I need help troubleshooting why my commputer won't start. Here's what I've down already;

I need help troubleshooting why my commputer won't start. Here's what I've down already;

>Pc won't start, power button has been finicky for awhile but being particularly difficult
>Do paper clip test, fan starts, can charge my phone with pc, power supply must be fine
>Call Dad, says that if I cut the wire from the button to the power switch on the MB, and then strip it, then put them together it should act as a power button. This doesn't work
>Try moving the power switch around on the motherboard, nothing. It's in the correct position
>Try to jump the PC with a screwdriver by touching the pins. Nothing
>All the cables are where they need to be

What's wrong with it? It powered fine yesterday

Attached: JPEG_20181225_150239.jpg (3072x4096, 1.78M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/EVGA-WHITE-Warranty-Supply-100-W1-0500-KR/dp/B00H33SFJU/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1545800612&sr=1-5&keywords=evga power supply
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you need to be 18+ to post here
also, learn to read, retard

Fuck you

Did you try turning it off and back on

The problem is that it won't turn on

Are you sure it's plugged in?

Yes, I can charge my phone by plugging it in

Did you try wiggling it around a bit?

Yes all the cables are secure

Alright, write a support ticket and we'll get back to you as soon as possible

I already did, the post is the support ticket

File a fucking support request with your motherboard manufacturer you raging underage faggot.

You send the shit in, they either fix it or tell you its fine and send it back, if that's the case you know some other shit is broken, e.g. cpu/ram.

Common sense 101 motherfucker.

Our system is experiencing a large amount of requests. Please try again later.
No but seriously, fuck off. We're not your personal tech support.

Fuck you

Maybe if you weren't posting pictures of your baby smooth skin on top of your mom's dining table asking why your prebuilt frankenstein piece of shit didn't work people would take you more seriously.

It's not a prebuilt, fuck you

Flip the red switch on the power supply a bunch of times and leave it on 220-240. This will refresh the Mobo and PSU.

Hey, Jim here, getting around to your ticket. Have you tried turning the system on and off to see if this resolves your issue?

Didn't do anything chief but thanks for the suggestion

It won't turn on Sir

OP is lil bitch boi. Go ask daddy if you can borrow his wallet and pay your favorite fortnite streamer 10000 bits

Fuck you, I don't even play Fortnite

You have to leave it on 220. Preferably overnight.

Aweee, is babby getting mad? Well sir, you know your daddy doesnt want you on the internet this late.

Damn I'll give it a shot. So far the scredrivee jumping shit isn't doing anything

>seething kid
kys

Fuck you

Fuck you

Holy fuck kid, you need to get help from some other place. In what world do you think switching the voltage on your PSU will do anything but make the problem worse?

Best case? you blow a fuse in your psu. Worst case? you fuck your shit right up.

Btw, this is Jim again. You're a fucking faggot, and need to kys, asap, but also, try turning your machine off and then on, instead of on then off.

Nigga, are you okay? Are you okay, Annie? You seem to be having an aneurysm right now.

Attached: 1545672372396.jpg (180x231, 16K)

Fuck you

IT guy here. I fix computers and do networking + servers for years. Here is my procedure to figure out computer not turning on.

Steps:
>Remove power cable and hold power button for 10 seconds, in your case, keep the cables connected for ten seconds, plug back in and power on. Does it turn on? No? Next step.
>Remove RAM and CMOS battery, then remove power and hold power button for 10 seconds again. Put it all back in and then try to turn on the computer. No turn on?
>Physically unplug the power supply to the motherboard and the CPU as well as the hard drives and plug in another power supply to see if it turns on before changing out the power supply
>If it turns on, change out power supply
>If not turning on, most likely a dead motherboard and needs more in-depth diagnosis.

Hope this helps.

You dumb tard, I actually tried to help you. You're the faggot dumb enough to actually switch the voltage setting on your PSU with googling what that actually does.

aw, isn't that sweet. Little baby gonna go cry to dada? This is a basket weaving internet message board for big boys, you have no place here. Get outta here, underage fag.

>windows badge
Whatever you say you fucking lying piece of shit. Too stupid upgrade a prebuilt let alone fix one.

Also, a magnet on the black squares on the mobo will help the electrons line up in the CPU logic gates.

Google logic gates if you want to know more

No. Don't do this.

OP here, turns out I just forgot to plug it into the wall. I suck cocks, disregard this thread now.

Thanks, looking like a dead motherboard it seems. What causes a motherboard to die? I got it like 6 months ago

Glad we could help OP! Another win for Jow Forums

stfu user, we know you aren't OP, OP confirmed their shit is fixed, quit larping.

Motherboards die for a number of reasons. Usually due to a power surge. But did you go through my steps as listed in this post?

yes, except for trying another power supply cause I don't have one on me

You may be able to with an old computer lying around. Often can pull out a power supply in another computer to try it out. I would definitely try this before assuming motherboard. For me I've noticed if the first two don't work, the separate power supply is a 6/10 chance of working.

>i forgot to plug it in
>says he can charge shit

OP fuck off man. We know your lying.

Can a motherboard die overnight? My computer was working perfectly fine yesterday. Does the PC not starting by jumping with a screwdriver a good indicator of a bad mb?

Yes. it can. Now try the power supply test before assuming it's your motherboard.

Also, is it an MSI or a Gigabyte board? those tend to fail more often than an ASUS

I PM'd you the fix check your inbox

I think it's an asus

Then definitely absolutely try another power supply before assuming your board.

Dis is Richard from Michaelsoft Technical Support we've deteched a wirus on your computer pls send mones

I really don't have one in my house rn, this is the only pc.i appreciate your help greatly though friend

Okay. So spend a moment to buy a power supply either from another computer or just an EVGA off of Amazon:

amazon.com/EVGA-WHITE-Warranty-Supply-100-W1-0500-KR/dp/B00H33SFJU/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1545800612&sr=1-5&keywords=evga power supply

Cheap and worth a shot.

lol this is good, troll that stupid prick kid into buying more hardware.

We all know he can't actually warranty anything because its a fucking OEM pile of shit over a year old.

Bro just stop replying lol, always the tripfags

legit not trolling. It's exactly what I would do to my own computer.