He's not using emacs

>he's not using emacs
explain yourself

Attached: 20160108-001.png (2772x1748, 758K)

Great taste OP.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1080x779, 204K)

I have a real job to do.

I use VSCode and nano. I don't need the autism offered by Emacs.

Ok use your electron-based garbage instead while i make my comfy software

I don't want RSI.
Vim master race.

I used emacs for years. That's why I'm using vim now.

VSCode with vim commands master race. Efficient editing with the conveniences of an IDE and no "addons for every single thing" autism.

I use emacs and nano
Fuck vim btw

Attached: image.jpg (990x1188, 1.76M)

>not using emacs -nw

Remember: being a contrarian does not make you seem cool.

Literally why? Just use vim if all you have is a terminal.

I've been using Evil mode for a while, gets me 99% of vim that I care about.

>He likes something I don’t like so he must just want to look cool

Attached: image.jpg (621x595, 169K)

Jow Forums made me fall for the vim meme ten years ago and I haven't been able to leave since, spacemacs, evil, viper & others aren't good enough, emacs simply isn't thought as a modal editor.
Also neovim will be much better once it's done. All vimfriends should donate to neovim.

Attached: screenshot_2018-12-27-13:45:31.png (752x356, 28K)

neovim is already better, it reads from ~/.config/nvim/init.vim by default, instead of having to always use ~/.vimrc

Because I use nvim for generic editing and vscode with vim extension for programming projects.

I'm not gay.

>all these faggots using VSCode.. sad
I use kate.

Better than emacs? I guess it depends on what you value. The one feature I really want is to be able to connect multiple clients to a same instance. It's something emacs is able to do but that neovim can't for now (but it's planned!), so even though I prefer neovim, I still recognize that emacs is better.

i use nano or notepad++ (on windows), because emacs has FOREVER sucked massive amounts of cock. vim is just as cancerous.

I think you're just a little stupid and probably don't even edit much

Because no one editor actually gives me all the features I need. So my editing life now is basically a solution to the set cover problem, which is a colossal pain in the ass because I prefer Emacs keybindings and emulation plugins for other editors don't quite nail it.

you obviously don't think at all, you stupid fucking faggot. get back to configuring your linux files, lamer.. using EMACS. top fucking kek.

I use nvim though :)

>nvim
you couldn't be any more cancerous than this. amazing.

Right back at you pal.
Please enjoy your peanut brained life for us functioning individuals.

Attached: NO.png (480x360, 180K)

Nice bait

But I am.

because ed exists

I don't use Apple products.

You don't have to, Emacs has been ported anywhere

>apple screenshot

Attached: 1545912131026.png (356x177, 16K)

it's 150 mb

vi is available by default on any *nix system by default

Tramp-mode let's you use Emacs on any system trough SSH
So you're argument is false

based, kate is awesome
although I want to start using emacs since I've seen the value of it but I just can't make myself go devote time into learning it

not VSCodium and not micro.
Cringe and bluepilled

Check out Spacemacs.

Use Sam and Kate, fucktard.

>VS Code
>not autistic

based and konqipilled

>install ssh client
>connect to remote server
>do file editing of (sensitive system) files on the remote system
>remember to clean everything when you are done

Or you could just use vi locally.

TRAMP automates the whole process and Emacs runs locally.

>programming
>not autistic

Never said I am not autistic. I just don't need further autism from Emacs. Literally zero use for me.

Attached: 13-wojak_00.w710.h473.2x.jpg (1420x946, 57K)

Is it easy to set up emacs so it has good autocompletion for the languages that I want?
Things like C++, Python, Javascript

most distros are able to install Emacs without any scripts.

The point I am making is that it is not installed by default. Meaning you have to install it on every fresh system you get in touch with. Vi is always there.

yea fuck learning that shit. Kate is the best open source editor that exists. Too bad sublime text isn't open source. cucked itself.

Text editors I like:
kate
emacs
nano
vscode

You're a moron.
>install Emacs on laptop
>get SSH access to whatever other system
>use TRAMP via Emacs on laptop
>done

Just use ed instead

I know how to install Emacs. That's not the reason I don't use Emacs. The reason I don't use it is because it's not on *nix systems by default.

nano works just fine and Im too lazy to install emacs

come home white man

Attached: visual-studio-code-icon.png (256x256, 14K)

Well, it is easy when you know what's going on. If you don't care about knowing what's going on you could probably find appropriate configs somewhere. Anyways, reaching the point where I could knowingly change my config took me about a year but I was being lazy. Maybe I should've read some solid manual from the start.

I value my time

A pity you don't value your daily tool, your editor.

Yes, that's true most of the time

I do, that's why I don't use one that requires me to waste time
Imagine needing to endlessly configure your screwdriver

My pinky finger gets tired too easily from pushing ctrl for almost every hotkey. I even moved it to correct position (where windows keyboards have "capslock" button) but the problem persists. I used to use Emacs for casual stuff before I started programming for a real job, now I just use finetuned Sublime.

You don't need to do it endlessly. Well, you don't need at all. You modify it when you think you can improve your workflow. Or do you think your editor is perfect as it is and you never wanted a feature that it doesn't have and you are sure you will never want one?

No, you aren't supposed to use Emacs default keybindings. Spacemacs (as others have mentioned) provides Emacs with sane defaults.

Joke's on you user I have a job and I'm using Emacs to write Clojure in it (not OP)

I started to use Emacs only for Org-mode , but now I'm considering switching to Emacs entirely.

I don't understand org-mode hype.

I didn't either
But I decided to give it a try and I liked it.

I normally do notes on plain text files that I leave on my desktop. I really like folding content and dividing my notes into sections and subsections and linking multiple files.

That's pretty much it really. There's also Org-mode publishing and a bunch of other stuff that's interesting but I don't have use for it right now.

You can use whatever editor but you should always be using a vim add-on in them.

Shit dude you could divide notes into sections and subsections with a normal txt file too.
You can also do folding in vim too. Yes really.
No need to install a whole operating system for that.

i don't use emacs because nano is better

Attached: Nano.png (800x450, 5K)

>Writing markdown on emacs.
>Not using org-mode.

Well yeah, Emacs is a bit too overkill for what I want to accomplish.
I'm gonna check that text folding in Vim, thanks user.

>VSCodium
I have bad news user...
[spoiler]you need to be connected to the internet to compile vscode, vscodium did not escape this.[/spoiler]

>he's not using Doom Emacs

Attached: Ju26xaP.png (854x480, 342K)

I spend a month trying emacs and found literally zero reasons to stick with besides looking cool. Terminal + multiple vim windows do the job for me.

>no need to use a text editor to fold notes!
>you can use another text editor to do that!
Great tip user

Of course I am not using this shit. I am earning money, not playing with some shitty features

I use VS Code for maximum productivity with the best theme, dude.

Attached: received_270989666915429.jpg (960x580, 34K)

do you have good tutorial on learnig emacs.

Download it and read the documentation.

who the fuck are you?

>spacemacs, evil, viper & others aren't good enough, emacs simply isn't thought as a modal editor.
lol evil is better than vim can ever dream
yep, every language plugin hooks up into company-mode. emacs is beautiful. is it easy to set up? yes, but it takes a bit of time.
fuck spacemacs honestly, just build up yourself with use-package
I've made more money than you without leaving emacs.
only acceptable alternative
don't (you) the tripshit

btw: EXWM is the true red pill.

not a useles virgin faggot wih no future
what's our excuse for using it OP? besides being a faggot.