There is a 32gb SSD somewhere on this motherboard, but i'm not sure where its located

There is a 32gb SSD somewhere on this motherboard, but i'm not sure where its located.

Anyone knows?

Attached: ssd.jpg (1920x998, 259K)

soldered

What does that mean? Quite new to this.

Thanks for the help!

Kill yourself

is just a chip somewhere between all those other ones, and cant change it

Learn English Pajeet.

Look for a chip that looks like the ones in the sodimms, but soldered on the board. Thats the SSD.

There doesn't seem to be any sockets, which makes me think it's physically attached
Solder is a metal bond, you won't be able to remove anything soldered without specific tools

can anyone back me up on this? I remember on my laptop the SSD being mounted in a similar fashion, OP's image is too small so I can't read the label but this looks like the SSD to me

Attached: 1545927773958.jpg (1920x998, 493K)

That seems to be a networking card, I see no reason why you would attach wires to an SSD like that.

That's the wireless card. Notice the antennae. The SSD is probably on the flipside.

Cards such as those are usually for wireless
The wires linked onto it are the recievers, SSDs wouldn't have those.

that's the wireless card. hence the wires trailing off for the antenna in the back of the screen

that's a wirelass card

Probably under the heatsink, also that thing is not a SSD but eMMC, different, waaay slower and lasts less.

SSD is a big chip under the metal heatsink. Actually it's just a crappy eMMC chip anyway, basically a micro SD card but in a chip.

>emmc isn't ssd

Attached: 6e910d25.png (700x823, 271K)

An EEPROM is also a solid state drive, but not what people mean with SSD

On the other side of the motherboard dingus

Both are flash memory but they are different things.

this all thread.

Attached: cape-fear-.jpg (1600x900, 182K)

Reddit fag

GTFO

it's in ur moms pussy

He said while using reddit formatting

By your logic, a MicroSD card is an SSD too. An eMMC is literally a chip version of that. If you think a MicroSD is comparable to an SSD, go install an OS on one and try using it a while.

>reddit format

Who are you quoting?

High quality bait

Its on the bottom part of the motherboard, flip it

Holy shit, it took like two dozen replies for the most obvious answer.

Jow Forums is full of dumbshits that don't actually know anything about computers

Attached: 1451155373819.png (512x654, 269K)

eMMC, most likely on the other side.
That's a wireless card nigga
What is this, a chromebook? HP Stream?
You can buy BGA chips specifically with SATA interfaces sold as SSD's, but that's usually the divide between flash and "SSD"

eMMC is nearly raw flash, not a "Drive".
A SATA BGA chip has a controller on it, making it a "Drive"
Same reason a SPI EEPROM isn't a SSD, it's not a "Drive"

yes you can lol

See

Removing and reballing a new eMMC on it that might not even be compatible only to get 64-128GB storage?
At that point night aswell buy external storage.

>All that empty space
The fuck is that? There is way more space in that case then there ever should be.