APPLE ADMITS GIVING GOVERNMENTS ACCESS TO THOUSANDS OF IPHONES

IToddlers BTFO

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/apple-iphone-ipad-government-data-privacy-transparency-report-2018-a8697761.html

Attached: 011.jpg (328x329, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thehackernews.com/2017/08/frappening-celebrity-photos.html
hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

t. posted from my handheld Chinese or google bot net.

What are some issues that might arise from the government having your cunnylection?

At least on an android you can root and remove anything you don't want or install another OS

Pic

Attached: CGUZYhnWwAAUFCJ.png (900x450, 228K)

ITODDLERS

Why are you telling us that you are doing that? Who asked?

Attached: btfo.gif (220x123, 113K)

Based

This information is only accessible by Apple if it has been backed up to iCloud. Otherwise, there is no way for it to be accessed.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

thehackernews.com/2017/08/frappening-celebrity-photos.html

hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/

The fappening was an iCloud leak as a result of a phishing attack, so nothing to do with local access, which is what I said could not be accessed. The second link you posted was email address, name, phone number. That’s important and there’s no excuse for that shit, but it’s really not that useful.

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1542356601440.gif (500x491, 376K)

based

That literally proves his point considering it was an icloud problem

basede

based

Attached: 1496527453589.jpg (229x329, 18K)

itoddlers will defend this

based and qtpilled.

based

>t. itoddler

>b-but they were all pedophiles and criminals!

Why do you not understand the difference between the icloud and the local device?

Define "device" and "access"

oof

niggerbassed and red prescription pills

Apple is ultimately our friend.

I may not agree with their business practices, or their "notch", or the way their repair policies work. I find them offensive, actually.
But where literally any other company would just roll over and comply with whatever request the US government makes, be it engineering backdoors into customer accounts or purposefully weakening their security systems, it's always Apple that actually reads the warrant and contests it in court. But the fact that Apple, a multi-billion dollar conglomerate with no stake in opsec whatsoever, actually has these beliefs and seems to fulfill them speaks volumes to me as a consumer.

Do I own an Apple product? No. I have a rooted Galaxy S5 that I've been using since 2016. Custom firmware, recovery, everything. But I still don't know if it would hold up to whatever maliciousness a guy at Customs might have when he performs a "random" cell phone check and copies over my phone's data to his computer, simply because I'm at an international airport and my rights are literally meaningless to him. From what I can tell with Apple, though, it just might.

Apple (in comparison to Google and Microsoft) is probably miles better for the average Joe looking to use a computer or phone as is, but considering Apple is a part of PRISM I wouldn't exactly call them my friend. One would do well to assume those "not complying with law enforcement" are just marketing stunts. A much better bet is going for libre OS and firmware where possible, but if you're doing some real shit like trafficking drugs by the ton, you probably want a manufacturer to make devices especially for you (see that Blackberry scandal for something similar), or you probably have a weak link somewhere.

But didn't Apple build itself up with libre tier stuff? Like isn't MacOS just a proprietary UNIX thing with a BSD kernel?

is anyone even surprised?

yikes

Based

they already are
sick fucks

>applel