/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>Previous thread

Attached: yande.re 501624 bikini feet headphones megane rosaline shinjou_akane ssss.gridman swimsuits.jpg (1744x2345, 1.26M)

Other urls found in this thread:

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq
old.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/9o2f5n/psa_oratory1990s_list_of_eq_presets/
superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/hd800-french-mod-aka-superdupont-resonator.1147/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

beyers

>report all sapphire posts
>hide all sapphire posts
>do not reply to sapphire posts

Attached: C63A7676-3F54-43D7-8FCD-89C58A975C82.png (680x1360, 1.05M)

footy

How is the Audio Technica M40Xs? I keep hearing they're better than the M50xs because they don't have niggerbass

>>Best electrostatic Stax headphones sound worse than average dynamic "mid-fi" cans
>>
>>$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701
>>aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

Explain this. Are Stax really that bad?

Attached: 15416495695510.jpg (218x220, 3K)

Someone who owns senn wouldn't bash stax. Why are you so insecure you have to bash senn though?

Good OP.

Anyone know any good DT 990 equalizer settings? I tried oratory1990s and they sucked the life out of the DT 990 and made them sound so muddy.

>go to Head-Fi
>basshead club claims LCD-2 for themselves saying they have warm bass
>midrange club claims LCD-2 for themselves saying they're mid forward
>neutral club claims LCD-2 for themselves saying they're ... well, neutral
Is there ANYTHING these people are accurate about?

Attached: 1542474702535.jpg (700x700, 87K)

audezes high variance, these are all believable

He's just a triggered stax incel whose fantasy world is being destroyed with facts

github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq

Anyone tried the SRM-D50 yet?

Cauldron anyone with an Atom tell me how much time does it usually take for JDS to ship an Atom?

>Cauldron
I hate phoneposting.

Depends on which shipping option you choose and your local postal service.

*snifffffffff*

UPS international. I don't mean who long they take from the time they ship to getting them, I mean how much time it takes them to ship it.

What's the ugliest headset? My niece wants me to buy her one and I hate her.

When they shipped my OL DAC via UPS international they shipped it within hours of getting my ordered and emailing me to confirm the engraving. The Atom which I shipped via USPS took 3 days to go out.

Stax of course. They sound really bad too.

Prolly Razer.

Weird. I ordered mine like 3 days ago and they started shipping again today.

Zoomers love Razer. They’re Razer’s target market.

I'm a sooner tho (I think?).

Because of the holidays. If it doesn’t ship today or tomorrow then don’t expect it to ship until next year.

668B with stock pads.

Attached: 50a.jpg (470x595, 201K)

*sooner
Fucking hell I miss my computer.

3 days ago was Sunday and then it was Christmas. Maybe they were on holidays. A week ago they send it to usps the day after I ordered.

>today or tomorrow
Yeah I know, that's why I'm asking. I was expecting it to ship today.

Better but now it sounds more muffled in vocals and still not as clear as no eq.

I think I'll just stick with no EQ lol.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

If you’re used to the stock sound then just stick with it. I personally like harman target on my shit so I roll with that on pretty much all my headphones.

ab-1266

lol, deafened by beyer treble.

I mean I only had the headphone for a week. I think I might try to bring the vocals out more and that would be perfect for me.

Hey, where is that cable going?

>Harman target
?

What would you guys recommend that's durable and comfortable enough for daily gym, travel, and home use, but still sounds great, lasts a long time, and looks good?

I've had these AKG's for maybe 7 or 8 years and the ears are starting to crack, but I'm very happy with them. One of their most curious features is the way that both men and women see them and are drawn to them. I've had everyone from spergy programmers to gym bunnies comment on them, and I can't quite discern why. Are people drawn to anything that isn't an iphone earbud or pair of Beats?

Further, why is it that my earbuds seem to lose one side within a year of use whether I spend $10 or $100, and these never have? Is it because they're AKGs? Is it the build quality of this model? Are studio headphones built for durability?

Teach me your ways, /hpg/. I love music, and I want to pick another pair like these to last me the next decade.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (1512x2020, 514K)

>harman target

Attached: 144731550.jpg (500x464, 69K)

I only had them for a week user! And I'm not lying when oratory1990 EQ makes them feel muddy. People on leddit also say that.

It's smoothed diffuse field, with below 200hz ~5db boost.

old.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/9o2f5n/psa_oratory1990s_list_of_eq_presets/

Which wallpaper user I'm assuming the one on the right since the left is a chrome theme

Attached: JPEG_20181225_214628.jpg (2016x1134, 363K)

Get some reference sounding headphones, like hd600 for highs and mid, or unironically stax.
Some people just didn't like neutral sounds, just enjoy what you enjoy.

>Budget
$1500 USD
>Location
United States
>Source
16-600ohm DAC/AMP
>Type of headphone
Full Sized
>Open or closed
Open ideally, but a good closed pair would be fine
>Comfort level
Not important
>Sound signature
Not entirely sure. I am leaning toward neutral. I want something that can deliver on bass when it is a part of the experience, but with no particilar emphasis on it. Treble should not be unbearable.
>Past headphones
Fidelio X2, K7XX, HD558, M50

Would the Focal Elear or Hifiman Sundarabbe a more worthwhile purchase than going Ananda or HD800? Are there any other legitimate choices? I would prefer not to deal with STAX. They are not readily available to me regardless.

Attached: image0-48.png (1300x1400, 574K)

So is it intended for any headphones or is it for the 1990 only?

>hd600 for highs and mid
I have the HD 600 too. I like them for their mids too but that's as far as I like about them. If I could get those mids on the DT 990 and a larger sound stage then it would be my perfect headphone. Also some more bass like the DT 990 has.

You’re just wasting your time if you don’t go for stax.

>focal
scam company
>hifiman
scam company
>hd800
it's okay
>stax not readily available
import, they are the highest fidelity

He has a list literally scroll down and see if your headphone is on it.

Either Stax or the HD800S.

...the guy’s name is 1990, not the fucking headphone.

>Treble should not be unbearable.
avoid akg and hd800/s. focal is like more veiled version of hd650.
it's basically targeting for all headphones, purely based on human perceptions preference.

HD800S treble is much, much better than HD800. Stay far away from HD800 though without modding it.

idk m8. I haven't tried anything in that price range. But whatever choice you make can you come back on /hpg/ and do a review on them?

Oh ok, sorry.

Oh and if you can which you should before dropping $1500 on headphones. See if there are any hifi stores near you so you can test them out first.

Buy speakers for that price.

What about the K712?

fuck off to /ag/

Not remotely in the same ballpark as any of the other headphones you mentioned. May as well compare Portapros to Staxz

I don't think it would be a huge upgrade from the K7xx.

It's okay user. *kisses you*

Hifiman Arya, HD800 and do the SDR mod(trivial) or Stax L300(srs3100 system)+trivial mods.
Stax is the best value because it's only $650 but the other headphones are great too. You could even get an SRS-3100 system and a second hand HD800 for $1500.
If you're going to spend that much money you should either take a trip to store to hear them as long as its with in say 4 hours of your house or buy from somewhere that has no questions asked returns.

Also don't forget to spare the money for quality dac/amp.

Also check out ZMF Auteur if you dont want the Sens and GLORIOUS STAX arent available to you

>hifiman arya
Don’t recommend the guy shit that’s gonna disintegrate in 2 weeks.

Not that user, sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm also having doubts about what to buy. Would the K812 really be worth it or are the Senn just much better? Mostly asking cause I know where to get the K812.

tseems like that also a downgrade from 58x perspective.

Go test them then. I personally would (and did) go for the HD800S. When in doubt, always audition.

just import stax......

Or this as well. You don’t even need to go for a L700 off the bat, get a cheaper model like a L300 or a L500, and if you aren’t sold on the sound, sell it off and get something else.

If you can try them out I would. I don't think the K702 and K712 are huge in difference. If you think the HD 800s is worth it then you might have your answer there.

Yeah, I'll have to see if there's anywhere I can audition them near me. Thanks anons.

You are beyond help and or baiting.

Not a viable option. Thin walls.
I was actually considering the HD800S but everything I have heard about them has been mixed.

As for those recommending Stax still, I really would rather something else.
I will look into those.

You would complain no matter what.
The arya uses the new headband which is fine.

>>As for those recommending Stax still, I really would rather something else.
what's your issue with stax beyond the hassle of importing? you can get a used sr-007 for $1200-1300 even which doesn't have the lambda shape

Why tho? I was just asking cause I've always liked AKG.
What would you recommend to drive them?

Because 1. HD800S MSRP are fucking overpriced and 2. HD800 have a bad rep. The HD800S is actually fine. Get it used or get it on sale and it should be much more worth it.

There is no hassle of 'importing' and people should stop describing it like that.
You go to ebay, click the buy it now button on a $650 srs-3100 listing and enter your paypal or cc info just like buying anything else on the internet.
It then shows up in a week or two.
Also fuck the HD800S the SDR mod takes 3 minutes per side or 6 for the whole headphone and is beyond easy that it should not even be considered a problem.
For $1500 you could buy both a SRS-3100 system and an HD800.

You don’t need anything more than the low end Stax drivers to drive them. The most you’ll need is a SRM-323S/353X, and that’s really not a necessity even. If you don’t need the extra gain a SRM-252S will be just fine. Getting the 323S used will be a much better deal than a brand new 353X though.

>supporting a company with horrible QC on damn near every product and an ego-tripping CEO
pass

>AKG
young and poor sissies who are very naive and optimistic, the energetic and fun sound signature is perfect for them
>Snapheiser
seasoned sodomites whose life consists of sliding their cocks through canals clogged with shit, and the sound signature reflects just that
>Beyers
well adjusted and straight individuals who enjoy quality in all things and have fun listening to their music
>St*x
deranged weebs who became alcoholics, the actual sound is irrelevant to them and they just want to justify their purchases
>Chinkfiman
actual retards
>Grado, Denon, Fostex, LCD
deaf boomers with no direction in life

which headphones do you own? people like you who come in shitting on everything but then not offering alternatives are SCUM.

>neutral headphone good

Attached: 1545853965648.jpg (430x441, 56K)

Open headphones except it actually has bass and blocks out sound like closed.
Is this impossible?

>not recognizing yet another beyer shillpost

He's an obvious Beyer shill tho?

literally 1990

>has bass
Yes
>blocks out sound
No

I thought he was being ironic because they are bad but I guess so

What is the SDR mod exactly?

They are trolling you. Best Stax model sounds worse than average mid-fi headphones. You can read about it here

superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/hd800-french-mod-aka-superdupont-resonator.1147/

Stop ban evading.

The issue with Stax is that sound like shit. You know it, stop trolling.

Reminder sennheiser makes better naziphones than LARPerdynamic

Attached: hd800_driver.jpg (2000x1604, 968K)