/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSB?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: Kagamine.Len.full.1245073.jpg (506x726, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4E96vYUG7bw
ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-wiki/faq
chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/ /master/docs/user_data_dir.md
chromium.woolyss.com/#windows-64-bit
Jow
roningallery.com/artists/hasui-kawase?dir=desc&limit=200&order=price
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I found a bitcoin miner on my computer using Malwarebytes chameleon. I removed it with malwarebytes chameleon but every few days I see it popping up again. I can't get rid of this.

Reinstall.

Can anyone answer my question from the last thread? Pls n ty

Attached: FB_IMG_1543724666002.jpg (720x720, 38K)

fag

So that means that it's likely not my modem, but the ISP's infrastructure, right?

I use Cox Cable by the way, we've always had some sort of issue with them, but everything was pretty smooth for the past few months until a few weeks ago when this shit started occurring multiple times a day.

Can you tell me what your firmware version is?

D31CM-PEREGRINE-1.1.1.0-GA-14-NOSH

>pirated windows 7
>need a disc to reinstall
I reap what I sow I guess

Attached: 1428537654130.png (301x382, 171K)

It looks like that firmware has been out since at least May, so assuming it didn't just get updated it's probably not the modem.
Let the line tech do his job, the fact that the residential tech called him out after looking at your signal levels means it's likely their problem

What makes me almost certain it's on them is not only have we been having a high number of outages lately (nearly 1 every day the past 2 weeks), but in addition when the signal drops, my cable stops working too, and then comes back on.

If it was the modem, this would make no sense, as I have a splitter, and the cable all comes from another splitter, while the modem only has 1 splitter between it and the incoming cable line.

Thanks for your help though m8.

Is it possible to repair a cpu?

Attached: 7ed-231-birds-of-paradise.jpg (571x460, 90K)

recommended VPNs?
Would be ideal if it doesn't get blocked by Netflix but I'll mostly be using it for torrenting and web browsing so ideally I won't be losing too much speed

What's the best thread image downloader for Firefox?
Is it still DTA?

Thanks and Happy New Year

Is there such a thing as a wireless keyboard that has half the buttons and is also tiny and can be used like a TV remote but to control a PC? Searching around all I can find are IR remotes.

Core 0: +71.0°C (high = +84.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 1: +67.0°C (high = +84.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 2: +65.0°C (high = +84.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 3: +62.0°C (high = +84.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)

is this normal? temps via lm-sensors while playing csgo & minecraft

If I start studying coding (or anything IT related) seriously, would it possible for me eventually to get work as a freelancer without a degree in the computer science field? (I had programming classes during my first two years of college, but I guess it doesn't count)

Install Gentoo

how the actual shit do i replace python 3 with python 2.7 on arch linux without shitting on everything

I just want to use google app engine

I'm trying to get some response to get a feel for what I should do, so could anyone chime in for something?

A friend is moving out with his girlfriend, and he decided to get rid of some old shit he doesn't use anymore. A keyboard, speakers, one of his HTPC's, a few semi-old consoles (PS3, PS2, and a Wii). He said I could have it all for free if I could come by the same day, which was a free day for me anyway.
He has a Logitech G910 keyboard, but some of the keys are fucked ("=/+" & "F3" switch seem a bit loose), so would need to spend a few dollars to repair it, the right Control cap & switch are entirely gone.
Over all, it's a few dollars repair, but since I already have a keyboard, I don't know if I could justify spending the money to repair, since it won't be replacing my current keyboard probably.
Anyone been in a similar situation? If so, what'd you do?
Otherwise, what would you guys recommend?
I'd like to keep it as a spare, but spending upwards of maybe $10 on repairs for it seems a little weird to me...

Depends in your CPU.

How can i turn a installed app into an APK?

does deleting an email account disables all accounts that are related to that email address?
as most of these accounts requires a working email address

Welp

Typically no, you'd need to go through each website you're registered to with that email and deactivate it individually.
I can still login to F95zone (for research purposes, I swear) with an email I deleted about 2 years ago.

welp needed to restart chrome, it updated to version 71, and i'm no longer able to make it look reasonable.
every time chrome does something like this, I want to switch, but every fucking time there is nothing to switch to.

so, instead of switching to something not chrome, are there fucking ANY browsers that aren't painful to set up, as in I put the log in into it, I honestly gave up trying to hide from the bot net as there is no hiding, I just want something that looks like chrome 70/normal ui without a hassle.

if you are on intel, yes.

this how Jow Forums should look in umatrix without a pass?
can't renew mine.

Attached: 2019-01-01_02-46-23.png (555x475, 35K)

Abandon all hope. Even Firefox has gone down the shitter now.

It has been shit for the last what, nearly 10 years? at first it was just multimedia was bad, but now its thrown everything good about itself away while talking on all the bad of chrome with massive ram issues.

all I want is chrome without google in control of the ui as they fucking suck at it.

youtube.com/watch?v=4E96vYUG7bw

see the messed up colors on his shirt? is that how the video is supposed to look like or is there something wrong with my graphics driver or something?

Attached: Capture.jpg (1152x647, 41K)

> i'm no longer able to make it look reasonable.
t. Anime Pro

Attached: 1481907964456.jpg (960x720, 220K)

do you think material works on anything but phones? If I knew downgrading wouldn't fuck everything over I would do it.

i haven't restarted get so i don't know how bad it is, i have like a theme and some chrome flags to make it look reasonable, user posted an ungoogled chromium screenshot and it had the old-style GUI so you could check that out as well

>ungoogled chromium
happen to know what setup is like? going from chrome to ungoogled chromium, how painless is it?

whats the most customizable browser that Ideally doesn't spy on you? for example I created my own homepage but for some reason firefox doesn't allow users to change their newtab to a local file anymore??? is there a browser that will let me configure it basically the way I want?

it looks like you can install the same extensions and import your bookmarks, dunno if there's more you need

ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-wiki/faq

also it seems you can copy over your user data directory

chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/ /master/docs/user_data_dir.md

mostly this is what i'm wondering about, as so much bullshit is tied in here.

welp simple copy paste didnt work, it would no longer open after I did so.

chromium.woolyss.com/#windows-64-bit
Get the ungoogled-chromium build marked there, it's the only build I know of that gets updated regularly (I use it myself, no issues)

this one still has the not shit for mobile chrome look in it?

What's a nice monitor for a raspberry pi?
I don't have any external monitor beside the ones on my laptop and "need" one to set up a rpi I received.

v71 has been out a while now and im pretty sure the design for a few versions back (at least v69), they also removed the flags to revert back to the old design

Why are 2D boys so adorable?

This general shouldn't exist, /sqt/ is literally stupid people answering stupid questions. As soon as someone comes with a more difficult question, you're completely useless.

welp, ok
i am interested in resetting everything about myself on the internet because i did so many dumb shit using my main personal email (e.g. signing up for """""""free cloud gaming""""""")
but just deleting that specific email address should be enough to block junk mail from those services

sadly worthless to me without the decent ui

>As soon as someone comes with a more difficult question, you're completely useless.
You don't quite grasp the concept, do you?

I'm sufficiently computer literate to be unable to see the difference between basic and intermediate issues. If I'm stumped, you're being completely useless in answering my questions, but every time I ask somewhere else, realizing it might be way above your heads, they just tell me to go to /sqt/.

Because you're a faggot.

How do I fix fucked up css in firefox? Started appearing two days ago I think and I don't know what gives. I remember this shit occuring a year ago or so but I do not see any threads on Jow Forums about this so it looks like it's more isolated (aka only on my laptop).

Attached: cssfuckedup.png (1366x768, 171K)

If I upgrade my laptops Windows 10 license from Home to Pro and now I'm selling the laptop, does the pro license stay with the laptop/mobo? Can i advertise the listing as having W10 Pro? Or is the upgrade locked to my m$ account?

Anyone else is getting false bans?
Like getting their IP range banned or getting banned for being TOR/Proxy IP despite not being any of these?
And the only option is to get Jow Forums pass.

Attached: Artist-Youkan-Erotic-Illustrations-36.jpg (700x975, 254K)

>use scptoolkit for my DS3, never have any issues for a long time, windows 7
>get a usb bluetooth dongle for the controller (posted about it a few times ITTs)
>can't get it functional for the life of me
>end up uninstalling and reinstalling scptoolkit to make sure bluetooth drivers are installed, etc.
>now controller itself no longer works even though everything was installed okay (AFAIK)
This fucking sucks. Anybody have any sage advice for me?

Attached: constipated black man.png (459x377, 9K)

latest compiled release of ungoogled chromium for windows x64?

as you said the PSU is done. risk of it fucking other components isn't unlikely, i'd suggest turning it off completely and unplugging the PSU till you get a replacement

Inject some code to make it save the coins instead of sending them.

what do you frens think is causing this? its brand new

Attached: x584.png (1212x233, 50K)

What's wrong with caring about package size? I like having a small and minimalist install.

Can you run crystaldiskmark and post the results

try stackexchange?

what are some decent video players on android that can render ass subs? i have samba share that has bunch of anime but my default video player can't seem to display subs.

Attached: 1.jpg (2578x2578, 3.26M)

do you use 4chanx? if not:
1) install violentmonkey
2) install 4chanx script from Jow Forums-x.net/

Setting up a win10 machine and being cockblocked from using ninite (or installing anything) by S Mode.
How do I disable or remove S Mode without Windows Store?

Attached: Capture5.png (394x361, 34K)

What's so hard about porting Chrome OS apps to Linux or macOS apps to BSD?

Is this idea legitimate??

Attached: hybrid backup clone and images.png (754x514, 49K)

Web dev type who wants to branch into sys admin territory. Which cert(s) should I take?

Drives get slower the more full they are, but 74% should be still well enough.
Do you have AHCI enabled? Is it on a 3rd party SATA controller port that might have some issues?
Is there a firmware update available for it? That might help a bit.
Is there any other constant disk activity going on during benchmarks? Maybe some malware encrypting all your files right now.

Otherwise I don't know.

Is it worth it to upgrade to Windows 7 64 Bit? I'm still using Windows 7 32 Bit Core2Duo 8400 with 4 GB RAM.

I have a webserver that my client application communicates with through HTTP GET requests. The problem is that if someone were to visit my webserver's address, they would see the json that I want to be sending. Is it possible to hide this json from any visitor apart from those coming from my application?

bump?

I'd use some sort of tokens that is sent in a header along with it.
The server then checks if the header is present and the token valid.

Or use basic authentication if you want the server itself to handle this.

Legit??

Attached: hybrid backup clone and images.png (733x524, 49K)

How do i get my twitter account banned? I created it using my college email but since I finished college my email has been disabled. I don't remember my email address nor the password i used.

Did you never log in for over 6 months?

I recently upgraded my graphics card (primarily because it was old, but it was also showing artifacts, or so I thought was the GPU) from an R7 260X to an RX 580, and the artifacting that I thought was the GPU is still present on my new one.
Can this be a dodgy HDMI cable at all? Because it's really starting to be annoying.
I have no other cables to test with, either.

and if so, that's not a ban but inactivity; knowing your email would've helped

Are 4k monitors worth it, or are 1440p 144Hz monitors overall superior for everyday use(browsing, gaming, coding, video editing, photoshop)?

As right now, very few GPUs can run most games on ultra in 4k, even high end ones
Or are there 4k monitors that support 144Hz in 1080/1440?

Attached: C38567CE-EFB4-49FE-A471-A47E11CFB99C.png (612x468, 356K)

I have a 1070ti and I wonder, should I use the HDMI port to connect my monitor to the GPU? I thought HDMI was better than DVI. Or HDMI is for TVs and DVI for monitors?

Attached: can we not.png (300x326, 108K)

u dumbfock

he's a shitty youtuber with shitty editing/recording equipment and zero skills. Is not you, is him.

that's the point of this thread, asshole. i'm ignorant asking a dumb question in a stupid question thread.

Attached: Dildo.gif (245x272, 1022K)

what's the best way to reheat subway

DVI and HDMI is the same with a different connector.
Older DVI outputs cannot transfer sound though.

shove it up u're butt

But the video quality is the same then?

It's the same signal, it makes no difference.

Bump.

Attached: Alana says thank you.gif (250x250, 834K)

>reset qbittorrent
>download nothing
>statistics show this

what happened?

Attached: qbit.png (286x401, 6K)

i'll look into it thanks fren

So I've just put together my new AMD rig, coming from an i5-2400 and I'm pretty happy with it so far. Are there any recommended BIOS settings I should look out for or should everything work out of the box? I'm seeing 4.25, highest 4.3 (rare) for single core boost but when all cores are used I get between 3975 and 4GHZ, does that sound about right?

My power profile is the standard Balanced profile but I've also tried high performance which didn't make much difference. I'm also seeing maximum vcore of 1.519V according to HWMonitor, isn't that too high? I've made sure I have all the latest drivers and whatnot.

Attached: Untitled.png (1832x843, 318K)

dht maybe?

I have a list of about 200 URLs and I want to download the images from each of them.

How do I do this? I tried different browser extensions and download managers but they just download the .html files.

Is there a way for me to extract the "blahblah.jpg" parts from the html files so that I'll have a list of direct links to the images, which I could then download with any download manager?

This is the website, if anyone's curious: roningallery.com/artists/hasui-kawase?dir=desc&limit=200&order=price

Attached: JPR1-14127_s.jpg (1000x1476, 345K)

which command in terminal to make len my husbando?

Trying to move a wole hard drive into an SSD, which is smaller. Used dd, partition by partition, after setting the SSD to GPT, like the original hard drive.
However, in Easeus I see the "Status" "boot' set in the HDD, but not in the SSD. How can I solve this? Command line or free third party software solutions are welcome.

i would probably just whip up a quick python script to scrape the html, follow the links and extract the image links

i'm sure someone will be along with a 1 liner wget command that will do it all automatically

I think you need to set the boot flag on the SSD as well.