How do I overcome years of procrastination and learn programming to have a productive hobby?

How do I overcome years of procrastination and learn programming to have a productive hobby?

I have put off learning programming for years. I have done some programming tutorials but never anything real world.

I simply want to have a rewarding and productive hobby but I have so little motivation.

Even making basic browser vidya or dumb apps would feel great.

Attached: 1538315976090.jpg (900x900, 83K)

If you want to make a browser vidya or an app, then just start making it.

Like, right now. Start writing it.

Make something that you want to show to other people. It's like making up jokes, there is a point if there will be someone to hear it.

User above already told how it is executed, my point might give you a more meaningful why, than just "investing in my unforeseeable future".

You like the idea of being a software developer. You think it will make a smart girl want to fuck you because it will make you sound smart on a date. You don't want to do it, otherwise you would have a long time ago.
/sci/ thinks if they learn math or physics that they will be worshipped demigod geniuses, explorers of the physical world, see the matrix and understand the universe, or appear smart enough to impress a girl.
/lit/&/his/ think they will become genius philosophers/poets if they read a lot of books, or appear smart enough to impress a girl.
Jow Forums thinks that if they become bloated, high maintenance, overweight retards, their lives will suddenly improve and they will be worshipped by women and weak men around them.
Jow Forums thinks that if they just had X dollars, everything would be perfect, or have enough money ey to impress a girl.

Jow Forums thinks it will do the same via software. None are true and your fantasies are stupid. If you wanted to do it, there would be no troubles. You idiots don't know what you want, that's all. You're all 18 year old loser guys who masturbate too much and socialize too little, thinking Jow Forums for some reason has the real deal answers to life, when it's 99% toxic, bitter young guys with nothing going on, who will never form a though that will help anybody. Being here at all, you're already on the loser track to nowhere. This is a place for young loser guys to fuck around, and bullshit to themselves and everyone around them that they are trying to do something with their lives, if they just had this or that piece advice, A-Ha moment that would make their entire existence make sense, some answer that will put them on the track to success. It doesn't exist. This whole thing is a fugazi. This is a track to nowhere. A community of negative personalities, misery loves company. It's comfortable, and before you can blink, you'll be 30, with nothing but your lame, negative personality.

Attached: lhkl;j~2.png (213x260, 63K)

is this a copy-pasta?

no

>t. reddit spacing

Attached: 1543090172039.jpg (1440x1905, 539K)

You don't know what reddit spacing is.

>writes 2 sentences
>hits enter
ok reddit

My advice is to do something else. It's not fun, or enjoyable. That's why you're putting it off. Find something you're interested in. Building even a dumb app is a lot of work.

>the disillusion after installing gentoo

stop posting

Epic response, up there with Hilldawg's. Be sure to post it on r/Jow Forums for lots of upvotes

Attached: 1378960_060916-wabc-hillary-tweet-img.jpg (1300x732, 172K)

op is Reddit spacing, not

Oh
Ok
Thanks
Reddit

They actually think it came from reddit.

Oh, maybe but I wrote that just now. I think he's retarded, and shows what I'm talking about in the post. Negative personalities, just wants to fuck around, but probably makes sad posts on r9k about how shitty his life is at the same time.

Lower your tren dose brah

Tutorials to program? What? Read a book.

nu-Jow Forums

>I can't call them reddit because they already called me out
>I know, I'll use that fancy r/the_donald prefix "nu-"!
Well done, Slytherin. Well done. However!

Why are you implicitly making it all about impressing a girl? Not OP but first of all I don't even like girls. Secondly I don't "not want to do it, otherwise I would have a long time ago," on the contrary I already program. Finally, I do it for fun, impressing others has nothing to do with it.

if you want to create something or fix software, then learn programming

If you want to work for a company and wage slave, learn programming

other than that, don't learn programming

I have the same problem. For me I know it’s because of pure laziness for the most part and lack of discipline in keeping myself productive.

It will be soon tho

Do it tomorrow.

Same with you OP couple of months ago
started learning c# .net core. made some kind of user management library for my future template

now im reading fucking hugeass kubernetes doc to deploy it in a bunch of VM

>trying this hard
It’s just the internet brah relax

>running k8s on vms
>not running the vms inside of k8s containers

well im thinking of clustering but i dont have the hardware right now

It's fucking hard OP, I know, I was in the same boat. But slowly, I'm making progress.. You "simply" have to start, and then do something, even for a few minutes a day and increase that time to whatever you feel you should be doing. And if you "fall off the wagon" you just climb back on, that doesn't immediately make you a failure or whatever, you stumbled, that's it. Stand up and continue on your way.

I could say the same thing is happening to me, but instead with Japanese.