Am I the only one here that uses this garbage ISP? Constant outages, constant signal loss...

Am I the only one here that uses this garbage ISP? Constant outages, constant signal loss, it's fucking endless and nothing ever changes.

I basically have two choices in my area; Cox and AT&T. AT&T only offers 25Mbps which is fucking nothing, and while Cox is trash, at least I get 300Mpbs. AT&T is $50 for that too, while I pay $90 for 6x the speed from Cox. That said, I'm fucking done with this trash ass ISP and their trash ass infrastructure. Just now, got disconnected for the 2nd time in the middle of a multiplayer game today.

It's just absolute dogshit. Are there other Jow Forums users that have to suffer through this shit like me?

Attached: cox.jpg (344x147, 10K)

You should probably have them inspect your drop, or you need a newer modem. Out of the 20 years with them, the only problems I had were when the line was bad and they fixed it. Pic related, my modem signal levels. Healthy as FUCK

Attached: Screenshot_20181227_164104.png (912x943, 113K)

Maybe you live up north or something, because where I live (Louisiana) it's complete and utter trash. Been like this over a month now, just now I called them to get a tech to come out and they tell me they can't because "there's an outage in your area."

Same thing yesterday, and the day before that too and it never changes.

Last year we had issues where our upload speed dropped to literally nothing, and it persisted for months despite like 3 different techs coming out. It's because their infrastructure is all on utility poles where I live, and it's all just trash infrastructure that they never get around to fixing.

Attached: Capture.jpg (891x1289, 286K)

also, what my status page looks like, now keep in mind this is like right after it went out and forced my modem to reset and come back on.

It's a line problem, considering the warnings say you are nearing the upper-edge of a power level limit.

I'm in Kansas, the lines are also on utility poles.

forgot pic

Attached: status.jpg (849x1275, 160K)

they are working on a line near me right now, I see trucks down the street but regardless this shit is happening even when they're not working on the lines.

That said, I am switching to AT&T regardless as soon as they roll out fiber where I live. I just can't deal with how shitty Cox is all the time.

Attached: Capture.jpg (970x174, 28K)

Since OP doesn't like Cox, does this mean he's not a faggot?

Does Cox have data caps? I was running into them constantly back when I still had AT&T.

Also, have you double-checked the coaxial in your house? I was having similar problems, constant dropouts etc, until I replaced the RG-59 and splitter the tech installed with a single run of RG-6

Hmmm I live in Wichita with Cox and have their 300 package and have only experienced one or two outages over the past year

Right, I was mentioning the lines in Kansas are also on utility poles and don't have these kinds of issues.

Hell, they recently sent me a new modem for free because my 8 channel in their mind wasn't good enough for the 100Mbps service I have.

They used to have no data caps, then about a year ago they instigated one and now charge $30 for 500gb extra and $50 for unlimited. It's complete bullshit.

I've had like nearly 20 techs come out to my house in the past 3 or so years. Have had the same issues at multiple addresses with multiple modems and equip. Cox is just plain shit in my area and it's never gonna change.

I doubt it's my own coaxial cables, but on the off chance it was, would they re-wire my whole house with newer cables and shit? They already ran a brand new line to my house from the utility pole last year and it changed nothing, but all the cables inside my house itself, maybe it's an issue with them idk.

That said, I only have 1 single splitter between the modem and the cable line that comes into our house, and it's been changed multiple times by cox techs. I've also checked all the lines and they all look completely fine, so unless it's something wrong with a cable inside my walls or some shit I have no idea what would be causing the issues.

Ah. I assumed you were OP because my neighborhood the only two options are a sub-40 att or cox at up to 300 lol

I use it.

FUCK having shitty data caps, I had to get the fucking 50 dollar unlimited bullshit so I wouldn't have to pay these fucking fees. The kicker? The gigabit plans from all ISPs offer unlimited shit for FREE and cost only ten bucks more, but it isn't offered in my area.

t. 300mb up 30 mb down unlimited Cox customer

The data cap is supposedly 1 TB for all plans.

Yes. 1TB.

THIS

Yeah i had cost for years and it was aweful. Lag out of a lot of games because of that shit

Comcast > att > cox

I don't know about Cox's policy on in-home repair, you'd have to ask. I have Charter and they'll charge you if it's not a problem with their own equipment

If you want to do a little troubleshooting yourself, plug the modem into the cable that goes directly to the pole on the outside of your house. If your issue goes away then you've narrowed the problem down to your own wiring, which you can replace yourself if you're a DIYer. If your internet still sucks there's nothing you can do on your end except keep complaining.
What do the techs say to you?

I've done that before actually, back when I was having upload issues and the same thing happened. Pretty sure 99% at least it's with the lines in my area, and nothing inside my house.

>tfw spectrum keeps sending ads in your mailbox
>not available in my area

Attached: 03FC27CC-4E9C-43EA-94D8-6D3777EA3F2F.jpg (199x130, 7K)