Could someone actually explain to me in coherent words what the fuck is wrong with firefox...

Could someone actually explain to me in coherent words what the fuck is wrong with firefox? I cant tell if people are just memeing memeing fucks or if there is something i am not getting
>extentions broke ree
okay smallbrain, that will get fixed eventually. anything ELSE?

Attached: 1740B4DC-5C98-4968-A49B-B384C3AE80B6.jpg (599x600, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/63.0.1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no mouse gestures
no multi-row tabs

>mouse gestures
*laughs in bloat*
>multirow tabs
alright, thats a fair criticism. but if you use so many tabs that it justifies requiring them to be on multiple rows...
well, 1: you can open a new instance, 2. stop using such a retarded ammount of tabs or 3. DOWNLOAD A FUCKING EXTENTION FOR IT.

It's slow, buggy, and it's a bloated RAM hog. So are Chrome and Chromium but at least they don't lock up and leave all my pages showing a little gray spinner.

Attached: 1445216774280.gif (400x225, 1.7M)

Mozilla prioritizes diversity over quality of work.

what the fuck are you on about? have you even used firefox?

Attached: 2E71BF43-8B33-4D63-B570-C6DAFF00B887.png (455x417, 170K)

I dunno man. I'm loving everything since Quantum came out, though I've been a FF user long enough to remember being annoyed when v3 came out and they changed a bunch of stuff.

Didn't they cave to netflix and amazon and add in DRM detecting spyware in the last release?

I remember reading them say they didn't want to do it but users would be unable to access streaming services without it so they were "forced" to.

Pretty sure it amounts to them including a certain amount of black box code written by copyright management people that is almost certainly spying on you.

What do you have like 2GB of ram? I only have 8 myself and have literally never seen a single page do that even after days or weeks of having it in the background

big if true. finally, something actually coherent.
source?

It prompts you to download the widivine plugin if you open a web page that uses widivine. I used it to stream network television on an ubuntu live installation.

Let's audit the code!

Attached: hardwork.jpg (1024x682, 109K)

The telemetry is what rustles my jimmies. Opt out is predatory bullshit.
That said it’s the most customizable one on the market and my go to. I think some of the anger comes from the betrayal of Mozilla falling from grace. Firefox was the last good mainstream browser.

I used Firefox for 4+ years and I switch to Chromium 3 months ago because I couldn't deal with all the bugs in Firefox.

I have 32GB of RAM. The spinners aren't caused by low RAM. It's some sort of bug that just happens randomly on recent Firefox ESR versions.

Attached: _0.png (360x262, 190K)

Politics, it seems. Which I'm not sure why I would give a shit about.

But Firefox is a quality product. Best browser there is, all things considered.

what kind of bugs? elaborate.

He's talking about Widewine, which doesn't come with the browser. Rather if you're on a site that needs it, it asks you if you'd like to download and use it. Which IMO is the best solution.

Firefox is the only choice.

It's a complete clusterfuck, but at least it's better than Chrome.

Attached: 1543003465059.png (1442x1079, 1.71M)

AAAAA WHY DOES DRAGGING SOMETIMES ACT AS IF I DRAGGED AN IMAGE OR LINK FROM SEVERAL PAGES BACK, CAUSING THE PAGE TO CHANGE WHEN I LET GO OF THE MOUSE
IT EVEN HAPPENS WHEN I MOVE THE SCROLL BAR
ALL I CAN FIND IS ONE REDDIT POST ABOUT IT WITH NO FIX

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (680x708, 387K)

Firefox is pretty fast in my experience, and my PC is a piece of shit. As for the RAM hog thing, this is how much it's taking up for me. But aren't most browsers ram hogs?

Attached: well.jpg (628x47, 6K)

You and all the other shit for brains Firefox shills who constantly spam your calls to install malware while constantly spewing lies are the main issue. Then there the its literally malware and slow bloated poorly written garbage that no one wants to use.
Have a nice day!

people have made and downloaded extensions for that and other things, but they like to break compatibility with old extensions every couple versions now
I'm just using it because Chrome got even more bloated and locked-down than Firefox, and after switching a couple times and having browsers break compatibility a few times I don't even really bother with extensions any more

Ever heard of vivaldi?

>UI written in javascript
>entire UI gets wiped and blanked out every other update
>laggy as shit in basic tasks like rearranging tabs

i've found iridium browser to be fairly good on ram usage. I run swagbucks ncraves on it nonstop and don't suffer ram usage bloat like I would over time with firefox or vivaldi. ncraves are just ad pages that load a shit ton of ads and videos, refreshing every 10-30 seconds or so for 16-30 rounds for points, with a little bit of bandwidth throttling it works really nicely. On firefox, it would crap itself after a few rounds, needing me to kill and reopen the browser, but I've had iridium going for a few days now, no ram bloating at all. firefox would see 2-4+gb if I let it with constant 30-50% cpu usage and pegging hdd pretty often. running a cleaner like mem reduct only does so much. both are worst case, no adblocking at all. iridium has no issue with this.

I like firefox because everytime I close my browser:
-> Cookies Deleted
-> History Deleted
-> Passwords Deleted
-> Evidence of my being a horrid human being who should be behind bars also Deleted
-> The UI isn't shit
-> It wasn't made by google: A company that would literally do anything to put tracking collars on every living person on the planet (Sadly not everyone likes android phones so they don't have them on EVERYONE... yet...)

In all reality: I just like the UI more. I don't even use extensions or plugins. I use vanilla ass firefox cause I like it more.

Attached: RobotWaifu.jpg (620x792, 169K)

>iToddler detected

>It's slow, buggy, and it's a bloated RAM hog.
it's not

nothing's stopping you from restarting it

ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/63.0.1/
> EME-free

Nope. Current phone is a Moto G6.

When you can get coffee for $6
or iCoffee(tm) for $599

You get regular fucking coffee cause they are the same shit.