Wow! What a fucking deal! Scratch that. Fuck you CenturyLink. Fuck you

Wow! What a fucking deal! Scratch that. Fuck you CenturyLink. Fuck you.

Attached: 20181231_092956.jpg (1200x1091, 277K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rcrwireless.com/20180425/5g/fixed-wireless-broadband-to-grow-30-in-2018_tag41
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

oof

Attached: 2018-12-31 10_34_24.png (989x1984, 121K)

TFW paying $70 for this garbage

What the fuck? Why is this pricing scheme not linear at all? Literally the only remotely smart thing to do would be to pay for the gigabit plan.

Exactly. But bigger internet providers like xfinity aren't in my area.

I was paying $10 for 10mbit/s. 12 years ago.

>tfw you pay twice that for 1000/1000

>for the first 12 months

Because they know old people buy the slowest speed since they only need it for basic email access.

>Tfw living in a third world country and pay $15usd to 3.5 down 1.5 up

Get cucked

After that it goes up $15/month

Attached: 2018-12-31 10_40_42.png (521x81, 10K)

Lucky. For 2006 that's pretty good.

Making it 15$/mo more than att, and how much is equipment rental as fees?

I know that feel dude just try and get an unlimited LTE SIM and put it in a LTE modem and hope you get good reception at your place.

You don't have to rent from them, but I think it's $10 or $12 /month if you do rent.

Also, it's already $10-20 more expensive than Verizon's Gigabit fiber which is available here as well. So they're not really directly competing even when there is a fiber competitor offering better service for less $.

thats rough

Attached: Screenshot at 2018-12-31 10-41-39.png (971x591, 1.65M)

What company is this?

I'm actually surprised it is somehow worse than the fixed wireless ISP I use

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-31-07-48-35.png (1440x2560, 423K)

Do you live at the North Pole or something?

Wide Open West, also called WOW

No user that is just typical American "Broadband" speeds if you don't live in the city.

Fucking alabama has it better.

Attached: Screenshot_20181231-095444_Chrome.jpg (1200x1920, 436K)

or a major metro area suburb.
No need to live IN a city for nice internet.

This is true unless you live anywhere were century shit has a monopoly on ISP. 3Mbps down max when I live 20 minutes from Orlando fucking scam artists.

US has faster internet than 99% of Europe and the entire world.

Attached: gfd.png (574x3827, 149K)

Speeds which you can't get in 90% of the mainland country.

some prices are first 12 months only

Which holds less than 40% of the population

I don't see the issue.

I pay 70/mo with 100gb cap

Attached: 7484213732.png (350x200, 21K)

>40% of your countries population doesn't have access to reliable broadband internet
>somehow considered first world
>Still data caps in many areas
Yeah no issue there.

I mean, do you think the 60%+ of the population in cities and on the coasts should be subsidizing the cost of the infrastructure for the 40% who live in the middle of bum fuck nowhere?

If it were worth it to invest in the infrastructure, someone would do it. But a private business never will since they'd take 50-100+ years to make their money back, and by then they'd have to replace everything in the system at least once or twice in that time period, and so they'd have to reinvest far more than they're making off of the service in the first place just to keep it running.

No private company is going to sign up to continuously lose money forever with no hope of ever making a profit.

Without actual government infrastructure projects paid for by the coasties and major cities, it will never happen.

Nice fake news.

Where’s your source on this 40%? You are literally retarded if you think 40% of the population lives in rural areas.

these yellow metro areas alone account for 50% of the US population.

Rural areas by far have the least population, 40% is honestly being generous.

Attached: halfofusa-large.png (770x517, 52K)

>Comcast
LMFAO

I don't use them. I use verizon.

Comcast is simply also available if I wanted to.

Also, comcast has no data cap here.

Attached: 2018-12-30 19_22_52.png (564x276, 11K)

>Comcast and FiOS in the same market
let me guess, mid-atlantic?

Of course, the promised land of cheap and fast internet in the US.

why do you think 5G is being pushed so hard you moron? its to get high speed broadband out to the rural areas while having only a fraction of the infrastructure costs. Nationwide 5G with fixed wireless broadband service to the rural area would solve the problem

No it wont, not anytime soon at least.

Maybe in a decade or two.

and high property values and taxes
don't forget about the glorious traffic jams and jiggaboos
you're a complete idiot, there's enough towers out there already with enough existing fiber backbone to make it a reality

You just posted a really inaccurate map. Try posting facts next time, retard. Some actual facts.

to add, all it would take is updating the towers with newer equipment and a couple of other buildouts like high frequency LoS repeaters to be able to get the higher frequency 5G to households in rural communities, they would make their money back within 4 years

lol, you're delusional if you think fixed 5G is coming to rural areas anytime soon.

>and high property values and taxes
and high paying jobs and fantastic schools, and tons of extra curricular activities that aren't offered in bumfuck nowhere USA.

I pay 20euros/month for that.

Attached: Annotation 2018-12-28 221741.jpg (737x303, 37K)

>if you are excited with our monopoly prices
>me and our Jow Forums friends finally got rid of net neutrality
>just you wait till we release the tiered web access options!

yeah, that's why it's only been rolled out to handful of cities and VERY select areas in those cities.

Because it's just cheap and simple /s

*And the rest is subsidizes by you paying high taxes.

eh

Attached: ftc.png (1379x621, 37K)

>fantastic schools
yeah no, their above average at best
>you're delusional if you think fixed 5G is coming to rural areas anytime soon
>implying you know fuck all what you're talking about
rcrwireless.com/20180425/5g/fixed-wireless-broadband-to-grow-30-in-2018_tag41
>/s
kys redditfag, also see pic related, you have no clue what you're talking about

Attached: Screenshot_Brave_20181231-112434.png (1080x1920, 619K)

>yeah no, their above average at best
We aren't talking just public schools here kiddo.

You'll be playing the waiting game for 5G in rural areas for a decade unless you happen to live in the right area near a major highway or similar.

There's no taxes related to the ISP

Thank god for fixed wireless actually creating competition in the networking space. Having literal captive audiences of subscriber lines was cancer.

tfw europe.

sorry for non english but i guess you will be able to make out the content.

Attached: Screenshot_20181231-182841_X-plore.png (2160x1080, 290K)

What are you talking about we have public fiber that runs across basically every state or commercial highway in this country. It's how we have cell service basically everywhere.

Prices have always been like this, even with NN rules in effect, retard.

>he doesn't have redundant ISPs

if you think the main wireless ISPs in this country aren't going to jump at the opportunity to build out the 5G network and grab those customers, you're a fucking moron
5G can be used in existing 4G frequencies, and would more than 50% less expensive to roll out compared to wired broadband
5G is going to be a nationwide service whether you think it will or not, but just sitting here going "nuh uh it'll take 10 years" when it only took AT&T and Verizon about 4-5 years 7 fucking years ago to get nationwide 4G, 5G will be easier to implement because of the existing infrastructure for 4G

>He doesn't have 3 redundant routers configured with a controller all connected to a single VPN for 0 downtime

Isn't CenturyLink having a nation wide outage at the moment?

Thank god I live in Europe

And you're severely underestimating the cost of the actual 5G radios.
Not to mention, mmWave 5G requires basically line of sight and super short distance to work well.

Rural areas would have to use slower lower frequency 5G, which goes further, but isn't nearly as fast. And is still expensive.

I'm not saying some rural areas wont be covered, but you're dreaming if you honestly think the entire rural parts of the US will suddenly have blazing fast 5G in 2 years.

There are still rural areas that don't have 4G.

probably due to having such a low population density that it wouldn't be worth it, especially if you're talking about near the Rockies, that's true, but most rural areas near the coasts and in the Midwest have coverage

But that's my entire point, the idea of a nationwide 5G rollout in the next 2-3 years is laughable.

We still have plenty of rural areas that need good 4G.

it is nowhere near as expensive as having to lay cable you fucking moron
line of sight actually travels a lot further than your making it out to be, and is in use in its current existing form in Washington state, providing Broadband service to an island community that's over 2 miles from the mainland LoS transmitter

fucking hell
Id have to spend over $200/Mo for Gigabit here in the US.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-31-17-58-13.png (960x540, 85K)

no one lives near the Rockies like you're making it out, look at a coverage map for fucks sake
the Appalachians are covered, so are the Cascades, and Sierras, its only the Rockies where there are coverage issues and dead spots due to low population density
the majority of the rural communities don't live in desolate shitholes near the Rockies anyways so fuck em

My relatively small city has 2 providers of gigabit, one fiber, the other cable. Prices are typical for US internet, but considering just 2 years ago it was 100Mbit for the same price 1Gbit is now, I'll take it.

>calling the Rockies a shithole
fucking bugmen

What the actual ton of fuck is that shit?

Do you live in Botswana or somewhere such as that tier of country?

> tfw 200+ GB of 4G mobile data for 4$ a month
feels good

feels good m8
you can get 100mb/s up& down for 38$
with do data caps

Attached: Capture.png (1075x666, 43K)

50mbps seems like the best deal if it's only for 1 person.