Is a pre build really that much worse than building?

Is a pre build really that much worse than building?

I've built a bunch of PCs in the past, but it just feels like a chore to me now.

Attached: 2192-alienware-area51-r5-570x800.png (570x800, 382K)

it's almost always more expensive and quality control is usually bad. expect at least one component to be low quality chink shit. i dont see how building a pc every 2-3 years using pcpartpicker is a chore.

Just buy a used business class desktop for $200 or less. There are tons of them on Craigslist and eBay. You can throw in a good graphics card if you need to.

Are you a gamer?

Aren't there any reputable brands? What about those associated with big manufacturers.

And it's not just for me, I tell friends and family to build their own PC but then I always have to waste an evening showing them how to operate a screwdriver.

buy dell

Cringe and bluepilled

personally, I like NZXT cases so if I was to get a prebuilt again, I'd try their service since their prices are supposedly close to msrp

Alienwares are garbage but pre builts were good when gpu prices were out of the world. Dont know if theyre still worth it now unless you want the convenience.

You're better off going to the best buy website and picking a machine with the components you want than you are buying these gamer focused machines. Most those ones on best buy appear to use off the shelf components, where as something like an alienware uses all proprietary bullshit.

Use that BLD service where they just do it for you professionally for $100. Well worth it if you go with something complex.

pre-builts are fine to LEARN how to build a PC.
I learned by getting a prebuilt and replacing each part individually over time.
After you know how, there's really no point.

how many broken these have you seen

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1500x1500, 188K)

>LEARN how to build a PC.
It is so hard to place things where they fit. So hard.

Not really, most of the retards telling you to build are usually gamer babies whose only experience with OEMs is whatever cheapest shit they had at a given time that their mommy bought them for their birthday.
Business/enterprise systems are well featured, decent quality and far more visually tasteful and professional than the awful RGB/kitchen appliance dichotomy shitting up whiteboxes these days.
Are you even old enough to post here? Building a PC is hardly even worthy of being called building, it's so fucking simple.

They usually cheap out on PSUs, mobos, ram, cooling, have ugly cases, but I guess they're alright.

NZXT BLD is OK from what i've heard. And the super high end vendors like Maingear and Digital Storm are good, but expect crazy prices.

When the RAM and GPU price hike was in full force last year I purchased a pre-built HP OMEN for about 130$ less than it would have taken me to buy the parts...including a 4 year warranty. I made out like a bandit with that one.

MOST of the time, building your own is going to be a better value but not always.

shit motherboard
shit cooling(usually stock even on game systems)
shit stock psu

building the PC is more fun to me than actually playing and using the PC

how much do you want to bet this is an RGB baby or a fractard

Show me a beautiful case, in your opinion.

>Pre-built's
"Mommy i don't know where the square block goes, can you do it for meee?.."
SUCH A CHORE MOOOM!, like OMG.

Attached: 71pFI3q04pL._SX425_.jpg (425x387, 18K)

Linus did a video recently and main gear seems pretty good, problem is in order to not get custo.myou need custom and not jsut pre-built.

Is that why he took all the time off?

I always buy my PC components at stores that offer to build it for me if I bought an entire build. Then first thing I do when I get is is to take off the side panels and see if they've done a decent job.

Saves me the hassle to build it myself and even if they fucked up it only takes a fraction of the time to correct their fuckup than building it myself.

Best solution imho.

>aopen hx-08
iprange has been gookmooted, so no images.

yes buying prebulit is worth,

remember if your a gamer treat your pc as you would with a games console.

would you buy ps4 if you were required to bulid it first?

>Is a pre build really that much worse than building?

No.

Yes
Look up Walmart gaming pc

>Aren't there any reputable brands?

There are, but think about the profit margins on these things: the makers either have to use cheap components or cheap labour (or both) or else they have to be overpriced as hell.

Just build your own.
Make sure to get a case that has dust filters and at least one front fan for air intake, for a motherboard go with MSI or Gigabyte, get an Arctic Esports One cooler for whatever processor you decide on (it's a cheap cooler that's easy to install and has good performance, plus it comes with Arctic MX paste which is excellent) and don't buy a hard drive made by Kingston or WD.
Make sure whatever processor you choose is compatible with the motherboard.

Also, get a PSU by either Corsair or EVGA.

If you're scared of damaging something just look up tutorials for installing every component on Youtube (and remember that when screwing the cooler to the board screw each screw in just a little, then move onto the one of the opposite corner diagonally, then go back to the other screws once they're all tightened a little and screw them all the way in.)

>but it just feels like a chore to me now
Building a computer in current year is braindead piss easy.

This. Every time I build a PC in the shopping cart it ends up being more expensive than a pre-built with the same specs most of the time. Not to mention you get manufacturer support and drivers pretty easily too

>1 hour every couple of years is a chore

I bought a prebuilt years ago and had way more problems with it than it was worth. Had to replace a bunch of parts and redo a lot of the cable management since it was such a mess inside (the side panel literally would not close). I went ahead and built my last PC, took about 30 minutes and haven't had any trouble since. I don't know what prebuilders do but they really don't give a shit about how a PC looks on the inside and that means things are a lot more likely to break (more dust gets in shit since there's bad airflow, tangled wires get ripped by tension, etc.). Will post a pic if I can find one

If you don't want to put the thing together and act as technical support a prebuilt is a good option. No one on Jow Forums should be inexperienced enough that a prebuilt is necessary.

You're basically always better off getting a comparable computer and putting it together yourself. Prebuilts use inferior parts and the motherboard is locked down so you can't overclock or tweak a lot of settings. Plus the OS is usually filled with adware if not straight up malware. If you wipe the system and install a clean OS they're probably good computers for your mom/dad or grandma/grandpa but for your own use you'll probably feel overly restricted by them.

Lenovo Legion i7 7700, $1599 roughly a year ago. On paper it looked good...

Attached: 20190101_110855 - Copy.jpg (1500x2000, 2.37M)

It takes like 45 mins to go from still in the component boxes to a fully built compurer ready to turn on.

you could buy the refurbished version for 700$ at the same time