From December 28, we will no longer support old versions of ICQ and other unofficial applications

>From December 28, we will no longer support old versions of ICQ and other unofficial applications.
>To continue your conversations, you need to update your ICQ here: icq.com
>You can also use the web version here: web.icq.com
>
>With the new version of ICQ you can:
>- edit and delete already sent messages
>- quote and forward messages to another chat
>- send stickers
>- search through chat history and view previously sent media in the chat gallery
>- create group chats
>- make voice and video calls

Bye-bye ICQ.

Attached: icq.png (246x246, 32K)

tfw 2 digit ICQ number
stay jelly

it's been dead for years
just use matrix

Attached: pidgin.png (873x412, 44K)

I haven't used ICQ since 2001 and i genuinely thought it had died in 2002.

You mean ICQ is still alive?
Who the fuck even uses it still?

Attached: que.gif (260x195, 2M)

2 digit user count
stay jelly

>icq.com
Holy shit it exists!

Too bad I don't remember my ID from 1997 or whenever I last used ICQ.

198444362 here. add me, nee-chan.

Still remember mine for over 10 years ago

2 digit. i call bullshit. show me.

thats like 2001

I doubt that. My uid from 2000 starts with 63.

Literally what.

Russians run it now.

Why did everyone suddenly switch from icq to aim? I remember using icq back in like 1999-2000 but from 2001 onwards everyone I knew IRL that I chatted with was using aim.

>Why did everyone suddenly switch from icq to aim
because dumb whores were using AOL. And the reason to use chat was to dick young dumb whores.

tl;dr whores

ICQ was finished when it got sold to literal Lubyanka (mail.ru). I myself used to be fond of it and at some point everyone was on ICQ but since like from 2015 or even before I don't recall anyone I know using this garbage. Even more, I once logged in and tried to message some seller who still had ICQ as his main contact option and the network said something like that fucker set an option (more likely it's been autoset) and if I want to chat with him I must add and confirm my cell number. Unacceptable at least for me.
Now most people use either mainstream messengers like whatsapp or XMPP (wise man's choice).

>trading with low digit numbers since ~2003
>slowly starting to realizing that while it is fun it's not that profitable anymore

I don't want to leave my apartment, I'm afraid of changes :(

Attached: 1521029049189.png (606x511, 661K)

I'll buy it with 1 buttcoin.

>uh-oh

I used ICQ in late 1990's. Then everyone got MSN Messenger. Then I think people jumped onto Skype (no one notified me) and now it's all Facebook Messenger.

> Copyright © 1998-2018 LLC Mail.Ru.
oh yes, using software from a corporation that's best buddies with the russian intelligence services.... what a brilliant idea. people still using this cancer need to be GASSED.

> whatsapp
compromised and compromisable
> XMPP (wise man's choice).
> wise
> something that is as bad as e-mail
> wise
kek. my fucking sides.

>ICQ is an instant messaging client that was first developed and popularized by the Israeli company Mirabilis in 1996.

US did. Eastern Europe didn't. Not sure about Western Europe or Israel where it originated.
I kind of wish someone wrote an open source, secure, decentralized throwback instant messenger with UINs.

Isn't that basically what matrix is doing?
You can set any client on it. Even a simple one.

How is email as bad as XMPP?

ICQ already purged old accounts or something, my old ID isn't valid anymore as of several years ago. Started using that shit back in the late 90's to talk to friends from UO lmao.

>Requires phone number to create new account.
Are they retarded?

What is bad about xmpp you retard?

>compromised and compromisable
Agree here but most normies don't give a dank shit.

its important for us to track it so you can change it
yea thats what chatting is about, correcting spelling like im writing a fucking book and someone else is somehow, invovled with this
this is what they all pretend. yea i said fuck all that shit. i havent used icq tho since 2005 or something anyway
who the fuck do you talk to, where you have to have a history you can change at anytime? NOBODY. thats what the people who use this are doing, pretending. their all irrational. so is this retarded company changing their thing.

lets just stop using it and tell them were not using their differnt program and stop calling shit the same name when its not the same (world of warcraft) and change it so people can whoever wanted to to do that

I don't mean just the client, I also mean the numerical-only usernames and the people search (remember that?).

Russia will have the law of ID of every user by phone number enables in 6 months.