35c3 Day 1/2

Schedule today:
fahrplan.events.ccc.de/congress/2018/Fahrplan/schedule/1.html

Schedule tomorrow:
fahrplan.events.ccc.de/congress/2018/Fahrplan/schedule/2.html

Live streams:
streaming.media.ccc.de/35c3

Attached: 300px-35C3_Logo.jpg (300x245, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

events.ccc.de/congress/2018/wiki/index.php/Filesharing
media.ccc.de/v/35c3-9375-silivaccine_north_korea_s_weapon_of_mass_detection
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

events.ccc.de/congress/2018/wiki/index.php/Filesharing

hall a now

Pure democracy edition

lmao

Attached: 1545879659910.jpg (2048x2048, 816K)

You don't have to leave the console

npm install 35c3 -g

Attached: 50473894-1d826880-09bf-11e9-9c59-d3028129d9ec.gif (1072x630, 1.68M)

Attached: 1545923615832.jpg (2048x1536, 481K)

>npm

into /dev/null it goes

I live an hour away by plane, and could get a ticket. Never been there, should I go? With zero planning

if you like trannies and hate white men then yes

Now this is advanced victim complex

You won't get a ticket.

Fuck trannies!

There are lots of them being offered on the irc, from ppl who couldn't go

>PS4 talk on the 28th is the one everyone wants to see
>It will be in German and not livestreamed
>The Vita talk will be livestreamed in English
I can't keep my sides in tact because it's literally what every fuck on /v/ didn't want happening

That said, any talks you're looking forward to?

nice talk about Sednit and their UEFI Rootkit!

Martin Sonnerborn.

Do they even use Linux?

imagine being this butthurt

Now that it has a CoC, yes.

took Jow Forums only 35 congresses to realize CCC is leftwing

Ich möchte nur mal kurz etwas einwerfen. Was du als "Linux" bezeichnest ist in Wirklichkeit "GNU/Linux", oder wie ich seit kurzem zu sagen pflege, "GNU mit Linux". Linux ist kein Betriebssystem an sich sondern vielmehr eine weitere freie Komponente eines funktionstüchtigen GNU Systems, das sich aus den GNU Kernbibliotheken, Kommandozeilenwerkzeuge und lebenswichtigen Komponenten ein vollwertiges Betriebssystem laut POSIX-Definition ergibt.

Viele Computeranwender arbeiten jeden Tag mit einer angepassten Version des GNU Systems ohne es zu merken. Durch eine eigentümliche Wendung der Ereignisse wird die heutzutage am häufigsten genutzte Version von GNU oftmals als "Linux" bezeichnet und viele Anwender sind sich nicht bewusst darüber, dass es sich im Grunde genommen um das vom GNU-Projekt entwickelte GNU-System handelt.

Linux gibt es wirklich und diese Leute verwenden es auch, aber es ist nur ein Teil des verwendeten Systems. Linux ist der Kernel: Das Programm, das im System die Ressourcen der Hardware den anderen Anwendungen, die man ausführt, zuweist. Der Kernel ist ein unersetzbarer Teil eines vollständigen Betriebssystems aber auf sich alleine gestellt nutzlos; er kann nur im Kontext eines vollständigen Betriebssystems seine Aufgaben erfüllen. Linux wird im Normalfall in Kombination mit dem GNU Betriebssystem eingesetzt: Das Gesamtsystem ist im Grunde GNU mit zusätzlichem Linux, oder "GNU/Linux". All die sogenannten "Linux Distributionen" sind in Wirklichkeit "GNU/Linux Distributionen".

Attached: 1545662436286.jpg (1280x960, 513K)

Thank you based user, I somehow managed to not see this on the fahrplan.

commie shit. gas them all.

>media.ccc.de/v/35c3-9375-silivaccine_north_korea_s_weapon_of_mass_detection
why are the best korea talks the most fun of them all?

I changed ethernet cable and so far so good.

user are you in the right thread

>tfw tomorrow will be the only day i'll be there
>tfw i dont care about ps4 at all
:-)

im going to enjoy the vita talk, the ps4 talk is just to explain how to run unsigned code via their video apps on any firmware
this (assuming i understand this) means shit like crunchyroll, netflix, media player, hulu, etc all fall under this category

Oh damn, looks like you went to the wrong board XD

[spoiler]exploiting a userland video player application to execute unsigned code in a restricted modified bsd ecosystem as opposed to exploiting webkit for the nth fucking time[/spoiler]
its Jow Forums whether you like it or not. video game hardware is technology

>its Jow Forums whether you like it or not. video game hardware == technology
false

If you are actually implying that software exploitation is not Jow Forums related you can fucking neck yourself bitchboy. I don't play video games but a nice exploit is always fun.

>technology is not technology
the ps4's security coprocessor that handles all its crypto is a small for knox that is inaccessible even with kernel access nor does it have any known software/hardware exploits that allow one to dump the keys from it
it's Jow Forums. just because you dont like it doesnt make it technology

the ps4 lifespan has been
>webkit exploit on 1.76 to get kernel access
>webkit exploit on 4.05 to get kernel access
>webkit exploit on 4.55 to get kernel access
>webkit exploit on 4.74 to get kernel access
>webkit exploit on 5.05/5.07 to get kernel access
>webkit exploit on 6.02/6.20 thats only a PoC right now but isnt patched
>video application exploit that affects every single version of the firmware because it likely exploits how the system works rather than what the system uses

the vita was at the time the most secure system on the market and only got kernel access by a very kind soul disclosing a webkit exploit. not an easy one but a very fucking complex one

>gaymes are technology
lol no. No one ever cared about gaymes except of lil kids

Alright, 0/10 by now. Try harder niggerboy.

your bait needs work

Well, I got doubles, faggot. Fuck yuo!

twice which negates it and makes you a girl faggot

singledubs has spoken

My trips > his faggot dubs

PS: checkem

retard

ha fucker, you didn't do shit

the real hackers on these platforms don't give a fuck about games, and piracy. The end goal is to get unsigned code and run homebrew and linux which sounds pretty Jow Forums to me piracy is a byproduct done by /v/ faggots

Who is watching the Fax presentation?

Yes

Attached: IMG_20181227_205706.jpg (4032x3024, 562K)

You know, 20 odd years ago, when the knowledge of what was loosely called "ECHELON" was being made public, the handwritten fax transmission was considered the most secure form of plain-text communication because at the time, the tech did not exist to troll satellites and cables for handwritten keywords.

Fax is kino

>printer uses JS
JUST

who is watching the kernel memory corruption talk?

Fucking KINO

Nein Richard, es ist 'Linux', nicht 'GNU/Linux'. Den größten Beitrag der FSF zu Linux war die Erstellung der GPL und des GCC. Das sind durchaus gute und durchdachte Produkte - GCC war ein monumentaler Erfolg und hat dir, RMS, und der Freiheit Software Grundlage unermessliches Lob und Wertschätzung eingebracht.

[Ich bin nicht gelangweilt genug um den Rest der copypasta zu übersetzen].

What stream is that on? Don't see it anywhere

It's not broadcasted for some stupid fucking reason.

>commander keen's compression is used by hp
what a fucking weird world we live in

>>(yes, I am a Nazi)
Kek, is this the new "oh btw I'm gay if that matters"

But Satan, that was pretty dry desu

Wir haben vollen Kreis gekommen

>JIGABYTES

Edit: i am trans btw

Ahh thats fucked

Anyone gonna watch Tactical Embodiment for the memes to kill time until modchips?

what's the talk called?

so Jow Forums how does a fax work

Put paper, call, paper gets transported to other printer somehow

>Data comes in
>paper jam comes out

>paperjam comes out
user it cant come out, its a paperjam

dont fax at all and sign all your contracts in person.
It's easy as that

thanks but what was the name, I can't find it?

hey fellow nazi

Singen wir morgen gemeinsam die zweite Strophe unseres Titelliedes, Schatz?

is there any particular reason its always held in gemrany? is there some tech laws that permit stuff like this?

no, german commies started doing it decades ago. up until 5 years ago all talks were in german. the globalization of the CCC is a recent phenomenon. my guess is soros funding

Is there an anti antifa assembly at some point?

i dont understand german but i have a somewhat okay grasp at whatever is said during these talks so i never really lose anything with the language barrier
i suppose being a convention full of literal big brained nerds might make language irrelevant unless its speaking directly to someone

Yes incels rise up!

>convention full of literal big brained nerds
lmao, you're too late for that

is "open source firmware" not getting streamed or is this message from the previous talk?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I WANNA WATCH DAT

this. sjws have infiltrated and taken over. tech talks are at the level of "how does tcp/ip work", rest is political screeching about ebil government not opening borders

antifa cancelled it

the bar is low so its not like its hard to meet the bare minimum

god the fax talk pls kill it with fire. why can't there be normal people? everyone is some lefty greens faggy fag

All politics I have seen so far has been that russians hacked elections according to three letter agency

I am too much of a newfag regarding these conferences to talk serious about that, but it feels like that the introductionary talks are only about (current/new) hype technology and there are still plenty of """real""" tech talks.
Though it is obvious that there are a lot more political talks now, but i am not sure if this is just a (long) phase. It will probably get less in a year or two (hopefully the political hype around the ccc will sink too. There are already too many people)

pls dont troll. #rude
it's on pause now, so i guess it will get streamed ;-)

Question, are all talks recorded and uploaded on YouTube?

yes

probably at some point

You mean the adcompany?

Except the ones that don't get streamed at all.
And if not youtube, then media.ccc.de

Why don't you upload them yourself, fag?

Oh shit hundreds of antifa is gathering outside of the conference hall. They are planning to kill all white men inside. RIP incels

Attached: mqdefault.jpg (320x180, 14K)

Thanks for the info user,
is there a reason why some don't get uploaded?

Bribes from companies whose image they would taint, I presume.

>is there a reason why some don't get uploaded?
No, i don't know.
My guess is that either the speaker does not want that or it is because of some ciritcal stuff or shit like that (e.g. mabye ps4 talk today?)

>today
%s/today/tomorrow

CRISPR talk = gold