How many contributions you did in the last year?

How many contributions you did in the last year?

Attached: linus.jpg (1002x802, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gelstudios/gitfiti
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>doing things for free
kek

>using closed source m$ owned website

> Linus uses Emacs
Vimtards btfo

>Luke uses vim
WE ARE STILL FUCKING SUPERIOR

I wish I got to fill out my good boy calendar, but I'm stuck using bitbucket for private repositories since I only contribute to my own [secret] stuff.

M$ doesn't own .com. That's an OSOC managed property...

He's talking about GitHub

all my commits are on private gits.
its not like you cant spam your commit history to meme the graph though.

Pretty sure that's also OSOC managed. Or at least OSOC engaged...

wat?

Attached: wat.jpg (284x529, 32K)

>caring about number of commits
I set up a script to commit every 34 seconds. How does it feel to be less productive than me?

step it up my dude
github.com/gelstudios/gitfiti

Work smarter, not harder

well, nobody says that more is better, dude

will swastikas get me banned?

>unironically contributing to m$hub
besides that, what's the alternative now? I'm using gitlab, but retards can't figure out the UI so they're avoiding it, and still working for m$. I'm waiting for a blockchain based git, but that could take a while.

quality > quantity.
Stop being autistic and thinking garbage commits are going to make you good in any way or comparable to Linus who points a lot of time into what he pushes.

No

Attached: 1536616221478.png (388x447, 10K)

We still need a Hindi and Arabic translation over at OpenWrt if anyone is interested

I stopped contribution after SJW cuckery hit the environment. Now i'm enjoying life and looking the house burn.

To github or society as a whole?
Either way, 0.

Attached: 1513960653972s.jpg (250x226, 6K)

303. I thought it will be more but I have bad habit of committing bulks of changes at once to my projects, so it's not like few commits here and there because i got something in comment wrong. Hopefully this year will be better since I have couple of projects that will go open source this year.

Attached: 23452.png (1143x305, 25K)

Not difficult when this guy literally gets paid to contribute to open source. Most of us have to work shitty 9-5s on closed source projects we hate and have no control over. If I were in his position, I wouldn't even have one single empty day in my calendar.

so how do you actually get into contributing to kernel at this stage? surely all the important stuff is done, and its only the bleeding edge/domain knowledge/utterly boring bits left? is there a feature backlog i can just pull sonething to do off from?

>surely all the important stuff is done
Not really, there is a new proprietary piece of hardware produced every second, needind driver support.

tl;dr drivers

Linux should separate drivers source from kernel itself to get rid of its size. It's insane how much is kernel growing because of muh drivers.

Are you fucking serious?

the Windows DLL model would vastly improve kernel performance and lessen the need for band-aids like systemd

what? what do you mean by "Windows DLL model"? as in the use of dll's? linux already has "dll"'s, they're just not called dll's, rather .so files (shared object). they're functionally equivalent

>muh 666 gazillion of lines of code
go fuck yourself l*nus

install gentoo

1900 on github, like 300 on gitlab

But they are all just me learning, so not really open source contributions, just me posting shit I'm making as I learn it

I was banned from contributing because I suggested on twitter that maybe border security isn't actually a racist concept

Attached: 1516904304642.png (225x27, 3K)

>I suggested on twitter that maybe border security isn't actually a racist concept

Seriously? If the Swedish Meatball Team lived on the south and tried to break in you'd hold the door open.

I have no idea what you're trying to say but I'm sure that if a swede wanted to come to America he'd do it legally.

>muh drivers
Linux, as we know it, would be useless without broad driver support.

Yes I definitely need all your drivers idiot.

Yeah because I'm not using your rinky dink thinkpad setup. Don't like it? Too fucking bad.

Why does it matter if they're not enabled?

Idiot. They sit there in the data segment preventing cache locality.

the tiny built-in's? you can disable them if you can be bothered
splitting the codebase won't remove the built-in's, the kernel image and drivers are already installed as separate sets of files, typically anything not needing for booting is compiled as a standalone module, the only part of these left in the kernel are for detection purposes, so it recognizes hardware and knows which module to load for it
having unloaded modules on disk doesn't slow down shit

Based and redpilled.

He doesn't use GNU emacs. He uses a fork of some old variant of emacs which causes your CPU to HCF if you run it without a TTY.

But you don't understand, having a few extra MBs of data in his disk is unacceptable bloat and will fuck his mind up

Attached: reiki-for-autism.jpg (900x810, 134K)

I don't understand how busy people do this as a hobby

Attached: neet.jpg (747x201, 23K)

Attached: Screenshot 2019-01-01 at 15.27.49.png (1482x398, 58K)

Well, I have no life but I have my personal open source project that I've been developing for more than a year now. I want to fucking complete it already and to put it on my portfolio.