In our company, we value privacy, individualism and independence

>in our company, we value privacy, individualism and independence
>so, here's your workspace bro

Attached: file.png (1920x960, 2.53M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcottle.github.io/MSOutlookit/
businessinsider.com/an-ibm-it-guy-macs-are-300-cheaper-to-own-than-windows-2016-10
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>that ketchup

Looks like a call center.
What's wrong with call centers?

>being allowed to have beer at work
seems like it mite b kewl

You mean what's NOT wrong with call centers

>looks like a call center
You're not a software developer, I see
This is how 90% of the modern offices look like and this is how developers work every day

I hate having people behind me

I AM a dev and that pic looks like a call center. We have a call center next door, that's how I know. My work space looks entirely different. How are you even supposed to concentrate with all those people in the same room?

Is that a real ketchup?

Asking the important questions.

imagine the smell

Every company I've worked for had beer.
They want you to socialize with your colleagues after work.

I only knew one programmer who drank beers during work, personally can't get anything done after just a single beer.

the managers who push this shit should be rounded up and shot t b h

Attached: 1541563239611.jpg (372x268, 13K)

How does that look like a call center?
Nobody is wearing a headset and there are no sound barriers.

On Ketchupboy's screens.

1) Main screen has livechat software running
2) Macbook screen with Tweetdeck running, while in plain view of the camera. aka "monitoring social media for customer concerns"

Call center, easy.

Who __used to__ push that shit. It actually stems from these late 90s kinda offices like picrelated. And since then it's the cheapest form of a workspace that an employer can afford. Nowadays instead of just getting a closed type of workspace they'd simply reduce the amount of people per cm2 if the employer is more wealthy. Still the same shit anyway.

Attached: file.png (750x554, 401K)

>tfw wagecucking in a open office environment
>want to browse chanz
>i have to reduce brightness to 1% without getting called in managers office
feels bad man

Here's the first picture from the query "google developer workspace" just for you my boys.
Are you literally visiting Jow Forums and not being able to use a search engine? You can look up any major corporation and you'll see the exact same shit as OP's picture.

Attached: file.png (696x464, 515K)

The trick is lurking through the CLI

How?

I want to sit next to the heinz ketchup guy.

he doesnt know

Attached: 1493693775959.png (419x398, 191K)

With your favorite command line web browser

Can I view images with that?

just browse on ur phone and dont connect to company wifi

lynx is a TUI rather than CLI web browser.
edbrowse is a CLI web browser.

Apparently they don't even have a place to hang your coat.

We need this pcottle.github.io/MSOutlookit/ but for Jow Forums

I hate memespace so much REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>call center
>nobody on the phone or has headphones/headset

Attached: 1493509293204.png (266x260, 159K)

>How are you even supposed to concentrate with all those people in the same room?
You don't. Or you get a sound-proof headphone.

Why are cubicles considered soulless but open offices are individual? Big meme. Cubes you can put shit up on your walls and not have to see the retard next to you.

is just a fad as soon as companies started going for open spaces, people started noticing how good we had it with cubicles

Open spaces do help to improve, teamwork and communication between personnel, but the noise does get annoying after a while, if your job is to be focused or needs concentration you just get fucked and there's nothing you can do

>that big ass heinz ketchup bottle

Reminds me of based ajit

Attached: F5980CF6-36FA-42D0-A6B3-8E8913E0F5A2.gif (250x133, 700K)

No headsets. No one seems to be on a handset.
Yeah nah mate.

op pic triggered me, thank you

I honestly don't understand why people are so upset about these office layouts. Put on some noise cancelling headphones and stop paying attention to the retards around you

jesus imagine having your monitor at and angle like that and your keyboard too. my neck fucking hurts looking at it

I'm glad I don't work for a startup. Not a fan of the company I work for but at least they understand individual privacy.

God I just want to go home after work I already have friends I don't want to hang out with my co-workers.

Try being on a conference call in one of them. It's fucking obnoxious.

I just want to go home after work I don't have friends and I don't want any

Just stop being socially anxious and so demanding of personal space, amarite

tfw my workplace still uses cubicles

it's not so much the layout that bothers me despite liking my privacy, it's the horribly bright overhead lighting and... clinicalness of it, like it was designed by robots for robots. absolutely soulless, I couldn't spend most of my waking life there.

>implies there were more than 20% of people who worked 9-5 in cubicles and weren't entirely drugged to the near zombie state

Why do corporations spend money on overpriced hardware with fruit logo on it? All of the hardware in pic related can be replaced by brand new ThinkPads coupled with Dell monitors and they would save 40% of the purchase cost and 90% of the maintenance cost. There are NO programs that work better on fruit logo OS and/or hardware.

Attached: LoZXYBl.jpg (2048x1537, 819K)

>While Google mentioned during the presentation that it supports four desktop OS platforms (OS X, Windows, Linux, and Chrome OS) internally, it also said these days employees that want to use a platform other than Mac OS X “have to make a business case” to do so.

Attached: 1539855776740.png (939x949, 668K)

ANDREETS AND LINCUX BTFO

Attached: 0C6421F8-3702-4948-AEE7-13D03D7F5F5A.gif (540x540, 279K)

Why are Apple and Google such butt-buddies? Aren't they supposed to be competitors?

Based

businessinsider.com/an-ibm-it-guy-macs-are-300-cheaper-to-own-than-windows-2016-10

>He reiterated that, in his experience, Mac users needed less help. Though Macs make up about 15% of the PCs in use, only 5% of the help desk is dedicated to supporting them.

>Previn said that while a Mac initially cost $117 to $454 more than a similarly configured Windows PC, over four years IBM saves $273 to $543 per Mac compared with a similarly configured Windows PC.

Attached: 1535425394760.png (643x537, 231K)

Imagine being this much of a cuckold to your own direct competition.

I own a software company that develops websites (outsource).
Here's why:
- Much, much better enterprise solutions than anything else in the market. None of that lenovo dell bullshit offers this level of enterprise.
- Suitable for the developers (pretty much linux, but worse) and the designers (mainly for Sketch and the related tools).
- Much easier to deploy and maintain, lots of stuff comes "out of the box"
- When there's a decision to use apple hardware or not, it's a company-wide decision, unless you have a huge corporation with over 1k employees. You can't really allow outliers in this environment, because you strive for things to work the same way across all the computers. Nobody wants the headache of babysitting a couple of linuxoids who decided to not use mac like everyone else and now the new tool that's used in the entire company just doesn't work for them.

It goes a bit beyond your Jow Forums-level desktop threads and your blind fanaticism. It's a huge economical decision and it looks 5-10 years beyond. Nobody cares about anything else.

>- Much, much better enterprise solutions than anything else in the market. None of that lenovo dell bullshit offers this level of enterprise.

Attached: FXLThSZ.jpg (600x341, 14K)

>Much, much better enterprise solutions than anything else in the market. None of that lenovo dell bullshit offers this level of enterprise.
And that's why they're dedicating less and less support to macOS Server, right?

Why isn't this true in Israel? The only macfag offices I ever heard about were a webdev startup. 99% of software engineering workplace computers here use Windows and Linux.
I think there is a serious Apple worshiping case in America. Like yeah, your prebuilt shitty Windows PCs from HP can't be handled by the soiboys working for you? Time to throw money on Apple. Nevermind buying reliable PCs or even laptops.
Same article mentions how 66% use iPhones as well, which shows it is all about social status and nothing else. Apple products are literal trash that break if you sneeze on them, and are bought mainly for social status signalling.
My Windows 10 PC NOT EVEN ONCE has ever crashed on me. Literally ZERO issues. My Ubuntu laptop? Same story. ZERO issues. My parents' Windows 8 PC never failed in 4 years and it is turned on 24/7 because my mom accesses it from her office. She uses that computer 5 hours a day at minimum. ZERO blue screens, it literally only stops for updates at night and during power outages. Not once does she need IT support.
The only real reason for corporations to use Apple hardware is to develop for iOS and macOS. An other excuse can be if you have tons of webdevs who shit their pants at the sight of Linux but still need a Unix system. IBM? Either struck a good deal with Apple or that guy in the article is just a huge fan.

Attached: 1544053719547.jpg (250x184, 12K)

>sample size: n = 1

If you want to imagine Israeli high-tech offices are full with Apple computers then be my guest. If you want to imagine Israeli corporations aren't doing their maximum to minimize IT support, then again be my guest. I shouldn't have mentioned my personal experience with Windows and Linux, I forgot how people can ignore your entire post if they find one thing to nitpick about.

>I think there is a serious Apple worshiping case in America
It is, it's the same as you here (western Yurop). The only Apple product that picked up speed here is the iPhone, our adoption of Macbooks is very likely less than 3%, and most of them get Windows installed on them anyway.

My comment had nothing to do with the servers. We are talking about user PCs if you're completely out of this conversation.

Wow, this again...
They changed from a whole integrated Active directory with:
Email, backup, calendar, policymaking, user management, file sharing, Remote installation, Program packages, rollout of program config. on windows to just making a crappy welcome Flash application with a couple of programs to install. everything else is in the cloud or outsourced to JAMF.

The success of IBM converting to Apple has nothing to do about Apple being a better platform than Windows.

Its about the fact that scaling down your IT to the demands of the comapany saves money and hosting stuff in a providers cloud can save you alot of money with the correct deals!

But im kinda interessted in how the apple thing works for IBM atm.
With the new Dongle-books. The profitmargin they had above Windows will soon be eaten up bu the Dongle purchases i guess...

And going into the future!
Not being able to install any other OS on a mac beside MacOS.. GG Apple
Throwing a large portion of your enterprice/dev userbase under the bus!

I hosted and supported a company of Apple users. and all these arguments where reasons to move away from apple...
1: Windows server backend is soooo much better than anything that exists for apple and you get it at a fraction of the price!
Only Jamf is in the same universe as Microsoft on this and they are a third party (nice "out of the box" there) and they still dont deliver as much functionallity as Microsoft
2:We had webdevs and sure, Macs works well for them, but all other "makers" in the company had problems. We were in the dark age of 2015-2017.
So there where no alternatives for a high end desktop that handled advanced CAD-application.
And the marketing had crashes and to long render times. Both of those departments converted from Mac to Windows and increased productivity, because Apple is more an assecory first and a production tool second.
3:How do you deploy? Jamf? Deploy studio? scripts? All these applications has counterparts created by Microsoft on windows. And if you use Intune by them, you have cross platform compatibility. and saying its easier is a matter of the problem ahead and personal taste.
4: Apple is not a reliable hw-maker. try to have a standard of chargers, screen connector, perifirals that lasts more than 4-5 years with just apple computers...
Apple cant hold a candle to Lenovo, Dell or HP or even the surface series in this regard.

If you removed the cult of Apple from the board room in these firms you would realise that they are a clown company that should never be trusted in the enterprice!

Poo in loo winjeet

You are like a little baby, watch this:

>in our company, we value privacy, individualism and independence

>before we hire you, do you agree with our company policy to get microchipped? If you disagree, we regret to inform you that you will not get the position as a senior software developer. Please understand that this requirement is for security reasons.

>you will not get the position as a senior software developer
then what will i get it as

still better than being home alone and getting no money

what does an ideal developer workspace look like?

>what does an ideal developer workspace look like?

Attached: 1533227043570.png (805x1199, 1.48M)

no joke pls

I'm not joking, Amazon just might have been on to something with this.

i said ideal from a developer's pov

google employee here, I am literally quitting the company over poor work conditions. Can confirm the open office space looks exactly like the pictures from this thread.

There also is no parking, if you drive to work you can just get fucked I guess. Sometimes I turn around and just go home. I haven't really gotten anything of value done since 2016.

>tfw I'm a teacher
>Have an entire fucking room with a 2nd story view all to myself
>Play Doom 3 hours a day and browse Jow Forums at work
>Can run the same fucking curriculum year after year with no real work and get 3 months+ of paid vacation every year
>Coworkers are literally adorable 8th graders who actually laugh at my jokes
I gotta say. Teachers who complain about their pay or work environments are fucking retarded.This is EASY.

>There also is no parking
What makes you think your employer has a duty to pay for extra land area just so you can have somewhere to park?
Take the bus or use your own money to rent a parking space nearby, faggot.

looks comfy desu, especially with the 8-10m ceiling

>What makes you think your employer has a duty to pay for extra land area just so you can have somewhere to park?
the company down the street will do it and will also give me a pay raise

I'm using this as a temp job while I find a real, adult career but seriously this is a fucking joke how easy it is. Kids are dumb you can literally fudge all their grades and nobody notices. I get "peer reviewed" by another teacher like 1 day a year and give a kickass lesson about area and volume that day and that's it. I teach 3-4 hours a day max 5 days a week and that's it.

are you a teacher at a ghetto school where you might get stabbed or shot because you didnt call someone by their proper pronoun and you offended their black latino tri-gendered rainbow eyebrowed friend?

Asking for a friend

There are CLI apps that browse Jow Forums via the API, IIRC all are written in python.

No I'm a math teacher in a foreign country. These kids barely even speak English but I'm supposed to teach them algebra. It's great.

>ghettos care about pronouns and gender nonsense
get a load of this moron

Depretiation. New Thinkpad cost $2000, new Mac costs $2500. After 4 years, the Thinkpad is now worth $300 and the Mac worth $1200.

Other teachers are seriously the most fragile ultra-liberal "you should be teaching the 8th graders about Trump's war against the gays even though it's a math class" baby fucks who will complain about every detail and getting 40k+ per year instead of realizing they get paid to do jack shit and the teachers who actually do work hard aren't complaining.

do macs even last 4 years

I'm on a 2014 macbook pro atm, it has been a good computer. Only problem with it is that the lid doesn't close all the way anymore, and I can't click the touchpad anymore

Yes. I have a mid 2010 MBP still going. Slow but very usable.

>tfw went from cubicles to this design

Fuck off management. I don't need people bothering me every 10 minutes. I put on headphones for a reason.

>supervisor misses deadline
>nothing happens

why is that allowed

TRIGGERED

>team sized offices where everyone can sit with their back against a wall
Don't mind the best office type for software development coming through.

>wageslaving is the only alternative to NEETdom

No, they fired you. Stop lying.

>I haven't gotten anything of value done since 2016.

Just stay on and see how long you can bleed them. Make them fire you like a real man.

I think this is a sort of 'filtering the inbetweeners' thing where if a person has his shit together then noone will question allowing them to use whatever xhe wants if xhe demands it,
but most people will probably not know enough/care and be given the standard rifle.
Actually makes sense on both ends.

as a googler this is straight up false, at least for devs. might be different for non-engineers I guess (like sales, HR, or legal...)
engineers get a linux box 90% of the time because that's what's most supported. people who work on desktop software (e.g. chrome) are an exception because they develop for consumer OSes instead of our servers
for their laptop, people go with what they prefer (debian, mac, windows or chromebook). most people i've met chose chromebook or mac

>has a beer on his desk
nice, i would need to be drunk too to cope with my social anxiety

Where do you see beer?

Image the smell

I'm pretty annoyed I don't have my own office, but at least I'm not in an open office environment like this shit