Ironic

Ironic...

Attached: 6ejhq4mijt621.png (720x595, 41K)

of course they love it, they use it to make money and spy on people to sell their data

chink botnet liek data

matrix/riot >

Now when will they open their own shit?
based.

this.

What kind of open source project uses an app for literal kids for communication?

>End-to-end encryption is in beta and may not be reliable.
>You should not yet trust it to secure data.
It's been like that for years now REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why would Discord be a "kids app"?

Why? Open Source has always been a cancer. Just look at Android. It's perfectly correct to give Open Source the bad name it deserves by Discord "loving" it jist like Microsoft "loves" Linux.

Because you must be a kid to not understand how much freedom is important to your safety. Replace Discord with qTox, it has the same utilities, but a real secure encryption and doesn't spy on you.

Tox is completely different from the way Discord works and their dev team has way too much drama, like that time one of the devs hijacked the Tox.im domain to show a note complaining about other devs.

I think Riot is the best alternative to Discord.

What do you expect from Zoomers and onion Millienials. This is why GenX always gets the job done.

they're covering their ass man. They just want to be truthful.
Just like how when you don't have e2e it says "this is not encrypted" when reality it all runs through TLS and is encrypted lol

Tox is just a shittier version of briar.

Notice how each one of these proprietary software companies which "love open source" urge people to use a non-copyleft license.

TLS doesn't mean shit unless you're self hosting.

>not self hosting
you have to go back
other than that, it's still encrypted, but the server of course could see what the message content is. That's the beauty of it, though... name 1 other chat that would say it's unencrypted. Facebook, whatsapp, discord, etc all boast of their "ENCRYPTED CHATS" when in reality they decode all the data as soon as it hits servers

>you have to go back
To the sanity? Imagine a scenario where everyone self-hosts and 1 user equals 1 server. So much useless overhead.
And if there's more than 1 person on the server, TLS is useless for private communication as server owner can read other people's messages.

The thing with online services is that you can never know if the service is the same as the open source one, unless you host it yourself.

I self-host a riot server for personal use and I self-host a teamspeak server for talking with friends. Teamspeak isn’t open source but it doesn’t spy. Definitely the best replacement for discord. Riot voice chat sucks, but the messaging is fine.

>peer to peer is useless overhead
no, come back when you actually learn how communications networks work

daily reminder permissive licensing is a joke
copyleft all the way

oh boy, can't wait for literally everyone I ever interact with on your hypothetical service to dox the shit out of me

daily reminder copyleft is a joke
permissive licensing all the way

Great world

Actually, you've got a point. But unless servers are part of the clients themselves, client-server-server-client communication is dumb and adds unnecessary overhead.

what is e2e encryption
what is a proxy
what is not intentionally sending pictures of your bank account info to everyone you meet

daily reminder permissive licensing is what copyright thieves want you to use so they can continue stealing

are you implying that IP addresses aren't PII?
are you implying that everyone who's remotely interested in your service has to use a proxy to connect to it?

Synapse is finally Less Awful on system resources, although I'll still probably migrate to Dendrite when that's ready.

fpbp

That shit spams you with "epic gaymen maymays" from the moment you open it. It's literally advertised as a program for gaymer kids.

>Because you must be a kid to not understand how much freedom is important to your safety.

If you're an adult you don't discuss any personal details over a chat app. Simples.

based dark theme