Let's be brutally honest

Let's be brutally honest.
You Linux faggots only use Linux for the sake of not being a Windows normie.
You would be better off using Win10.

Attached: No_linux.png (334x393, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/hardlinkshellext.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I only use windows for compatibility reasons
Also, if something goes wrong in windows, I’m more likely to know how to fix it

Good choice. Quality of life is something not known in the Linux world. Having a fancy gui installer isnt particularly QoL you nerds

I just wanna get into Linux because I am curious and every fatass at my school is claiming it as the second coming of jesus but when I ask them which distro I should poke around in they get all elitist and shit on any distro I was thinking of using till my interest wans and eventually kicks in again a month later.

Linux has the most elitist users of any OS, change my mind.

Attached: Brick Wall.jpg (338x225, 29K)

Just stay with Windows unless you want to become a shut-in and gain 200lbs.

I've used Linux quite a bit, played with Debian, Slackware, etc - got into it pretty heavily. I got sick of having to always concern myself with fixing things and worrying about what next could go wrong, so now I'm on Windows 10. Obviously, it has its software and update problems, but they're rare and easily fixable. I know it's a meme, but it just werks

See, those lard ass nerds just need something to make them feel "superior". Obviously they can't shine with their appearances so they pick Linux instead.

Mac users are pretty bad.
My step-dad is always criticizing Windows (because he is a boomer who always loaded his old Windows PC full of bloat and wondered why it turned slow), and always talks about how great everything on Mac is. He's trying to convert the rest of the family to Mac, saying how fast Mac is and how great the software is, etc. The cult of Apple and their Fanboys can actually be quite obnoxious.

maybe true for civvies

Attached: 1545320503807.jpg (1440x1080, 170K)

windows is a pain to use

Maybe. But I don't like being spied on.

I would be better off if I had the money to buy a nice Macbook. Windows blows hard.

Attached: windowsSucks.jpg (504x522, 21K)

no, i'm not gay man or adobe shill i literally have 0 reason to use windows because linux already have what i just needed and it's free

Why even make this thread. I don't use windows because it doesn't offer me what I want. It's that simple. You seem like you don't know how to use linux so you expect everyone to use what you like.
>but I don't want to fix anything
But it's so easy to fix things. And once you do it just works (tm). It won't do anything you don't tell it to do. If it's broken, you fucked it up. Racecar analogy

>Linux has the most elitist users of any OS
mac users hands down with the "it just works" shit
it works but you can't upgrade them and linux/windows is great if you don't buy garbage hardware then disable the wrong shit

Write a script that randomly generates large empty files to fill his drive up.

Attached: 1540053950016.png (401x305, 125K)

I probably can't change your mind about Linux users being elitist. A lot of dorks let their computer skills go to their heads because it's all they have going for them in life. Honestly, you could choose any distro with a large user base and be fine. I would recommend Debian (what I use) or Ubuntu, mostly because they have huge community support and the apt package manager solves package dependencies automatically, but that's just me.

Linux is not even an OS at this point. People swap out parts for the sake of swapping out parts. Only thing in common is the kernel.

This was true 10 years ago, now Windows is just distracting, unusable autism.

Linux is much more productive for me.

I genuinely wish I could go back to windows. I still keep it in a 50GB partition on my hdd just in case I ever need it. Just every time I boot it up I'm reminded why I don't use it.
>want to reboot?
>nah need to update first
>want to use cpu power for a VM?
>nah need at least 2 cores to index your file system, or scan for viruses, or run onedrive_setup.exe
>want to install something?
>need to run an installer and read every line to make sure it doesn't install adware
>oh and no software repos to tell you when it's out of date so the next time you open it you'll have to update first
>not a fan of windows file manager?
>too fucking bad no alternatives
>want to tile?
>you'll have to use a mouse, good fucking luck snapping windows with a trackpoint
>want to uninstall something?
>you need a 3rd party program to do it properly
>want vim?
>you'll want this gui as well

and to top it all off, better reinstall your OS once a year if you want it running at max performance. It's the definition of an awful, awful operating system that just gets in your way everytime you don't want it to. At this point if I had to choose a normie OS i'd get a used MBP.

>faster than windows
>free
>install things without shitty bloat to avoid
>can update everything with a short command (or through a gui)

>Reboots your computer suddenly
>Installs updates for 3 hours
>Fails to boot
>Does a system recovery
>Uninstalls updates for 1 hour
>Boots normally
No reason to use Linux...heh heh

After moving pretty much all of my workflow over to Nextcloud, emacs, i3, suckless tools, etc. it would be difficult for me to even feel comfortable to use windows 10, let alone get half of the shit working smoothly just to please some obnoxious contrarian on Jow Forums (OP).

If I needed something from windows, I'll just boot LTSB on a virtual machine and be done with it.

Does Windows have a fully functional bash shell? Does it have a normal directory structure? No? Well then fuck off.

Attached: 1545449413795.jpg (447x720, 42K)

watch any distro review on youtube. people just casually mentioning how they managed to lock up their system or fubar something. Last time Windows even crashed on me was back in Vista.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I dont use GNU/Linux, I use BSD

No. I just enjoy GNU/Linux for my home PC more responsive and less bloat compared to Windows. I use Windows 10 at work though so there's that.

>Does it have a normal directory structure
FHS is garbage. Year of the linux desktop will come when they drop it like the sack of turds that it is.

I use AmigaOS

Imagine being so pathetic and loyal to a company that you will shill for free. Proof that windows users are pathetic virgins. They got nothing else to do on New Years

You're forgetting:
>every time you install it, the bootloader is placed on a random partition rather than the same one you're installing windows to (why even install on an SSD if you need to wait 15 seconds to boot into the bootloader before you can be redirected to the actual OS on a different drive).
>Updates attempt to partition the bootloader section of your hard drive. If your partitioning scheme (the default windows one) is at capacity, it will just leave you in an unbootable state
>99% sure they still haven't fixed the mixed signal interrupt bug if you have SSDs and hard drives
boy I sure do hate niggers kikes and especially jannies

I use both, I've gotten to a point where the OS is just a means to an end

In ancient times of the 1990's and 1980's there were home computers that weren't windows or linux based. Just because I don't like Linux doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer another OS.

will never happen again unless it's something like what google did. only a corporation can afford to create an os

Ok Rajesh. Go do the needful and continue to shit up Jow Forums with your shill threads

hows the market share? do you think 2019 will be the year of the linux desktop?

Here are the exact reasons I use Linux desktop editions.
Better able to configure network properties
wider array of configurations for both private network and wide area network.
Cinnamon is a far superior interface to the windows 10 interface.
Never had a crash with linux ever
never picked up a virus with linux that I know of
better backup facilities with Linux
Better encryption
windows devices, generally speaking, cant read my disks so they cant infect my computer across the network
All my software is free on Linux
I dont have to hunt all over the internet for my software
Better methods of installing and removing software than windows

Damn I could spend hours making this list. I hadnt realised just how little I like windows anymore
I fix linux servers and windows desktops for businesses. I dont know any business that runs its own servers that actually use windows servers anymore .
I primarily use Linux desktop at home but am forced to use windows at work

>Mac Humpers
Probably a total liberal. I bet he drives a Subaru and your family has a dog he takes fucking EVERYWHERE.

i use linux because it doesn't ask for my phone number and email when installing it. also, because it doesn't make me agree to a gay TOS.
also, because it's free, as in beer, and when i want to change something it's not a big deal because all the source is there.

I can automate things with linux bash that I don't even know how to do with Windows 10

Attached: 1545595466254.jpg (631x768, 203K)

w10 is fucking shit so I use w7, fight me brainlet

Attached: b8.png (618x618, 90K)

Being a network engineer, I prefer Linux not because I don't want to be a "Windows normie", but because there are a couple of network monitoring tools that just don't work on Windows that are pretty much exclusive to Linux. Now I'm not full-on spurglord and try to cram it down their throats like a bunch of Mormons on blow, if people ask me I educate them and if they're interested in it and want to experiment with it I help them install it on a VM for them. I use Windows outside of work because honestly, games are going to run better on Windows at the moment. Every once in a while I dabble with MacOS just to familiarize my self with the latest release. If everything I used ran on Linux I'd honestly have no use for Windows. Sadly I'll most likely be dead by the time there is full Linux compatibility.

Windows Subsystem for Linux does have networking support. Not sure the exact details about what doesn't work.

Last I remember applications with a UI won't run. I've grown to love Etherape for my work, and jnettop. WSL could run jnettop, but sadly wouldn't be able to run etherape. I miss the old days of "Ubuntu on Windows" or whatever it was called which was a fun little version of Ubuntu that allowed you to run Linux UI applications on top of windows from a USB drive. Etherape for Windows would be nice, and possibly for me be a game changer in my OS of choice.

I'm not shilling, just reflecting on my experiences.

I use Loonix because of dwm and terminal workflow ease of use.

He's actually a 2deep4u lolbertarian who thinks Joe Rogan is a smart guy and that climate change is a hoax

Linux is a piece of shit.
If you enjoy troubleshooting and browsing various wiki for literally anything that's not working out of the box (which is A LOT) you clearly have too much free time.

Joe Rogan drowns in money and pussy. Can't be too much of a brainlet.

No, I use it because it is easier.

W10 have dwm too. It's in the task manager.

Attached: 1526227077976.jpg (640x866, 69K)

>W10 have dwm too. It's in the task manager.
What?
You are gonna have a pretty bad time if you want to switch out the default Windows Windowmanager, that has nothing to do with the task manager.

ok i use linux because it super fast stable full of software highly customizable system without hidden updates.
any fuckin questions faggots?

>stable full of software

Attached: 1546089487703.jpg (633x634, 107K)

Retard detected

Attached: brainlet.jpg (645x729, 46K)

>HOW DARE YOU LIKE THINGS I DON'T: the post
The impotent rage, insecurity, and victim complex absolutely oozes from ever single word of this post. This sort of mindset disgusts me: my mother was also of the opinion that everything she didn't like was a directly-targeted conspiracy against her. Thank God that psychobitch is dead.

List of devices in my laptop that won't work on windows 10
-Brightness shortcuts
-Brightness adjustments (modding obscure regedit entries can get 4 brightness levels)
-Display selection shortcuts
-Trackpad Gestures
-Fingerprint Sensor
-Battery life LED (Which on Linux, works great, in a way not even the OEM thought of using it)

To top it off, nearly doubled battery life on Linux than on Windows LTSC with all the garbage disabled

No, that's actually the opposite.
I use Linux precisely to avoid Windows 10.
I don't give a shit about muh freedom or muh privacy, but Windows 10 has gotten so shit that it's pretty much unusable as a daily driver. Linux at least doesn't treat me like a dumb kid with messages like "uh oh! i can't open this APP".
I'll use whatever I have to use when working, but I don't want Windows anywhere near my machines anymore.
>inb4 no photoshop no x no y
99% of the population uses computers just to browse the internet, write a couple documents and check email. A good Linux system would unironically be better for them as well.

>nearly doubled battery life
You nearly had me convinced that you might be telling the truth, until you dropped this clanger.

in windows you are forced to use apps that require more CPU/RAM consumption, not to mention that browsing the internet with any browser eats far more RAM than in Linux , so yeah, that might not be the situation in idle, but it sure is under heavy workload

I have absolutely no doubt that my Edge with 100 tabs open has lower RAM usage than any Linux browser (except Lynx - MAYBE) in a similar situation. So I'll chalk this one up to subjective experiences, and leave it at that.

No I use it just to stay away from Windows 10. The updates that completely shit the system so bad the is needs to be reinstalled...yeah that shit got old quick.

Nice larp. Or you are literally retarded.

The seething winjeets ITT

Linux is for programming

>etherape
>jnettop
>ubuntu
>linux
Why does FOSSdom have such sickeningly cringey names for their stuff? Seriously, most of these "words" are, at best, like weird baby noises when said out loud.

Attached: 1544764529129.gif (427x240, 904K)

It's almost as if Linux were a kernel...

He forgot to put in commas. Don't be hard on him, people on the autism spectrum often struggle with language and communication skills. It's probably also why so many autists use Linux too.

if only mac and windows is in your scope of options then mac is a big improvement over windows

I know this is bait but 10 is the worst version of Windows since ME (vista was alright, suck my dick), I moved away for the first time after trying 10.

I literally use it because it's easier to do majority of tasks.

>You would be better off using Win10.
no. if windows was good I would use it, but it's not. they aren't trying to appeal to people who are experienced with computers anymore, all the automation it tries to do just becomes an inconvenience to anyone who wants to do their own things with their computer, simple shit like setting up PATH is hidden behind layers of UI. it's just frustrating to do things in windows.

Linux is a kernel. It's installed in operating systems, just like NT in Windows.

>simple shit like applying leeches to your demonically-possessed mother is hidden behind layers of modern medicine. it's just frustrating to do things in the 21st century
With this small modification to what you said, it's easy to understand why.

are you implying PATH is some backwards and obsolete idea?
windows doesn't use it enough
have you ever opened run and entered "regedit" to open regedit? it's nice, right? why can't i enter "gimp" or "firefox" there? because it's not part of windows? nope, it's because installed programs aren't placed in PATH, that's the only reason. regedit is in "c:\windows", which is included in PATH by default

literally only reason to use windows is gaming, andnow there is gpu passthrough
if you want ez baby shit, mac is better, everything else but fucking word is better on linux

>are you implying PATH is some backwards and obsolete idea?
Yep.
>windows doesn't use it enough
On the contrary.
>have you ever opened run and entered "regedit" to open regedit? it's nice, right?
Yes.
>why can't i enter "gimp" or "firefox" there? because it's not part of windows? nope, it's blahblahblah…
C:\Windows>echo @"%ProgramFiles%\7-Zip\7ZFM.EXE" %* > 7zip.cmd
C:\Windows>cd /d S:\OmewhereElse
S:\OmewhereElse>7zip archive.7z

>C:\Windows>echo @"%ProgramFiles%\7-Zip\7ZFM.EXE" %* > 7zip.cmd
at least use a symlink
check out schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/hardlinkshellext.html

>symlink
>provide url describing a third-party program (no less) for hardlinks
I knew it would be pearls before swine. Usual commentary about absolute state, etc.

>at least use a symlink
Could not find external library "7zip.dll". Please reinstall the application.

I would switch to Linux right now if they made a compositor with GPU acceleration. I'm not using 90% of my CPU to watch a video in a browser because of some lazy incompetent assholes who are to autistic to cooperate for basic shit like this.

Attached: 1_14.gif (159x163, 111K)

you can make symlinks with the built-in mklink cli program, but it's not as convenient, especially on windows, compared to an explorer context menu item
also, that extension is not limited to hardlinks, it's only called that because it predates windows' support for symlinks

No stability, bugs, regressions, regressions and regressions: There's an incredible number of regressions (both in the kernel and in user space applications) when things which used to work break inexplicably; some of the regressions can even lead to data loss. Basically there is no quality control (QA/QC) nor regression testing in most Open Source projects (including the kernel) - Microsoft, for instance, reports that Windows 8 received 1,240,000,000 hours of testing whereas new kernel releases get, I guess, under 10,000 hours of testing - and every Linux kernel release is comparable to a new Windows version. Serious bugs which impede normal workflow can take years to be resolved. A lot of crucial hardware (e.g. GPUs, Wi-Fi cards) isn't properly supported. Both Linux 4.1.9/4.1.10, which are considered "stable" (moreover this kernel series is also LTS(!)), crash under any network load. WTF??

haha, oh yea
non-shared shared libraries.
sasuga, windows.
that dll also isn't in path

>windows
ram consuming botnet os good only for games and adobe softwares
if GUI point and click and desktop environment
are the only things that interest you op
dont say later that you know something about computers..

C:\Windows>mklink vboxmanage.exe "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxManage.exe"
symbolic link created for vboxmanage.exe C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxManage.exe

C:\Windows>vboxmanage

VBoxManage.exe - System Error
The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem.

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem.

The code execution cannot proceed because VBoxRT.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem.

The code execution cannot proceed because VBoxDDU.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem.
Shiggy.

>sasuga, windows
Yeah. It's not Unix.

>, people on the autism spectrum often struggle with language and communication skills.
Says the guy with the point and click OS.

which is why you should just add "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox" to your PATH
symlinking a program into c:\windows will only work if you also symlink everything it needs (or those things are otherwise in PATH), which could well be everything in it's program files folder
yea, you could make a shell script and put that in c:\windows, but then you're just making windows take the extra step of running the shell script when it finds your program in path, rather than just finding and directly running your program using path

Idiot!!!!
The reason most loonix fags name Windows as a reason is because they hate Windows and not because it is bad.
Loonixers are autists.

>I probably can't change your mind about Linux users being elitist. A lot of dorks let their computer skills go to their heads because it's all they have going for them in life.
THIS!!!!! pure loonix autism.

>add ANOTHER directory to your PATH that has to be searched every time you press Enter
>possibly open yourself to interesting same-DLL-is-at-an-earlier-point-in-PATH trip-ups, too
Or, .

hmm, i guess you're right, windows' filesystem layout just isn't suited for easy program launching

Not true but alright

True user, very true

Also:
>program loads DLL(s) by RELATIVE path
>(can't be done via import table (i think?), but easily done with LoadLibraryA/W())
program.exe - System Error
The code execution cannot proceed because C:\CurrentDir\subdir\my.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem.
>just isn't suited for easy program launching
It is, but it isn't a Unix.

How many times are you going to post and delete this?