Lately I've been trying to figure out the best way to take math notes. I really want to use LaTex in emacs org mode...

Lately I've been trying to figure out the best way to take math notes. I really want to use LaTex in emacs org mode, but I can't figure out a way to tab autocomplete latex commands, similar to what TexStudio does. Any ideas?

Attached: Emacs-icon.sh_.png (1000x1000, 155K)

Lyx.

Vim masterace

Attached: Fujisaki2.jpg (300x168, 9K)

That's actually a good idea. I always took notes in overleaf, but I didn't realize you could use org mode with latex

Bumparino

Try ac-org, that should autocomplete idk

This

Attached: 10-290x250.jpg (290x250, 8K)

If you're comfortable with ELisp, you can make mode for EMACS that make LATEX nearly autonomous.

I'm sure there's existing resources. This isn't exactly a niche problem. There's a couple of libraries, but I can't get them to work.

I have never written in lisp before today, and through googline I managed to create a large init.el file that contains my comfortable settings. Try it.

Using Lisp in 2018

Attached: 1545746107295.jpg (580x1024, 75K)

Pencil/pen and paper

AFAIK if you open a latex code snippet in a termporary buffer you can use AUCtex in it. Read about it, it seems like what you want

rtfm

Attached: 15341-img9101s-1.jpg (500x257, 53K)

What i did was have a custom mode that combines org-mode and latex-mode, then any completion backend works on both org commands and latex commands, with latex overriding the overlap.

>emacs

Stop being a dirty hipster and just use TexStudio.

Attached: autism.png (985x485, 195K)

that sounds really cool, care to share more?

evil mode

Look up define-derived-mode in the reference manual.

This, fucking autists

Yikes

Thanks mate