Hi a day or two ago i made a thread for help with my gpu and i bought the adapter...

Hi a day or two ago i made a thread for help with my gpu and i bought the adapter, however my screen isnt turning on just like before (i have disabled my integrated intel graphics from bios and the screen then stopped working when i plugged the vga cable into it) with the adapter it is display port male to vga female and connects from the 1050ti gpu slot to the monitor, it turns out i didnt even need the adapter since my little bros pc has more than just a vga slot but he never told me lol, but now when i turn my pc on a red light shows and it beeps a few times i googled around and it said to remove the cmos battery or something, should i? Is there any way to dix this problem , is my cmos battery the thing standing up near the ram in the corner

Attached: 1546245546089562823203530205890.jpg (4032x3024, 3.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Rankie-DisplayPort-Adapter-1080P-Coverter-Black/dp/B00Z08TZNU/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1546251207&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=displayport to vga adapter&dpPl=1&dpID=41Fo3bPEp1L&ref=plSrch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I really dk what the problem is since i plugged it from the lower slots which are the gpu into the monitor this time and i tried 2 monitors

Maybe something isnt qttachwd to the gpu properly idk, before it used to work and turn on when it was connected to the intel graphics so it isnt a problem with the monitor maybe its a problem with the gpu and the wiring i do see this weird blue cable does it need to be plugged into anywhere

Attached: 1546245903207666381005287951027.jpg (4032x3024, 3.31M)

Heres a pic of my gpu

Attached: 15462465493296562827913705027371.jpg (4032x3024, 3.02M)

>does your's look like this?
see that little plugin on the right? thats a picture of a1050ti there. thats for a 6pin plugin. forget their name. your card should of probaably came with one adapter for turning 1 or 2 molex, thats a 4pin straight connector or 1 or 2 sata power connectors, sata is, small and flat may be this little L shaped one go look online i cant remember right now.

thats the power the card needs. plug some connectors either a 6 or 8 pin from your power supply into that connection on the video card, or use im sure it probably came with a molex or sata power supply connectoors to 6-8 pin connector and plug the power in. thats why its beeping.
and the 6-8 pin thing usually its a breakaway thing were it folds out of the way.

i see
but,m just look for one of those 6 or 8 pin 2x3(4) connectors, and find the power connection to plug it in. if your card didnt come with one, you can pick one up at .. like an office depot or somewhere. if not then newegg

Attached: 71IwNEs2k+L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1000, 56K)

Yes that is the CMOS battery pictured. 2nd pic is a USB3 cable for the front ports of your computer case. Display port cables can be finicky. I've got two and only one works with an old quadro card I have around. DP adapters will add to the list of things to troubleshoot. How does that 1050ti not have an HDMI or DVI connection? Use one of those with a monitor other than what your brother has supplied. If you bought used the gpu was likely mined on and possibly dead. Try the card with another computer as well.

It appears that everything is plugged in apart from this blue cable but i cant see a slot nearby to put it in

Attached: 15462469934775677226789503304775.jpg (4032x3024, 2.52M)

No my little brother bought it prebuilt and it was new they sent the gpu box also its a 1050ti ive tried it with my old monitor that only takes vga and it doesnt work on that its the same problem, a rwd light shows and beeping for a few seconds then it stops but monitor doesnt turn on says no signal even tho its plugged into the gpu

Is this the 6 plug thing? Pretty sure somethings pugged into it

Attached: 15462473447687542013677282434678.jpg (4032x3024, 2.64M)

when you set the card into the socket, did it seat flush? i mean the bracket that you screw onto the case, did it set flush against the case when you set the card in the socket? sometimes the back part hits the case, and you gotta push it in, from behind the case were the card slips over the slot from the bracket you8 took out, push the rear of it, to get the card to seat right.
the bracket should sit flush agaisnt the case were you screw the card on to the case with to be seated right.
I dont know if that card has a 6 or 8 pin power connection to it or not. if you dont see one of those, on the side your looking at or the end of it, then there probably isnt one.
try other connectionsn to the monitor on the card.
if your monitor is a CRT analog, then that card is digital signal out only.
try another monitor
try another computer.
try both.
just make sure its seated right in the socket, and it has any power conections plugged up to it. any beeping means some power isnt connectted right,l at least its communicating to you.
that blue plugin is for a usb3 internal connection, ,it would conect to your motherboard to make the case usb external ports work.
if its used mght be dead

OP, don't ever come on Jow Forums again, go somewhere else for your tech support.

Ah okay thanks a lot should i take out the gpu and put it back in properly? This is my first time taking something out a pc

Your dad should've taken his dick out of your mom.

Im really sorry its my birthday though

Oh shit, you're not actually a retard who came here for tech support, are you? Those filenames confirm my theory, you're just a retard who doesn't have anything better to do than LARP on Jow Forums.

No im here for tech support lol this is fking annoying cos i wanna do work on the pc but it aint turning on i have no idea how to take the gpu out

shutup anybody can answer a question and ill find out for myself go back to shilling in other threads telling us how we should not talk anymore and ai robots can do everythign while you fail like they are predestined to

This is the 6pin im talking about. none of those on the card anywhere you can see?
i cant find a picutre of your card. but i dont think you would or do. that cards not very powerful to need one. i was surprised to find one with one.

if the screw that you use to screw the card in with, went in fine, and the bracket is flush agaisnt the case, its seated then.

Attached: 71IwNEs2k+L._SL1500_.jpg (1257x233, 165K)

this is were the card screws onto the case. if this is flush, its seated in good. to take it out, theres a little tab on the pci-e slot near the end of it, you have to push down to slide the card out. dont force shit if yoru going to do anything.

Attached: Picture 1.jpg (1600x1200, 314K)

Im pretty sure its seated fine i dont see why it wouldnt be, it was prebuilt and they probably tested it

That's usb 3 you autist
I bet you fucked something up like not inserting the ram properly or something like your ram/mobo/gpu is spoilt

but the card came with this prebuilt? looking at the picture, its a green motherboard. moset arent even green anymore. prebuilt and the case has usb3 internal connectors but its not (prebuilt) and plugged in anywhere. I see a PCI slot below the video card. thats pretty old and you dont even hardly see them anymore

question. who fed you that bullshit itw as prebuilt, and what size power supply does it have? i dont think its even big enough to turn that card on if its not over 400watts. not that it couldnt but it might not be built to handle the amps it needs.

seems like it needs a bunch of upgrades, but to do what your looking at, at least get a cx500 or something corsair psu. maybe 600 for an older computer like that.

prebuilt but you had to put it together? or it came all put togther and it dont turn on?. idk.

I mean its not prebuilt but my bro bought it and it was already made by someone else the reviews were good also, this is the power supply i checked online and it said 2 beeps then a pause and another 2 beeps means a corrupted BIOS and i did fiddle around with it to disable the intel graphics and i set the primary graphics to the pcie slot so i probably need to remove the cmos battery for 2 minutes to reset it (thats what most wrbsites said)

I mean ive only been getting this prpblem ever since i disabled the intel graphics and made the pcie slot the primary one so i probably did something wrong with the bios

Attached: 1546248822120215799458797346275.jpg (4032x3024, 2.27M)

It came all as one piece all the components put together and rwasy to turn on, i turned it on and my vga cable was in wrong slot so it was using intel graphics, i went into bios and disabled intel graphics then put the pcie as primary and bought an adapter put it into the lower slots which belonged to the gpu, plugged it into the monitor and it started making the beeping noisr and a red light

bought adapter?
you were using intel. fuck intel. just switch the monitor cable to teh vdieo card plugin.
plug your monitor into the plugins on the back of the video card. if it doesnt match and you need an adapter thats fine as long as the monitor plugs into it, then it into one of teh plugins on the back of the video card.

Attached: back_vga.png (250x792, 233K)

>that belogned to the video card
what kind of monitor do you have?
is it a tube crt? thats only got analog. you might have a analog monitor only and that card only outputs a digital videosignal. they make some adapters. i just for my computer i use analog and bought the last cards with analog out on them any FUCKING MORE. a 980ti

Alright thanks ill probably have to reset bios though since i fiddled with it i got a cable which plugs from gpu to monitor without needing an adapter so ill probs just use that one
My old monitor had a vga input only, this monitor has many inputs its some dell one idj the name but it should work once i reset bios

you shouldnt need to mess with teh bios. that just adjusts what dispaly to use as the computer is booting up.

use a conection that is compatible with the plugins on the video cards plugins on the back. if its not, then you might have an analog display.

Got any advice on removin the cmos battery? I dont wanna snap it

Attached: 15462500411693868709741635752154.jpg (4032x3024, 2.48M)

Alright thanks but ive already fiddled with it a bit so ill just reset it

just go into bios, go to that screen that says press F10 to save and exit and something like, press F5 to reset bios to default
reset. save and then exit. turn off computer. wait 15 seconds. reboot. you havent screwed with it that much. takign that battery out might break it or something. its not needed but to keep the time but would suck to have your clock screwed up everytime you turned your occoputer off tho.

i dont think your plugging the fucking card in right. if you need an adapter to plug the card in then it doesnt fit the DVI i can see DIGITAL out only DVI connection. no DVI Analog or even DVI-I which is both. its strictly a DVI-D connection. and those other 2 slots which look!!! like usb hdmi or wheatever the other shits called. obviusly you either plugged it into the wrong place, or you are using a DVI connection, having to have an adapter, means yoru display is using DVI analog out. it wouldnt plug in if it was analog.
Just basic like square hole in circle hole stuff.

if you dont have a monitor that doesnt require an adapter to plug into that card, either get a active adapter or buy a new monitor/video card.

I cant go into bios cos my screen doesnt turn on it says no signal so i need to reset the bios

Ive never removed the card or plugged it in myself when i bought the pc it was already plugged in and it seems to be plugged in correct, im using a displayport to vga adapter

This is the adapter im using amazon.co.uk/Rankie-DisplayPort-Adapter-1080P-Coverter-Black/dp/B00Z08TZNU/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1546251207&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=displayport to vga adapter&dpPl=1&dpID=41Fo3bPEp1L&ref=plSrch

Buti dont need the adapter ANYMOREA since i have a cable that fits into a gpu slot and my monitor ill send a pic of it

Attached: 15462510660961369535929703843259.jpg (4032x3024, 3.68M)

Here is the cable that fits gpu and monitor the top smaller end goes into gpu and the bigger one with loads of pins goes into monitor

Attached: 15462513250751821586336483493519.jpg (4032x3024, 2.7M)

ok put the cmos battery back and it still makes the noise, 2 beeps then a pause and another 2 beeps with a red light this is fucking annoying

look at the connections.jpg
a digital can fit into an analog but not the other way around.
check what the connection on the back of your monitor looks like. that picture you posted shows a dvi-Digital conector. check against the picture i posted if yours matches one of those on the back of your monitor.

Attached: dvi-shit.jpg (1000x1000, 83K)

I mean i tried 2 different monitors the problem must be with th pc its still beeping with a red light something in the pc is wrong and it happened ever since i fiddled witblh the bios to make the intel disabled and the pcie the main

Ill send a pic of my monitor slots

Attached: 15462522018067150485182983245506.jpg (4032x3024, 3.25M)

I think its a hardware issue but im not sure what the issue is n its getting really annoying

try not using a converter like that.
dont yhou have a dvi to dvi cable? might be something going on there. sometimes hdmi or some of those connectoins has a problem. no other cables you can use instead? other than that, i dont know. id try another connectoin to the video card before calling it messed up. that motherboard looks on the old side but idk. green is kind of out nowadays

Would the cable connecting to the monitor cause a beeping noise n red light from the pc? I dont have a dvi to dvi cable n i also tried putting it back into the top slot a vga to vga (the intel graphics part which was working all the time before i fiddled with bios) and it still made the beeping noise so im pretty sure its a problem with the hardware in the pc itself or with the BIOS

make sure its seated like i showed
that brakcet on the card should be flush against the case were teh screw screws it in. if it is, the card is seated. im sure its straight too or it would be broke. does the fan spin when it comes on? on hte card? that beeping means there is some error. connection, or power or something like that.

check aorund the card too on the side, and the back for
one of them

>because this belongs to be plugged into it

no bios setitnig should make the card beep. just make sure all the plugins are plugged in good. including the fan wires you showed me to the card which looked ok. just make sure everythign is seated good. dont fucking break tnoghing tho.

Attached: 6pin.jpg (1280x960, 49K)

A computer usually makes one short beep as an "everything okay" signal. If its a pattern or a long beep, your computer's telling you something is wrong

The GPU clearly shows that there are no PCIe power connectors on it.

Heres the screws on the card, looks fitted properly to me, ill check around the motherboard n card to make sure everything is plugged in properly

Attached: 15462531635683836695526034066346.jpg (4032x3024, 2.35M)

Yep its 2 medium-long beeps then a pause then a repetition of the first pair of beeps

whats your motherboard model

No clue ill try to check later

The beeping is continuing despite me trying to plug everything in properly THIS IS so fucking annoying im literally feelkng like just buying another fucking pc that will work

The white latch thing is a bit off does that matter?

Attached: 15462541429579163890081198289595.jpg (4032x3024, 2.41M)

youre literally a god damn stupid fucking monkey

google POST, GOOGLE POST BEEPS AND STOP POSTING

Is this thread still not 404d? FUCKING JANNIES

this isnt plugged in right

learn how that latch works, unscrew what screw holds the card to the case. get the card seated right, make sure the latch is down or hwatever that type of latch does. screw screw back in holding card to case.

i can see that isnt latched on right. mine doesnt work like that. look up your motherboard modell. there shouold be a screw like on my case that screws the card to the case with teh bracket on the back

Look up how to install a video card on youtube

and for that latch, look up pci-e latches

yes that is literally why it's not working you stupid monkey

fuckigniggers

Ok cheers