A fest of retardation, anti-engineering and standardization of stupidity and ugliness

A fest of retardation, anti-engineering and standardization of stupidity and ugliness

Attached: 1545917173304.png (185x272, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.codinghorror.com/separating-programming-sheep-from-non-programming-goats/
github.com/ksimka/go-is-not-good
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty much sums up go and python

Agreed. Fuck Python. They're not even spending all those extra CPU cycles doing something useful.

It can't even properly spend those CPU cycles due to GIL. Terrible language only kept afloat by its massive library.

>something useful
Like what? Apps these days either wait and parse user input, or their workloads are small enough not to notice.

Yeah but apps are divas that want to be the only one on stage. I prefer to run a ton of simultaneous, small-grained applications that talk to each other through message-passing the OS rather than monolithic, isolated programs. I can only run a handful of Python instances at once.

message-passing *via the OS

Seriously? Any multicore smartphone handles app multithreading just fine. What crappy machien are you running?

>next generation proprietary memory allocation techniques.
only this have mean
>next generation proprietary memory allocation techniques.

Python isn't that bad as a syntax

>massive library
That's how you convince idoots to use your language, you offer them digested food and they will gladly live inside your sandbox, no matter how shitty it is.
This is exactly what google did with go in order to accelerate the adoption.

Programming got too far away from the electronic core of computers. People make a fuckton of bullshit languages and forget about any sort of optimization or efficiency. A smartphone has so much more power than the computers that got a man to the moon and still lags and does absolutely nothing useful... cuz java and GeNiUs PrOgRaMmErS forgot where the resources their code will feed on come from.

>blaming java, a language that runs circles around javascript and python

Java is decent, stop blaming java.

Except it uses a fuckton of memory so we get diva apps.

Python is an okay language for what it sets out to do. Problem is that people have bolted all sorts of unnatural and useless shit onto it. I use it a lot at work for string processing and basic automation tasks. It's really not designed for anything more complicated than that.

Just use multiple processes. Unless your operating system doesn't support it. Python even has a built-in library called multiprocessing for babies like you

Python doesn't solve any problem.
There's perl, tcl, bash, php and a shitload of other scripting languages to solve problems withthe best tool.
Shitting python code in every field/problem just because pajeets-tier programmers cannot learn more than one language.
On top of that python creates incompatibilities which is unimaginable by the basic rules of s/w engineering.
No matter how you address it, python is a sugarcoated turd.

Rallying around a general tool is better than using a clusterfuck of general tools. For your second point you mention incompatibility, are you referring to the 2to3 migration that's long over?

you must be retarded if you think that C + Go + Python are not excellent tools

This , Go is so based and offers you the ability to write permanent scaleable programs.

>I need an over-engineered language with a 1200 page book describing all it's shitty features that have never been shown to make software development in that language easier, more maintainable, or more performant.

Think you're the only one who's anti-engineering here. Engineers use what is shown to work well and Go was designed by great engineers.

>. I prefer to run a ton of simultaneous, small-grained applications that talk to each other through message-passing the OS rather than monolithic, isolated programs.

This unironically. Too bad we are stuck with the Unix model.

>Rallying around a general tool is better than using a clusterfuck of general tools.
This.

>Go was designed by great engineers.
specifically to be used by people who weren't great engineers
it is a language for the retarded, and that is a genuine accomplishment, a true feat of design

>its not overtly complex so its bad
what is your point?

the way that smart people and stupid people think is fundamentally different, tools that are usable for a smart person are unusable for a stupid person and vice versa

You are going to get stupid people regardless of the language you use and could you not argue that a smarter person can wield the tools better?

Well written thought out code in a slower language is going to perform better than a really bad implementation is a faster one(lower level) , not to mention that smarter people can make more with less with these more usable tools.

>You are going to get stupid people regardless of the language you use and could you not argue that a smarter person can wield the tools better?
there are actual fundamental differences in how the two think
to be fair I don't think smart and stupid were the right terms, programmer and non-programmer would have been better
Go is a programming language for non-programmers and studies have shown that there actual differences in how the two groups think.
blog.codinghorror.com/separating-programming-sheep-from-non-programming-goats/

That doesn't make it less of a valid tool, far from it, it's incredibly useful because of that, however in terms of usability, for actual programmers, it's trash.

Using a mediocre tool because you, as a dev, cannot learn a couple more tools to do your job better, it's like picking the least worst.
Python is not faster than many other scripting languages and you don'y expect to ship s/w and force a shitload of dependencies down the throat of your user, just because you can't even program in anything else.
That's the kind of mentality that failed programmers have. They think that learning one language will make them go past the point of code monkey.
And yes, I am referring to the 2to3 abomination that forces every system to have 2 versions of everything just because python devs have the same skills as python users.
That's like using aspirine for every ailment, injury and sickness.
If you can't pick the right tool for the job, then you'll be replaced sooner or later by someone who can. Either that, or you'll stay as a low tier programmer.

t. stupid person

What do you mean? Go in the hands of a good programmer can produce very fast and scale-able code. Give it to a bad one and they will do a poor job.

Go was made because C++ is terrible, if C++ wasn't terrible, Go wouldn't exist.

Go was made because google's employees were too stupid for python
C programmers being too stupid to understand template metaprogramming does not make C++ terrible.

it was made a faster and resource efficient alternative for Python

ITT: Assblasted Cniles

So what's bad about Go? Is it just lack of features? What are the worst inclusions they've made?

What bothers me is that if it weren't python and instead something like C it'd be a valid idea to use FFI or any cross language calling to utilize the libraries. But no they had to make it in slow shitty python so now nobody can bother with it.
Of course it's true that most of what I value from python is just libraries that are given bindings. But for all the other stuff I presume people enjoy it must be awful.

It's mostly technical failings and shortcomings.
For instance, the name is bad, the logo is bad, and someone told me to dislike it. Also the creators claim that the language is simple enough that anyone could learn it which is not really a good thing if you think about it.

sorry to step into your python hate circlejerk, but Python is widely used and supported in AI, ML, Data Science, finance, GIS and and research in general. While some of your points may be true, many people, especially non-devs, just want a language that gets the job done easily, not the best in performance. So you have 2 options: keep bitching about a language that will not die any time soon, or learn it and open a wide range of job opportunities

I was actually interested in why and I realized it's more expedient to Google.
github.com/ksimka/go-is-not-good
Seems like quite a few complaints. But I'm not getting the impression that it's bad because of many bad features it's people upset with the decisive lack of certain features.
>widely used in
I can't be bothered reading what you're replying to but one of them is complaining about python being slow. So to respond as if that was your counter argument.
Python in those fields is used to wrap engines/frameworks with a 'pleasant' python frontend. Tensorflow is a good example. What the python frontend really provides is very light call abstraction and a build environment that doesn't require you link with Tensorflow (C++ project setup can be a mess).

>php, bash, perl
are you joking? Those are all awful compared to python. If you that's the best answer to python you can come up with no wonder it's so popular.

This.