What's the most CPU efficient browser?

What's the most CPU efficient browser?
>CPU
not RAM, boys.

Attached: web-browser-artworks.jpg (500x402, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18697824
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who cares?

Edge.

I do.
Prove it.

w3m

it has the best battery life

Attached: Header_Windows.jpg (900x502, 46K)

Firefox

Thanks to web view in UWP, the edge already run in a way on the other two, so no doubt FF and Chrome have worse power usage.

Wasn't that a lie?

But the edge is built into the os

you do know that Edge is being morphed into Chromium?...so any advantage Edge had over Chrome(ium) will disappear

I hate how the big two, Firefox and Chrome, don't give a shit about keeping their browsers lightweight.

I've capped out on my 12gb of ram just by having Firefox and a video game open at the same time.

It doesn't really matter, Chrome won, Edge is being changed to Chromium based soon.

Safari.

>muh RAM
It's websites being poorly made. It's not the browsers fault. Out of 8GB RAM your Firefox/Chrome eats only 300-500MB would be browser related. Any other browser would use a very similar amount of RAM with the same 7GB of sites loaded.

The one with least extension.

Is there any performance difference between chrome and chromium ?

As atom tablet user

Lynx >>> Edge > Firefox > Chrome >>> Weird firefox offshots that Jow Forums loves

there's also opera and konqueror.

Remember to use alternatives too.

On android, the default pre-chrome browser is the best.

No

chromium

Lynx

Opposite of true. Look at vscode. Microsoft can optimize it better than any other browser because they own their source code to their os. And they will do so. Chrome is about to lose it's market share once this happens.

safari for Mac

The difference as the code of browsers is insignificant. Adobe Flash Player slow down all browsers equally.

Safari actually rules. Too bad it's iToddle exclusive

OPERA

Opera seems pretty efficient. Firefox and Chrome cause system slow downs, even though CPU usage is low. Firefox used to be a lot more snappy. Pic is how I feel about the more recent editions of Firefox, and Chrome.

Attached: screenshot-www.youtube.com-2018-12-27-14-12-17-956.png (1188x630, 990K)

>cpu efficent browser
Most probably Safari on mac os. Links is also a good option if you don't want graphical interface

I use an acer one aspire, what browser would you recommend?

w3m or lynx

>using a text browser

Attached: 1418547321258.png (301x389, 114K)

This. I have mt asus windows tablet, I can shitpost for 6 hours compared to google botnet, 4 hours.
Granted it can be sluggish at times.

based edgechads

Vivaldi. It doesn't use RAM at all.

Not anymore thanks to Google's efforts:

>one of the reasons we decided to end EdgeHTML was because Google kept making changes to its sites that broke other browsers, and we couldn't keep up.
>For example, they recently added a hidden empty div over YouTube videos that causes our hardware acceleration fast-path to bail (should now be fixed in Win10 Oct update).
>Prior to that, our fairly state-of-the-art video acceleration put us well ahead of Chrome on video playback time on battery,
>but almost the instant they broke things on YouTube, they started advertising Chrome's dominance over Edge on video-watching battery life.
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18697824

They run interpreters which by default is ineficient.

damn thats fucking scummy

they just dont know but keep it quiet.

>no extensions

Doesn't the licensing of the engine force anyone modifying the source to share their changes though? Edge gone.

It uses more CPU than other browsers due to the JS UI. Great browser but it ain't for weak machines

Only the chromium parts need to be open source. See: Vivaldi.