Voodoo going bankrupt from comical mismanagement of inventory and reducing the number of major GPU vendors to just two...

Voodoo going bankrupt from comical mismanagement of inventory and reducing the number of major GPU vendors to just two was one of the worst things to happen to the tech industry in retrospect.

Press 1 if you agree.

Attached: def32753-421f-4080-bc0f-a60eecaa1998.jpg (750x545, 74K)

It's the second worst thing to happen to tech industry.

First is de-facto bankruptcy of AMD from wrong marketing choices.

the worst thing that ever happened to the tech industry is that selling advertising on websites became a viable business model. The fact that this happened is responsible for most of the problems we have today.

retard

are you going to elaborate on this or did you think about it for 5 seconds

Press 2 for Cyrix

t. starving journalists and """youtubers"""
And no I won't click on your ads.

>t. jewgle onion code-artisans

idiot, it was always going to become a viable business model, do you want advertising to be illegal, good luck with that

Attached: 91sn32Q.jpg (350x265, 94K)

Also, the Voodoo3 only supported 16-bit color while Nvidia's products supported 32-bit. I think there were some other technologies where Nvidia was more advanced (maybe with texture quality?). 3dfx bet that gamers only cared about frames per second.

>advertising
>a viable business model
lmao he says this while he updates his beg.js script
"bls bls turn off your adblocker ids gilling my small business DDD:"
What do normal people do when they have a failed business proposition? The company goes under and they do something else. Maybe they even learned something.

What do faggot advertiser drones do when everyone blocks their ads and they can't afford to keep their business running? Bitch and moan, "the users are the ones at fault, not our idiotic business model!"

people aren't going to pay for most websites, ads still generate revenue, without ads you would get paywalls or corporate and political shill sites even worse than today

and where is all this bitching and moaning lmfao they're living in your head rent free

>people aren't going to pay for most websites
So they should die.
You're running a BUSINESS. You should act like it.
A hobby eats money by definition.
You can't seriously expect other people to fund your antique Malaysian basket weaving archival site out of the bottom of their hearts.

You make something that people want and can sustain itself, or you fuck off and die. That's all there is to it.
The world has enough faggots on YouTube who think their garbage opinion and worthless hour-long drivel makes them a real """career"""
right here buddy, sure is self-awareness in here :^)

fuck off, this is ridiculous, i'm done wasting my time on underage Jow Forums kids

you're a whiny faggot, by no means is advertising "responsible for most of the problems we have today"

voodoo was a meme

t. no valid argument
You would get shilling with or without ads. The ads just mean they do it out in the open. Without ads as a valid business model means the internet has a much smaller attack surface through malicious advertisements.
Just because you so desperately need to suck corporate dick to get your """quality content""" out into the world doesn't mean that's the best way to do it. You're just retarded and incapable of thinking of a better and more marketable solution.
I'm not the original poster. Advertising is responsible for precisely a culture where the vast majority of the produced information firehose is designed to appeal to an algorithm that favors clickbait targeting the least common denominator rather than disseminate information in an efficient algorithm.
You've made people think that it's possible and "cool" to make an ass out of themselves on the internet and as much as people are sheep, they do precisely that, and this makes it unreasonably difficult to actually extract valuable information from the internet.

*in an efficient and well-constructed manner

>Voodoo going bankrupt
who? you mean 3Dfx?

>these people making thousands of dollars all the way up to tens of thousands of dollars a month to share their worthless opinions on the internet who will likely make more money in their fifteen minutes of fame than i will make in my entire life dont have real jobs because that would make my ego and my pee-pee feel bad
Okay, bud.

>tens of thousands of dollars a month
dream on. That's the top one percentile of people who have all of the viewership.
The rest of the bottom 99 percentile are worthless faggots who flood search results with irrelevant garbage, and the storage of their content is frankly a disaster and is possibly the worst usage of a datacenter that I can even think of.