl.

Maybe you should think twice because stax sound pretty bad, worse than mid-fi dynamic headphones.

Attached: 1403896762475.jpg (1713x4996, 1.98M)

hello CG

why are you so mad? are you not having sex?

>even tyll from innerfidelity uses them
he also uses beats! :)
nice catch

it's christmas and he's alone

I bought an m1060 AND a m565 just to hear how bad they are. I'm that retarded.
Your current line reasoning is incompatible with me

Attached: IMG_20171011_153343_DRO.jpg (1280x960, 382K)

why are you ban evading sapphire? to shill etys and the hd600 some more?

Newfag to /hpg/. What's bad about ANC?

>pointing out CG means you’re sapphire
Nice boogeymanning. Both of them are cancer that should be permabanned.

cg is long gone I'm just posting his pics to trigger sapphire (you)

you have me confused with the samefagging stax incel

no I recognized you before you pointed out CG because of I forgot you occasionally used to shill the qc35

You shipped LCD headphones without the shitty pelican knockoff? How did you package them? Although I'd rather ship the box too, I have no use for it at home.

no I shipped it with the pelican box but I kept the packaging as well

I’m the one reporting sapphire’s posts retard.
I’m not the same person who made the post reccing ety’s. Fucking idiot.

Attached: C9D555A2-F2B4-4B78-97BB-FB6FB4D56FC5.jpg (750x309, 49K)

At $23 per BA, that's $46 for drivers in an ER4, then you assume they're buying a full set of cables, resistors, and MMCX connectors for each cable at $15 total per cable, so that's up to $61 dollars.
Add $6 for all the custom tips which is a very fair wholesale price for that many custom tips of different materials and sizes, so we are at $67 now.
$3 for the 1/4" adapter, filter remover, extra filters, and shirt clip. $70
$4 for the storage case and pocket sized pouch. $74.
Then you get into tooling for the custom mmcx connector housings and the driver housing. Assuming that ety was extremely efficient with their tooling design, that's 2 custom tooling setups for 2 different materials that require high precision. A single high-precision tooling setup is good for 15,000-20,000 pieces and costs between $5k-$15k, so lowest estimate is $0.40/unit and highest is $1, so let's hedge the average at $0.70/unit and we're at $74.40.
Packaging is probably right around $1.50 for the custom paper box and 2-color printing with extra printed inserts. $75.90
Add in labor costs and assuming it costs $8.25/hour for Illinois (where all etymotic IEMs are assembled) minimum wage which is low for precision electronics assembly and takes 15 minutes to fully assemble one (including soldering and testing, so we're really underestimating here) that's $2.06. $77.96.

We're at $77.96 before we consider that dealer profit margin is average 35% in audio, so add $105 to the cost, $182.96.
3% defective rate covered under 1 year warranty or discovered in QC, which is average for consumer electronics, add $9. $191.96.
$3 per unit in shipping for parts to their factory. $194.96.
4% return rate for $12. $206.96. that's $206.96 in just getting the product to a customer.
If they run about $5 million in operating expenses for their business, they have to sell 50,000 ER4's to keep the lights on and pay employees legal wages.
How many people do you think actually own ER4's?

Attached: er4_new_450_v3.jpg (450x450, 32K)

>>I’m not the same person who made the post reccing ety’s. Fucking idiot.
feel free to post your setup. sapphire is a notorious hd600 + etymotic + bose qc35 shill

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/qc35 hd600/

Apparently beyerdynamic has good sound quality.

HD800S and L700 into a SRM323S, Atom and OL DAC. I’m not at home so I can’t prove it but the fact I’m even claiming to use Stax makes me being sapphire a bit dubious.

Stax incels are literally retarded. You just said that your imaginary boogeyman is a harman shill. Now you call him a ertymotic shill. But etymotics are garbage according to harman. 100% degenerate, what else to expect from a stax incel.

Ok you get a pass from me

Yet, they cannot be touched for sound quality. Not even the HD600 is as good as the ER4SR.

>but the fact I’m even claiming to use Stax makes me being sapphire a bit dubious.
no it doesn't, he samefags and false flags all the time. what are you smoking? if you do end up posting your setup and you aren't him then I'm sorry but who knows? can't tell without a setup post
can't tell what level of memery this is on

Oh fuck ok, yeah I really regret throwing away the packaging. Maybe if I email audeze they will send me an empty box with the foam cutouts and they just charge me shipping. I'd rather find something else though so I dont have to email the pajeet and explain I need a box because I wanna get rid of his headphones lmao.

I've been comparing HD660S, HD650, HD600, K712 and K701 and the winner is... K701

The $150 headphones.

stop ban evading fag

>t. triggered stax incel

What's a better DAC amp? DAC fx-6 or the mbox avid audio interface headphone output?

Attached: Audio_G.jpg (1617x723, 698K)

I got to hear stax l500 at a hifi shop in Frankfurt today and now i understand the hype. It's hard to explain but everything is clear and Soundstage and detail retrieval are amazing. They do lack in low end though but it's not like it's completely absent but still, i prefer bass like rbh hp-2 and these don't have that kind of bass. The plastic feels cheap but not like they would break just by picking them up(just like Sennheiser). I don't see myself buying them any time soon and I'm not saying that to piss people off, they just don't have my kind of sound, im a bass guy. Other than that they definitely beat all the other Headphones i compared them to in that shop except the Ether C Flow due to personal preference. If you guys have the chance you should definitely do that too, nothing beats demoing headphones first hand and forming your own opinion.

Headphones i own are the rbh hp-2, fidelio x2, Sennheiser 58x Jubilee, Superlux 668b, AKG K712, BossHiFi B8. As for IEM's, Edifier h180, TinAudio T2, BGVP DM6, Monoprice m300. I power them with the magni3/modi3.

Fine. this is the only pic I have of my HD800S + OL DAC.

Attached: F08C64C0-F409-44AA-9BA1-B9E979283F85.jpg (1707x2048, 581K)

What are you talking about? Stax are objectively garbage and even their best model sounds worse than mid-fi headphones. It's a scientific fact actually.

Bass might have seemed subpar because you didnt have a good seal. L300/500 pads dont make a good seal. L700 pads will usually do the trick and there are some other mods out there. Did you get any stax farts?

ya I already know it was you
L500 is an unsealed stax which causes bass rolloff. the rbh hp-2 has a bass boost from 100hz and below. the solution is to seal the stax with adhesive tape to make it flat from 5hz to 1khz and then EQ in bass to match the rbh

How far back did this guy tripfag as Sapphire here? I've been in this general for a while but not long enough to have ever ran into comfygrados. I don't know anything about him or why so many people seem convinced he is the boogeyman. People love attention, if he were truly here and had a trip associated with the name Sapphire he would use it for the attention.
I've been accused of being Sapphire a handful of times for the most random shit so if I had to guess it's just the regular HD600 shills. People complain about Stax faggotry now but there was well over a whole year where any request for advice was met with HD600. Any discussion about any headphone? Waste of time HD600 is objectively the best headphone goldenears-hd600-measurements.jpg. So I imagine a lot of that mentality is still around and then you also have people who don't care about stax either way and just bait.

Attached: bgvp-dm6.jpg (1000x1000, 345K)

>I've been in this general for a while but not long enough to have ever ran into comfygrados
that copypasta was made by sapphire because CG triggered him
>Any discussion about any headphone? Waste of time HD600 is objectively the best headphone goldenears-hd600-measurements.jpg
that was sapphire

he wasn't a tripfag, he's a redditor who got outed because he shit posts exactly the same on both websites. His current username on Reddit is amazing_comment

I received $20. What should I buy?

Stax incels on suicide watch

If you like bass try the bass port mod for your k712

So you're saying both these people (cg and sap) still post here?
I feel like if they did they would do everything in their power to prove they are who they are for the attention.
Is sapphire that trap with the yggy and and expensive speakers?
I found someones reddit who posts here too VintageFridge

>So you're saying both these people (cg and sap) still post here?
yes
>Is sapphire that trap with the yggy and and expensive speakers?
no, aune stack hd600 etymotics and bose. maybe lsr305s

I see.
So who is he always arguing with? Who are the staxfags? Maki, that guy with the $6000 circular stax, and nepgear?

hd600 vs channel imba debates were cg baiting sapphire for fun

>aune stack
Holy shit who the fuck actually buys aune shit? Don't their amps have an output impedance of like 10 fucking ohms? 20 out of the ones with """"balanced"""" outputs?