What is the best way to cool down a meme gaming laptop?

What is the best way to cool down a meme gaming laptop?

The frozen meat roll method is not helping anymore.

I also already have a cooling pad and an external USB fan.

Attached: heat.png (1598x900, 2.21M)

what about 2 meat rolls

change the thermal paste?

Try pizza rolls

Turn it off

Are gaming laptop water collers good?

Attached: ec8487398f9090bb3b60139681dcc62b0a64bf67.jpg (940x540, 36K)

Carne de macaco?

Game with it in the freezer... Fucking n00b.

Attached: russia-computer-fridge-refrigerator-YOSPOS-14210807853.jpg (640x860, 93K)

man dont do this

use SOPA DE MACACO, works great

dont put your exhaust fans against the wall

open the window

Literally take a box fan and set the computer on top of the fan. It worked for me at least.

I want to redo what I said earlier. Here's what I did when I had a laptop that had the same problem. Take a box fan, big or small and turn it on. Then take the laptop and put it on top of the fan. It will be loud, but it works. Good luck.

Canada.

>has shekels for liquor but not a decent PC

dafauq?

I have a gaming laptop(msi gl62m) too and it's not enough to need frozen meats on the laptop.

is the dell gaming laptop cooling really that bad?

What's the specs on that thing?

Attached: kobe.gif (320x201, 2.46M)

*not hot enough to need frozen meats on the laptop

OP here. I'm unironically doing this.

It's a dell G7 15.

Attached: Dell-G7-7588-Review-1.jpg (1280x853, 83K)

>undervolt
>opened bottom cover
>cooling base with big fan
Those 3 did it for me for stationary use, and it can hold pretty well with just undervolting+using a cooling base when you need to move it around with the bottom cover closed.

ok so i've seen a lot of threads and stuff on reddit about the laptop and it seems to go around high 80s to 99 celcius on both cpu and gpu when playing games

I've also heard this is apparently NORMAL, even in newer models.

Kind of weird since my laptop's gpu(dunno about cpu) , the gtx 1050, never seems to above 69 celcius in games, even without v-sync and while plugged into the wall.

You could try to replace the thermal paste or contact dell about it but idk

Honestly, about the only ways are to either force feed cold air, or tear it open and redesign the cooling system.

Only if the laptop was built with that in mind. Otherwise you're just spraying water into your laptop.

mine was hitting98 c and throttling. i opened it up and repasted following a youtube tutorial. now it only gets up into the 80s and does no thermal throttling

Ladies and Gents, remember this for when you're considering a gaming laptop.
Power hungry components in tiny chassis = heat city.

That's why you should just accept that you have a laptop and go with something that's i3, 1050ti tier. Use the saved money on upgrading the storage or ram. Those are where you can safely improve performance.

Dont put it up against a wall and if its cold outside, open the window and wear a coat

unsure what you mean by a "cooling pad" but if you arch the back of the laptop off of the desk that will do wonders, even more so if you place a bag of frozen vegetables in the newly created space.

What about the fucking food?

>I also already have a cooling pad and an external USB fan
>and an external USB fan
>external USB fan
Those things are fuckin useless. Why do people even waste money on that trash.

Buy a Lasko Wind Machine. Loosen the two side nobs and lay the fan flat and tighten the nobs. Then sit your laptop on top of it. I did this one year while living in a house with no ac during the summer. I just connected a monitor, keyboard, and mouse to it.

Attached: a20301-beauty-3q-400x400.jpg (400x400, 51K)

he's slav they only have condiments and vodka in fridge

Wouldn't it be more efficient to run the refrigerator coils through the machine then?

Attached: Capture+_2018-12-29-16-55-14.png (570x545, 572K)

What's a box fan used for? We don't have in my region. It's only for cooling houses or for other purposes?

I find with these meme laptops after about 6 months the vents get filled with dust. Take the back of and check if the heatsinks are blocked. 9/10 times thats the issue

Put cold meat near, not covering, fan inlet.

I had some success with placing a CPU heatsink on the chassis where it seemed to be the hottest.

The best solution for me was the laptop on large fan technique.

I guess the real best solution was a new laptop with proper ventilation.

would something like this work?
>I wouldn't know I haven't tried one yet. wanted to ask and find out.
BTW I've seen different versions of this thing and one was a good brand, it hooked ot the laptop better and pulled air better you can read aobut it at the comments. this is just me trying ot find the stuff in my internet history.
when i was searching for a way to cool down my laptop who wants tht thing staying hot and teraring up quicker from heat

Attached: 61b-TDxiEKL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 53K)

thermal paste reapplication and a solid dusting will work best. if you don't know how to do that, you can google it.

i did this shit but you know, theres only so much air that can push. that thing would suck like your mom though, and maybe cooldown since its the only outlet for hot air out of the thing

then you've got a shitty laptop that you'll always regret purchasing, no need to project your buyer's remorse outwards. We all make mistakes.

i pu ta new processor on it but as the topic was saying know anyway to cool it down. as i said id ont know how much or anything and wondered the same thing and saw thatwhen i was searching around and wondered what others thought about itt. when i put the new processor in, i of course changed thermal paste and dusted it. still laptops are hot anyway.

At this point just buy a desktop pc, jesus christ.

It's fucking winter just put it outside.

Get a gaming desktop and a memepad laptop instead. Gaming laptops always overheat, I learned that lesson and stopped buying them.

what is capcom game on your screen?

Try liquid nitroglicerin.

Not him
Seems to be dragons dogma (I never played or saw it, but it is only game name that hit regex in my head)

If you want to be pro, which I do not suggest, crack it open and let us see. I suggest a fan upgrade and hopefully a new heat sink, or send it into a shop, or eBay->hp gaming laptop for 800$

Lift the entire laptop off the table with a laptop stand, and blow air on the bottom. And not with some shitty small USB fan, you want something like a box fan that moves a ton of air.

Attached: white-lasko-box-fans-b20201-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 145K)

buy a fucking desktop at that point

One helpful use for a box fan - place in a window and close the window until it rests level on the box fan. The flat top of the box fan helps this, even if the power/speed buttons are on top of the fan.

Attached: box_fan_window.png (232x166, 85K)

this

based
I've been doing this since 2014, it werks very well

Attached: 1546261545676-1723374336.jpg (3264x1836, 1.44M)

An open freezer wont cool shit you dumbfuck nigger

THIS! Watch some youtube videos on how to do your specific laptop or a similar one. Usually a new thermal paste job will help a lot!! Sometimes there are also little things you can do to help like add copper shims in place of thermal pads the manufacturer used (on my old dell, the GPU was connected to a tiny side-arm of the heatsink using only a double layer of thermal pad. So it basically had NO CHANCE of staying cool. It's like the engineers forgot that GPU's get hot till the end.) Sometimes you can also ADD little copper heatsinks to your heatpipes and heatsinks in your laptop, where they is room. Don't overdo it or restrict the air flow though. You could make it worse if you aren't smart about it.

YES MSI has their shit figured out for the most part. Beautiful heat sink layouts. Dell is completely fucking retarded or doesn't actually give a shit. I'm still trying to find a pic but picture almost 1/8" of thermal pad on top of a GPU chip, with a 1 cm wide strip of aluminum coming off the CPU heatsink reaching over to it. PATHETIC

>Fell for the gaming laptop meme

Yikes

Just came to say I love my MSI laptop.

>open it up
>clean it
>apply good thermal paste
>???
>profit

Change the thermal paste and buy a fan, not a USB fan, a fan. My old XPS didn't have any working fan and I still could manage to downgrade the temps to 50/60C using pic related on the laptop.

Attached: ABA01.jpg (600x600, 44K)

>swapped the processor
>it's overheating
>cooling solution was clearly meant for the old processor
>"guys it's not working so great"

yeah the faster, hotter hardware is gonna run hotter

you're an idiot.

Put the usb fan the other way to pull air out instead of fucking pushing the warm air pushed out back in.

A closed freezer is going to cool even less..