Microsoft announces Project Mu, an open-source release of the UEFI core

What do you guys think.
>Microsoft has a new open source project -- Project Mu. This is the company's open-source release of the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) core which is currently used by Surface devices and Hyper-V.
>With the project, Microsoft hopes to make it easier to build scalable and serviceable firmware, and it embraces the idea of Firmware as a Service (FaaS). This allows for fast and efficient updating of firmware after release, with both security patches and performance-enhancing updates.
>betanews.com/2018/12/20/microsoft-project-mu/
>microsoft.github.io/mu/
>blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2018/12/19/ introducing-project-mu/

Attached: Unified Extensible Firmware Interface - Wikipedia.png (1200x1386, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tianocore.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It’s Microsoft so me no like >:(

>open source
But what license?

BSD 2-Clause

It's just Tianocore with a reskin.

So is not even a full replacement? Fucking OP

>meanwhile

Attached: 1533252884289.png (674x794, 229K)

You're going to listen to some dipshit making a comment instead of looking into it yourself?

???

Attached: photo_cali_f4mini.jpg (529x250, 18K)

It's just a metro themed GUI.

I did, you are full of shit OP

It’s ok when apple does it

I didn't write articles which all say the same thing, dumbass.
That wasn't me, and I don't understand how a uefi "core" (Microsoft wrote its the basis for uefi firmware) is just the GUI.

>Microsoft wrote its the basis for uefi firmware

>Project Mu is a modular adaptation of TianoCore's edk2 tuned for building modern devices using a scalable, maintainable, and reusable pattern.

As I said, it's just Tianocore

>This allows for fast and efficient updating of firmware after release, with both security patches and performance-enhancing updates.
so basically they want to make this open source project to have other projects adopt it only for microsoft to end up using it to push spyware and backdoors onto unsuspecting users
that or harvest user data
when any body says "x as a service" this is what they mean

>Welcome to TianoCore, the community supporting an open source implementation of the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI). EDK II is a modern, feature-rich, cross-platform firmware development environment for the UEFI and UEFI Platform Initialization (PI) specifications.
>tianocore.org/

>As I said, it's just Tianocore
How am I supposed to know that you either made both comments I replied to or decided to reply to someone else's comment.

>Microsoft
>Altruistic
There will be some insidious ulterior motive here. Embrace Extend Extinguish.

>Firmware as a Service
ABSOLUTELY DEGENERATE

Stupid Americans can't read past headlines can't run 1m. Disable t2 encrytion and you are good to go

OK Grandpa.
There are still issues.
>Stupid Americans
Go fuck yourself back to Jow Forums

t. SEETHING drumpfkin

>Disable t2 encrytion and you are good to go
Wrong.

Stick to your Eurabian chans.

Attached: 985.jpg (680x683, 85K)