Ddaaaaaammmmmmnnnnnn unix looks like that!?

>ddaaaaaammmmmmnnnnnn unix looks like that!?

Attached: 401198D1-1FC4-45E7-ABE8-F9CC1320F195.png (2880x1800, 2.18M)

but why? why not just install linux at that point? appleOS has the negatives of both linux and winshit combined and not really any of the positives.

because they're a webdev brainlet. look at the code.

MacOS is fully posit complaint Unix with several benefits over GNU/Linux, mainly good third party software support. People go out of their way to make sure that their is a MacOS version of whatever they develop. It’s also incredibly stable and, if you know your way around a terminal, very customisable.

What positives do you see it lacking?

Come back when you can run photoshop on Linux

>/Users
>posix

>What positives do you see it lacking?
its proprietary and any computers that can actually run it easily are way overpriced and have shit processing power and thermal throttle themselves.

Yup. Fully posix compliance for over a decade. /users instead of /home changes what now?

> MacOS is fully posit complaint Unix with several benefits over GNU/Linux
It implements posix functions wrong and the program installed called gcc is actually clang, not even a symlink to clang, wtf? gcc and clang are not 100% compatible with each other, i had issues because of that

You can run latest photoshop through wine

>proprietary

Darwin/XNU kernel has been open source for over a decade. Some things are proprietary, but that’s not always a bad thing. There are non-free blobs drivers on pretty much every GNU/Linux system unless you go out of your way to avoid them.

>overpriced

Not really, but sure Macs aren’t for poor people.

Are you implying clang isn’t posix compliant?

Not that it matters, as you could always, y’know, install gcc if it’s really that no a problem.

>brew install gcc

Has anyone ever met an Alex that wasn't a faggot?

g-guys
l-look how smart I am...
I bought a $2000 laptop for art...

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 31K)

Useless gaps between windows, looks shit.

It also is a shitty operating system, but I don't really mind if you want to do that to yourself.

>t. too stupid for unix

It’s the comfiest desktop os to anyone with a hint of impartiality.

>Not really, but sure Macs aren’t for poor people.
That's pretty much who used macs before smartphones became the easier way to show off your poorfag "wealth".

(You)

If it was possible to customize and use as a DE, I might use a MacOS DE

Stop sucking Adobe's dick and use Gimp

Still better than 90% of the shit posted in desktop threads.

>it’s too expensive
>only poor people use them tho

Seethe

Attached: 9971D287-68FC-4FCB-BD43-0B86DE2DF62B.jpg (616x342, 61K)

KDE is pretty much the freetard carbon copy of Aqua

Gimp is unusable

I use KDE lol. Am I a fag?

If you're a fag who won't read documentation then yea

KDE is the best DE. It’s the best because it tries so hard to copy MacOS.

No it’s just unusable trash.

Not really. One would argue it tries to copy Windows. You can just make it look like either macOS or windows without much trouble. It is the best DE, though.

I use image editing for quick shit, (9001 hours in paint), and I find GIMP not very useful in that regard, but there aren't many other FOSS options

Macfag here. I use KDE on all my non-apple products as it’s comfy and looks nice. All the shit that comes with it is retarded though. I’m looking at you KWallet.

Not a chance. I was upset about how useless it was in minutes. And despite being so upsettingly light on features and incapable of doing a lot of things it still had a very mediocre inefficient UI both graphical and on the console (with its own apple software).

It is no wonder that the same people who this POS appealed to simply moved on to smartphones.

>imagine being too stupid to learn new keyboard functions and blame your incompetence on something else

Unix isn’t for you, brainlet

Finally a legit thread. Why did he post Apple's proprietary crap all this time.

People talk about KDE being a memory hog, but I've found it runs better than Gnome, am I missing something?

No. GNOME is bloated garbage.

>tfw the iSperg used this thread as a base to spam the board

KDE devs got gud and managed to make it use areound the same RAM as MATE and XFCE.

Why the fuck is it the default on so much shit?

KDE is a memory hog compared to xfce (but xfce looks like trash so w/e), but is much lighter than gnome.

I tend to find it goes like this

Autism managers - 100mb idle
Xfce - 200mb idle
KDE- 400mb idle
Gnome - 900mb idle

I imagine the spamming is being done by a winpajeet looking to have all the threads removed. There’s usually only one of these up at a time.

RedHat.

Speaking of which, haven’t redhat removed the KDE versions of fedora as an official release?

Kinda want to make a hackintosh just to get this aesthetic. How easy is it?

Why do you keep replying to yourself pretending to be carrying on a conversation street shitter?

Attached: 1517620278649.jpg (759x422, 48K)

> Seething winfag can't into post/ip counter

Install EulerOS.

Not the problem.

But yea, even the window manager is utter shit vs a good automatic tiling one. The program GUI and CLI are inefficient shit. And the Apple software from the operating system is usually so fucking basic in terms of features you wished your desktop was running Android instead for more features (which is too terrible to actually do, of course).

Why you don't do something useful and report the spam threads instead of shitting up the legit one?

>pirating PS makes you a graphics professional

Why don't you take your manchild fag toys back to Jow Forumseddit instead of shitting up Jow Forums?

Attached: 1521652289613.jpg (1087x727, 107K)

>EulerOS
Based name, wtf I like chinks now

>fully posix compliant unix isn’t technology

T. Winbaby

I'm glad I took the Apple pill

Thanks for the same 50 threads nigger

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-28-00-06-34.png (720x1280, 269K)

unironically can someone tell me how to make my terminal look like this

Hyperterm is a fucking electron app

>negatives
Like what? A good window toolkot, a microkernel, a no-tear compositor, proprietary apps, and all the free Gahanoo apps.
You just hate Macos despite never using it. It works fine.

What the fuck, nevermind then.
Can you explain the point of using a terminal other than the apple_terminal to me user? Why would people use an electron app for their terminal? I just use tmux and it werks pretty well.

>it's real
Jesus christ
You don't need an electron app to make it look like that though

wow that's so ugly! sweet!

Haven't you read the OP, this is what UNIX looks like. I'll stick to superior GNU utilities and their extended functionality.

T-thanks for explaining user

Sexy

I’m using zsh instead of bash on Mojave and shit is so much more useful.

Kek I was literally just thinking this exact thing today. One Alex I knew was an alfalfa looking motherfucker that annoyed the shit out of me, one tried get my brother in a pyramid scheme, and one was an insecure Jimmy neutron lookalike manlet, gave me shit for going to community college, then goes to a party school on daddy's money.

Only known two Alexs. One was a girl who was a good 7/10, one was a giga-chad who joined the airforce.

bump0