Look at this sweet vintage LCD monitor I scored today for only 80 bucks

look at this sweet vintage LCD monitor I scored today for only 80 bucks

you jelly, faggots?

Attached: IMG_20181228_085231.jpg (1279x720, 94K)

Thats a NICE monitor my guy

thanks

user I might have some bad news for you...

nice monitor, barely worth 40 though

weak bait, fuck off

fact that OP is a complete faggot aside.. how long would keeping vintage LCDs n shit be worthwhile before increasing return ? got a van full of 4:3 ratios and shit, keep meaning to 'art project' or something, never find time/space - torn between dumping now, or dumping later

Never. The ones that are spiking in price are the IPS high-res ones (1600x1200) no the shitty 1024x768 and 1280x1024 ones.

they only have value as matching accessories to various older systems really, very early LCD displays, high-end 1280x1024 and 1600x1200s are always worth saving, but in general they're unlikely to ever enjoy the niche and higher desirability that CRTs do

>dell
>$80

yikes

that thing was definitely thrown into the dumpster

enjoy your pwm , shit colours and virtually no~ viewing angles

It's a really nice monitor user, but 80 sounds a bit much. I hope you enjoy it though!

I get better ones for free from school lol.

I got these for $5 a piece. Additionally, I just ordered a 1600x1200 Dell Ultrasharp monitor for $35. You got ripped off big time, OP.

Attached: 20181227_212439-1.jpg (3053x1638, 3.3M)

give it back jamal

So how much you reckon an LG 20" 1600x1200 4:3 IPS is worth now anyway?
Still works, CCFLs might need replacing eventually though.

>80 bucks
new VA200WQL cost $66

Attached: Asus VG248QE.png (879x583, 421K)

Highest I've seen is around $80 if the panel has no splotches and the case is good. Most people who buys these LED mods them anyways. Helps if you live in a city with a lot of high-tech workers.

those dell 2007fp's have s-video and composite inputs and an optional sound bar, seems like a pretty neat solution for older video game consoles.

lel - be a fucking achievement getting someone to steal the fuckers, need to leave the van open and write 'iPadz (with standz)' or some shit on them. Too many to dump, get stress (as commercial qty)

>scored today for only 80 bucks
ouch. hate to break it to you but you were had. if you'd said $5 or even $10 then sure, it's probably worth that. But $80? You overpaid.

why there are so many retards who think op is being serious?

check out the insane prices on some other old-computer trash like MIDI wavetable daughterboards, trackball explorers, voodoo banshees, slockets or cache-on-a-stick.
there's a whole ecosystem of buying up this crap for ten times what it's worth to make nostalgic youtube retrospectives for the e-waste hoarding boomer audience.

daily reminder lcd technology hasn't changed in 20years TN VA IPS panels all existed in the late 90s and only thing that's changed is backlights which is what has improved the color range.

also the 144hz 240hz thing isn't actually the panel changing its the controller running the monitor that's built into the frame that you can change yourself any panel can do any hz. and "1ms" monitors are just using faster VA panels and you could literally get them in the early 2000s for afue 100 bucks.

i got the same one + the sound bar and woofer for literally free

>what are response times
>what are viewing angles
fucking retard

at some point šöÿš will turn them into a meme too

What were the best and biggest LCD monitors that were still only up to 1280 x 1024 resolution?
Planning on buying one for a retro games machine.

Attached: 1527224991100.gif (306x235, 1.96M)

>$80
wtf I have the exact same one and got it 6 years ago for 20 at a garage sale

biggest 1280x1024 were 19". 1600x1200 panels went up to 21.3" but most commonly were 20".

Crappy 4:3 panels are abundant and practically worthless. The only retro items worth collecting are oddities like the IBM 4k panel from 2001.

Nobody wants or will ever want shitty old monitors dude. The CRTs that are appreciated are the big workstation grade ones. The curved 15inch and 17inch get thrown in the side of the road and smashed.

>not a CRT
dropped

lmao I work for a company that deals with old IT assets from companies and we get hundreds of these a week. they're worth about £10 each, the companies even pay us to take them off their hands

CRT is a meme. Legacy flat screens are amazing the image has this nice analogue vibe to it yet still retains modern image quality just at lower resolution.

Do you have any idea how fucking laggy those old LCD monitors are? They are an absolute SHIT solution for ALL video game consoles.

Yeah, I don't really plan on using it for anything except my desktop. I might try hooking a PS2 slim to it if I can get video out, and if I can boot Linux. Might be useful as an email server or something if it detects a USB flash drive. Not much else you can do with a 300MHz MIPS CPU and 32MB RAM.

>boo hoo muh gayemz muh lag muh pixels muh framez!
Please fuck off back to /v/ numale

Now I can tell that you're both poor and retarded.

Like this one for instance? U2410f

Attached: 20181228_084639.jpg (2560x1440, 1.08M)

Oh cool, it does portrait mode, too!

Smelly 1920x1080 peasants

Does it have the same superior viewing angles my ancient LG 1940 had?

Attached: allegedly_shitty_TN.jpg (2300x1224, 582K)

they have no practical advantage over any other LCD for the "I'm too hip for emulation" crowd like CRTs do

only iconic high-end designs like the SGI 1600SW have any sort of notoriety, and there are people like me looking for top-end panels to match systems we have that originally shipped with them, but nothing else really

>backlights have improved the color range
is this even a thing? How can white LEDs backlights affect color.

because he is serious, you fucking retard

You're an idiot

I think I used to have one of those for my old poverty box. Shit was actually pretty comfy.

Do you know anything about light?
White isn't a Color btw.

Google 'cri'

this is 2018 Jow Forums even the weakest bait gets (you)s

>4:3

>doesn't recognize 5:4
Why are you even here?!

>TN shit

that shit wasn't worth $80 when it was new

You paid $80 for that? Ouch. Worth maybe $20.

>80 bucks
I dug out one from the trash and it's sitting in my garage.

lmao 80 dollars what the fuck

I still have mine from 2002, why do you people want these? I'm upgrading mine on Monday to a 1440p monitor

I got one for £10 with a Dell optiplex on eBay. Screen is pretty decent looking though it's too small for primary use, a bit like OP's sissy penis.

OLED > CRT > new LCD > shit > old LCD

$80???? jesus, i'm from leafland and i'm cringing.I literally just threw about 40 of these into ewaste a few weeks back.

>vintage
>lcd
Underage plz leave

Are you mentally retarded or just a fucking idiot?

can i have it for $160? I'll need you to make a down payment to me first though just so i can make sure you're real

>80

Jesus, I got a 1680x1050 Dell for $40.

I've got one I've been using since 04 or 05
they are pretty decent monitors if you don't have much cash to spend

All the really old 4:3 LCD monitors I have had started making coil whine at some point. In a time with passive cooling and SSD's coil whine is unacceptable.

Have 5 nieces and nephews. Sister and bro and law complained to me about fight over TVs. Gave her all my 1280x1024 with DVI. Headset for each with long cable. HDMI switchs for their consoles. Combined with some old i3 HP 6200 sff towers I had sitting around from an prior job and left over ps/2 KB/Mouse with extensions cables old work place didnt use anymore.
Bam. Now everyone had a "TV" with streaming and computer. and it cost her about $140 for the HDMI switches and headsets.

you must be real fun at parties

What's the difference between a black and a white fairytale?
White begins, "once upon a time," black begins, "y'all motherfuckers ain't gonna believe dis shit!"

yes I will admit that was passable
but for real miss me with this "I'm a fragile individual who literally falls apart if I can hear my electronics and will do anything to stop that from happening" bullshit
machines are machines

I have a monitor just like that along with two others in a storage space that I'd just give away for free to anyone who'd ask me for one. Too lazy to put them up on eBay/Craigslist, too environmentally conscious to toss them in a dumpster.

HOLY FUCK GRANPA YOU SHOULD DOWNLOAD LIMEWIRE AND GET ALL THE MATLOCK EPISODES.EXE

I want another one of these for the other side of my monitor, but it's $40 for shipping alone for these little fuckers. I'd pay $40 total for the monitor, but not $80+ for a 4:3 nearly 20 year old monitor.

Attached: Based4.3Monitor.jpg (960x720, 123K)

I bought a used 1920x1200 IPS in similar condition for $75.