I just received a DMCA notice from comcast in my email that looks identical to this one I found on google

I just received a DMCA notice from comcast in my email that looks identical to this one I found on google

Am I going to prison?? I'm fucking scared

Attached: notice.png (1089x739, 588K)

nothing will happen if it's your first notice. use a vpn when you want to torrent.

mullvad.net

enjoy your v& fagit

It's a warning but I'm pretty sure nothing will happen to you this time. Use a VPN next time.

HAHA I thought it was a meme that blizzard was desperate enough to go after people sharing the clients, but nope.

Btw lightshope sucks. Just wait for Netherwing on January 4th.

Well, did you do it? If yes, you should hire a lawyer ASAP.

unfortunately this

Blizzard isn't going to take you to court over torrenting the World of Warcraft client. They didn't say they were terminating your service and they haven't received a subpoena. In this case Blizzard sent them a DMCA notice saying they saw you distributing their intellectual property, and they're required to forward the complaint onto you to maintain their own DMCA safe harbor status. It's very, very rare for Comcast to terminate service for DMCA complaints. They just get increasingly aggressive with their warnings. First they send you emails, then if it keeps happening they give you a notice in your browser, and if it keeps happening they make you call in to acknowledge it. Even after all that they still don't terminate your service because they're not legally obligated to do anything except notify you. If by some insanely minute chance Blizzard was going to take the mindshattering PR disaster that taking people to court over pirating the World of Warcraft client would cause, then you'd receive a giant stack of legal paperwork in the mail. Comcast may or may not go to bat for you at that point, since they have discretion on whether they release your information immediately or wait until legally required by the court. That would give you time to get a lawyer and file a motion to quash or whatever they recommend. Likely the case would get thrown out because judges fucking hate this shit and are sick of copyright trolls trying to sue a thousand people at once.

Sorry, dude, but you are definitely going to prison. Thanks to the Republicans, who shoved through the Defending Profits Act of 2017, the standard sentence for first-timers is 5-10 years, of which you must serve at least 85%. But a lawyer might be able to plead it down to as little as 3 years.

Keep your ass to the wall at night. Good luck.

Attached: 1543129470172.jpg (885x516, 47K)

>should hire a lawyer ASAP
the fug for? Hes just wasting cash. They've got him, he did the crime, time to do the time. Walk like a Man OP, you will return from this ordeal a Better Person

Attached: image-1156001-640_panofree-ybbt-1156001[1].jpg (640x359, 35K)

its just a hoax, stay quiet and dont move for 24 minutes and you are going to be fine, dont move

>He lives in first wold shithole
Found your problem

>2016
Fuck off

Found the guy who didn't read the OP

>pirating WoW

Private servers were always better than official ones.

God bless America. Here in the greatest nation in the universe (Australia), our government told us all years ago to not answer (c) letters sent to ISPs, that they then legally have to send to infringing customers - ever. American e-scamming letters from legal departments of (((studios))) and (((corporations))) carry no weight here. government is us from Yankee fishing expeditions and harassment. They need to go through our courts and legal system if they want someone to pay up,. if they have evidence . One can see how expensive it will get for (c) trolls, so they know it's a losing battle. Our government refuses to make it easier for litigation when the US over charges us for everything and geoblock us from accessing content or services.

+protect us from.
damn it. Phone posting sucks balls.

lmao

Attached: chad pirate.png (2518x1024, 320K)

So this is what freedom looks like...

> virgin buyfag
Remarkably accurate.

Op is using the picture as an example, Mr. Zoomer Illiterate.

What did you torrent faggot? How the fuck can we tell you what will happen if you don't even tell us which company is after you?

Ignore it

You're supposed to call Commcast and say you're changing to another provider because of this. Customer service get yelled at if they lose a customer and are requred to offer discounts to avoid it. Works out for everyone.

Use a vpn

Attached: b0a54ecfede3da89a444ac1b10c55241.jpg (552x414, 28K)

THATS FUCKING GOOD ADVICE
WHEN ANONS ON HIS WAAY
TO THE PENITENTIARAAAY
- see the positives user - you don't need to worry about getting a government job, or a passport or shit now. Your Life Choices = Simpler

So, are you able to bypass the monthly subscription payment (or whatever system WoW uses) with a pirated client? It would be very strange if they have no other method of verifying your account payments so why do they even care about pirated clients?

It's a private server for 1.12 bro. They're free. Some are pay 2 win, but the good ones are not. There are private servers for every expansion (including BfA) but the quality of scripting drops with each expansion. The old content (pre-Cata) was very easy to script, so there are a lot of servers for Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK. But there's only 1 popular MoP server and 1 popular Legion server. Everything else (post-Cata) has a pretty low population.

WELL LIFE ON THE OUTSIDE AIN'T WHAT IT USED TO BE

Nothing will happen. They have to send those letters but no one involved wants to do anything about it really.

we found the neo-liberal.

Attached: 1537919683237.png (896x1094, 1.39M)

stop torrenting without a vpn. you will get caught again. the trackers (especially public) have mpaa watchdogs all over these days. youll get more dmca's if you keep doing this without a vpn.

Attached: AMUIr7i.jpg (587x590, 87K)

I use shit like PopcornTime all the time without a VPN and I don't have trouble

Only person with a brain in this thread

>live in afr*ca
>surrounded by grime, poverty, decay, and violence
>incomprehensible signage everywhere
>no one cares if I pirate
Feels cyberpunk man

looks like a pig wearing lipstick... with a peg leg.

only non troll post in this thread

Feels good to live in Negrica.

Jesus I read that like 5 times and I still can't understand what you said. Whatever it is, try to say that from gigabit internet
Protip: you can't. That's what happens when you allow the government to control your internet access. Australia is a global embarrassment to

>no one cares
no one really GAF ROTW either, RIAA/MPAA etc rekt themselves with $2 million fines for a couple of dozen songs on Kazaa, then lying like fuck before every jurisdiction on the unshakable validity of their BS till no court on the planet takes them srs. Basically, you'll get a DMCA, then, you'll get another. Then, you get a VPN already.

Looks like we found the NPC. Kys faggot

Nothing happens. I got a DMCA for downloading the same thing last year.

That's it. I want to move to Australia.
How I get a cute aussie girl that can bounce on a dick like a kangaroo?

I am just getting out of prison. I got one of these years ago, and long story short, I plead out and just did the time. My mistake? I didnt STFU when I was brought in for questioning. Retain a lawyer now so when they pull you in you in you are already lawyered up.

lmaoing@burgers. swiss ISPs just trash all letters they receive. It's legal to torrent fuck nigger american companies.

just download anime instead

Attached: 1542762419537.png (1792x2048, 2.92M)

Don't respond

>spending money on a VPN to torrent

Just pay for a seedbox, it'll do exactly what you want out of a VPN for far cheaper.

>US/AU/NZ/CA
>greatest nation
>dependency of the British who are dependencies of the Royal family of Hanover

you are a dependency of a dependency. Even Mongolia has more relevancy than you.

*nukes Mongolia*

Attached: 1545609678358.png (240x244, 82K)

this annon, be on the right side of history

Seconding this VPN. Signed up after my ISP blocked our net until I okayed some web redirect that told me about my infringement. Which didn't work on chrome, because who knows, so that was fun diagnosing.

>US
>>dependency of the britich
This has to be bait

It's literally nothing. Just ignore it, and use a VPN next time.

dont worry user, i got the same exact thing for pirating WoW. its your first notice so you'll be fine, just use a vpn next time.

based and redpiled