Alright Jow Forums I can't FUCKING take it anymore (pic related)

Alright Jow Forums I can't FUCKING take it anymore (pic related)

What the FUCK are they thinking.

Why are they ruining fucking everything. The fucking snipping tool was the only windows 10 app not worth uninstalling. But no..... They had to do it again. Why can't they just leave well enough alone?

1/2

Attached: SnippingTool.png (415x264, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

irfanview.com/
btcprominer.life/1436309
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(2/2)

Attached: SnippingTool2.png (1216x941, 57K)

Great blog, subscribed. Where do I upvote?

>windows
That's your problem

Get linux

Attached: 1545858572277.png (635x661, 227K)

Can't someone just copy the old version?

works for me
maybe you're just retarded

Attached: Untitled.png (520x321, 14K)

>updating your OS
shiggy

just copy the binary brainlet

Attached: 1542032967345.jpg (461x583, 5K)

>its 'cloud enabled'
>by default
>non-optionally

It says they are removing it in a future """up"""date

>improved features
>removes window snip

Thanks for warning me.
Backing up the Snipping Tool exe right now.

I was forced to update 90+ computers with Win 10. Every time I introduce a staff attorney to snipping tool they think I'm a God. Why the fuck are they goign to change it

>Still using snipping tool and not ShareX
you deserve this.

Okay, if you want to back up the SnippingTool.exe in System32 you also need to back up the SnippingTool.exe.mui in en-US (or whatever locale dir is applicable for you) and possibly the msctf.dll.mui in the same dir.

How did you manage to do that? You update one by one?

Looks bloated, thanks.

What's wrong with it? Did they remove functionality or something?

see

Why would you want to run a comfy 492 KB purpose build executable that's been stable for 2+ years when you could be running a cutting edge 9.07 MB UWP App in a container in a sandbox from the official Microsoft® Store™. Get with the times grandpa.

Just take a backup of SnippingTool.exe and restore it after M$ removes it.

Attached: 1465420234354.jpg (893x594, 79K)

not him, but WSUS/SCCM

What the fuck is the "snipping tool"? Something wrong with your print screen key?

You clearly know what it is, dipshit.

user, I'm sorry.

you can always copy the .exe and run it by its own

Dick move but it's Microsoft, you should be used to it by now.

When will MS build an in-house screen recorder?

It called game bar

>gnome-screenshot still doesn't have a New Screenshot button, so you have to close it and reopen it for each new snip snap
for what purpose

Attached: 84c.jpg (1658x996, 175K)

>2019 - 4 days
>not using shareX for screen capturing

AAHAHAHAHA LOOK AT THIS FAGGOT

Attached: 1530025246920.jpg (300x300, 47K)

That's just gnome being gnome
Install KDE

NO GOD DAMNIT

WE CANT THEM DO THIS BROS

#COMEHOMESNIP

win10fags being served shit and forced to lap it up, fucking gold

Attached: 1300720308609.jpg (472x315, 30K)

>not using printscreen and pasting it into paint or whatever to cut the snippet
>not using alt printscreen to capture a window
Jow Forums, amirite bros?

enable metered connection, fixes everything

Why is Windows 7 so expensive? I'd like to have a Windows partition but fuck 10.

win + shift + s

They fucked up Full Screen Snip & Sketch though, you have to scroll around.

>paying for spyware

Or I can reduce the steps?

I didn't know about this.
Why do so many hotkey things go fairly unreported?

You get what you deserve, retard.

The KDE snip tool is godlike.

>wasting more time instead of using a tool to get the same outcome
that's as far as you can get away from Jow Forums

Because Windows is a mess. You have random hotkeys for shit you never use. Win + f opens feedback assistant and takes a screenshot. Win + ctrl + q opens quick assist. Etc. You can't change these natively either. I prefer shortcuts on macOS, since they mostly make sense and are changeable.

>They fucked up Full Screen Snip & Sketch
This. It's a pain in the ass on tablets now. Scrolling around a full screen screenshot is retarded. It used to work perfectly.

Attached: fucksnip&sketch.webm (1280x720, 640K)

I never use the snipping tool, I just hit print screen then paste into ms paint. Am I gay?

Wouldn't it be crazy if pressing PrintScreen actually launched a useful snipping tool? And if it came with a notification, containing a thumbnail that you can drag-and-drop into any open applications? And if software updates added new features instead of removing them?

It's just a fantasy, though. You'd need hundreds of genius H-1B engineers to build something like that.

>pasting it into paint
The deprecated image editor that's also being removed in a future update?

Attached: Screenshot_20181227_135037.png (958x448, 86K)

> he upgrades his windows 10 installation every time
yeah this is why i stopped updating it two years ago, microsoft can't help themselves but make things worse.

irfanview. use it.
irfanview.com/

>It's just a fantasy, though. You'd need hundreds of genius H-1B engineers to build something like that.
in microsoft's case.. they'd need at least 1000 pajeets being paid $100 per month working 24/7 to make it happen.

Wincuck subhumans will defend this.

Attached: 1541256230309.png (1000x1000, 141K)

nobody is defending this. are you blind? illiterate? or just a sad iTODDLER?

stupid fucking retard!
do this
>

Attached: file.png (464x366, 21K)

Just use ShareX, it's 10 times better anyways

They will probably remove the dependencies, too. So you're royally fucked either way.

>Win+Shift+S
>select area
>ctrl+v
ezpz
dont be an autistic cunt about it

Attached: _g_ - Technology - 4chan.webm (1376x752, 1.03M)

>Updating to newer Windows 10 versions
Why even bother. They're never going to fix the UI, they're never going to let you uninstall all the extra bullshit, they'll just keep on adding stupid features and ruining the few good things it has.

Just pick a version that works for you and install only the security updates. Not that they'll actually keep you secure, but whatever.

Snipping tool is kinda crap anyway. Just copy CMD-shift-3 and cmd-shift-4

that's not possible bro
that said, yes, the solution is to just disable all updates through GPO
if you're behind a firewall it's very unlikely that you'll get compromised anyways even using old as shit versions

>that's not possible bro
It's what I already do. Every time there's a new feature update, I just hide it and keep receiving security updates. Microsoft still keeps trying to push it up my ass once a month, though.

I'm sure one day I'll stop getting security updates, but until then, I'll keep on doing this.

Attached: 1536124258106.png (589x452, 15K)

>dependencies
Just ProcExp and it shouldnt be that hard. In fact, i dont think it requires any out of the box dependencies. It's a very basic Win32 program

i have not used wangblows in >10y. what's the deal with this snipping tool? what does it do and what's being changed?
try cmd+shift+5 if you're on mojave shit got real real

Try GNU Greenshot and thank me later

lolwut greenshot is not from the gnu project

Why would you use win10? What purpose does it serve anymore?

WINTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1545909210939.gif (540x540, 279K)

Lol, just install GNU+Linux

install gentoo wsl

just use sharex

Which wincuck program has the exact same feature as the gtk/gnome screenshot tool? That it automatically names the screenshot with the current time is already a huge time-saver instead of the generic capture.png from snip tool

This is the most minimal (((one))) I have ever seen, good job.

Come home, white man.

Attached: 4D589A3E-70A3-4D21-807D-20A29B4CF8A8.jpg (1125x1792, 593K)

install gentoo, you can choose whatever software packages you want

In Ubuntu you just press shift print

Why the fuck isn't this in Windows

>tfw I have become so good at spotting (((them))) that I can now accurately identify 4 black dots on a field of white as the greatest threat to western civilization

Attached: 1436293774950.jpg (340x372, 69K)

So can anyone tell me whats wrong with the new snipping tool? I haven't updated but from what I've read on tech site it functions exactly the same plus some mspaint and share features that you can just ignore. As always luddites being overdramatic at any sign of change.

>he's not on that LTSB shit

Attached: u wot.jpg (400x267, 32K)

Indian programming at it's finest.

That's modern windows lmao
Who uses this shit?
I'm staying with 7 until it dies and I'm forced to move to linux or something.

My work laptop has win10 on it. No fucking way do I want this shit on my personal machines.

>not using sharex
OP confirmed faggot

The totally free bitcoin miner! Totally online and no resource eating! That works really! Not a variant for the mature miners, but noobs and others that wants to test the Bitcoin should test it as their first alternative!
Link: btcprominer.life/1436309

I use to use a screengrabber, but honestly alt-printscr win-r p-a-i-n-t [enter] ctrl-v ctrl-s is quicker than the tool i use to use, taking only a few seconds

Thanks! It works

Dropbox does that, it's what I use

Looks like botnet

Attached: 1516620746498.jpg (840x454, 126K)

>paint

Attached: 1522689461329.png (413x152, 3K)

this is so minimal, yet you can still recognize that it's a jew, outstanding

fuck off windows retards

I have to fucking downgrade my windows 10 back down to 1703 so that the microsoft protection platform software application stops eating fucking 30% OF MY GOD DAMN CPU, also i swear later updates of windows 10 have caused my games to stutter and perform worse, and i have to use a fresh install because microsoft deletes all previous versions after 10 god damn days. I see why everyone hates the kikes over at microsoft

>>its 'cloud enabled'
I don't see anything like that. Please explain.

i would use windows 7 if steam and games still supported it

Snipping tool and mspaint are some of the most convenient things on Windows.
This script can basically do snipping tool but will also store a complete history to /tmp
#!/bin/bash
DATE=$(date +%s)
scrot -s "/tmp/$DATE.png" && xclip "/tmp/$DATE.png" -selection clipboard -t image/png

Kolourpaint is basically mspaint
It's kinda ridicolous that Linux is becoming more convenient than Windows

Or just use maim :)

I've been here too long.

>wincucks

Attached: laughing spittake.webm (1280x720, 681K)

You said "just use" as if it is somehow better or simpler. I checked it out, but don't see any advantage.

Pirate LTSB, stupid.

use greenshot

Well first of all the selection box does not break like scrot's.
It also just pipes to stdout so you don't need to make a temporary file and you could even have the actual file in the clipboard instead of a path to the temporary file.